IBPS RRB Officer – Job Role, Salary allowances & Career Growth Download Call Letter starts soon
IBPS CRP RRB VII - 2018: Latest Updates
- June 13, 2018
- June 8, 2018
IBPS RRB OFFICER – Job Responsibility
The area of operation of the RRBs is generally restricted to the geographical region of states or districts. Also, the range of activities handled by them apart from customer service and deposit mobilization is restricted to providing credit and other facilities to the small and marginal farmers, agricultural laborers, artisans and small entrepreneurs in rural areas.
Major Job responsibilities include:-
- Managing all the functions of the bank
- Making the farmers understand the benefits of the credit facilities in the most transparent ways.
- Assessment of credit profiles
- Repayment of loans
- Spreading awareness about the different policies and schemes to local people.
- Maintaining the bank’s annual balance sheet and creating the audit reports
- The implementation of government schemes
The work will be less when compared to other PSB’s. Since there is not much work pressure and it involves a lesser number of people, the work-life balance is better.
IBPS RRB Salary 2018 (Officer & Office Assistant):
|Post||Take Home Salary (Approx.)|
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||Rs. 15,000 – 19,000|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale – I||Rs. 29,000 – 33,000|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II||Rs. 33,000 – 39,000|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale – III||Rs. 38,000 – 44,000|
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Salary 2018
IBPS RRB Salary for Multipurpose Assistant or Office Assistant posts at 100% DA for new recruits: Rs. 14000-17000 (take home).
Office Assistant Pay Scale: 7200-(400/3)-8400-(500/3)-9900-(600/4)-12300-(700/7)-17200-(1300/1)-18500-(800/1)-19300
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Salary and Allowances
Officer Scale-I or General Bank Officer Post is a Manager Trainee Post in RRBs or Gramin Bank.
For Office Scale 1- at 100% DA for new recruits: Rs. 28000-31000. The actual salary (take home) of the IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I will be around Rs. 30000.
The probation period will be for two years’, and after successful completion of the probation period, he/she (Manager Trainee) will be promoted to Assistant Manager.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 2 Salary and Perks
Candidates recruited as IBPS RRB Officers under Specialist Cadre Post (Scale-II) can be appointed as Technology Officer, Chartered Accountant, Law Officer, Treasury Manager, Marketing Officer, and Agricultural Officer.
For Office Scale-II – 100% DA for the new recruit will be Rs. 33000-39000 (approx.). The starting salary of the IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II will be around Rs. 39000.
Like the Scale-I Officers, Scale II Officers will undergo two years’ probation period, and after successful completion of the probation period, he/she (Manager Trainee) will be promoted to next level.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 3 Salary and Benefits
Officer Scale-III is a Senior Manager post in RRBs.
For Office Scale 3- at 100% DA for new recruits: Rs. 38000-46000 (approx.)
IBPS RRB 2018 – Perks and allowances:
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I, II and III Post offers various perks and benefits and hence the demand for the post has been growing. Work pressure is lesser in comparison to commercial banks of the country. Employees can enjoy a good work-life balance under IBPS RRB Officers are eligible for 100% DA. The cost of living is usually lower as candidates are posted in rural areas. IBPS RRBs have a lot of growth potential as several government departments and government agencies liaison with the IBPS RRBs and partner with them for work. Candidates must show their performance with what is allotted to them.
IBPS RRB 2018 – Posting Locations
- The area of operation of the RRBs is generally restricted to the geographical region of the state or districts. Thus, the postings are in rural areas of the states that you apply
IBPS RRB 2018 – Career Growth
So being part of a Regional Rural Bank at this stage would open various growth opportunities – both within and outside the organization.
That is, a Scale I officer may become Scale II and III officers through various promotion. However, reaching top position is decided by the government and not by individual banks.
- Since Regional Rural Banks are sponsored by commercial Public-Sector Banks, the head of RRB always gets nominated from the ranks of the sponsored bank i.e, mostly Assistant General Manager of the sponsored bank.
- Therefore, the most one can expect his career growth in Regional Rural Banks as an Officer Scale I officer is Chief Manager in a service span of 35 years which is very limiting.
Pros and Cons of IBPS RRB Officer Posts
- Higher chances of home posting and few transfers
- An opportunity to serve the lesser privileged people
- Lower work pressure
- Limited growth and promotion
- The limited scope of work and exposure
Want to get a Job in Bank or Govt Organization?
Join Chennai RACE Institute Today
A Simple trick to remember Alphabets & its Number PositionsWatch the video
- June 22, 2018
- June 21, 2018
- June 21, 2018
- June 21, 2018
- June 18, 2018