A candidate applying for recruitment in the Company must be either-
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Educational Qualification (as on date prescribed in notification):
Candidate should possess certificate in proof of passing the qualifying examination as on preference date . For Generalist Stream, a candidate must possess the minimum qualification of a Degree in any discipline from a recognized University OR any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government. For Specialist Stream a candidate must possess the minimum qualification of Degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University OR any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
The minimum Educational Qualifications required for various disciplines are
|S. No.||Discipline||Minimum Qualification|
|1||Finance||Chartered Accountant (ICAI) / Cost Accountant (ICWA)/ MBA FINANCE* / B.COM / M.COM|
|2||Engineering||B.Tech /B.E (in Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Communication Engineering).|
|3||Automobile Engineering||B.E./B.Tech. in Automobile Engineering OR Graduate in Mechanical Engineering with Diploma (at least one year duration) in Automobile Engineering.|
|4||Legal||Graduate in Law.|
|5||Generalist||Graduate in any stream.|
* MBA Finance candidates must furnish certificate from university confirming their specialization in finance at the time of interview, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the interview. Note
a) Qualifications mentioned above should be from any of the recognized Indian Universities duly approved by the UGC or any of the recognized Indian Institutes duly approved by AICTE.
b) Preference will be given to candidates having post qualification experience in their area of specialization. Company’s decision in this regard shall be final.
c) The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate of the necessary qualification as on Interview date.
Age (as on date prescribed in notification):
Minimum Age: 21 years Maximum Age: 30 years. i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd Oct-1984 and not later than 1st Oct-1993 (both dates inclusive). Relaxation in upper age limit shall be as follows,
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non creamy layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disability||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.||5 Years|
|5||Defence service personnel disabled in operation during the hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as consequence thereof||3 years|
|6||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|7||Existing Confirmed Employees of Public Sector General Insurance Companies (including GIC & Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd.)||8 years|
- In case of a candidate who is eligible for relaxation under more than one of the above categories, the age relaxation will be available on a cumulative basis subject to the maximum age not exceeding 45 years.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) and produce the original certificate(s) for verification at the time of interview and /or any subsequent stage of recruitment process.
Note for Ex-Servicemen:
- In case of an Ex-serviceman who has once joined in a Govt. job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an Ex-serviceman for his re-employment, his Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases.
- An Ex- serviceman, who applies for various vacancies before joining any civil employment, can avail the benefit of reservation as ex-serviceman for any subsequent employment. However, to avail of this benefit, an ex-serviceman, as soon as he/she joins any civil employment, should give self declaration/undertaking to the concerned employer about the date-wise details of application for various vacancies for which he/she had applied for before joining the initial civil employment. Further, this benefit would be available only in respect of vacancies which are filled on direct recruitment and wherever reservation is applicable to the ex-servicemen.
There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers Cadre.
A. EX-SERVICEMEN (EXSM): Only those candidates shall be treated as Ex-servicemen who fulfill the revised definition as laid down in Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms Notification No.36034/5/85 Estt. (SCT) dated 27.01.1986 as amended from time to time.
B. DISABLED EX-SERVICEMEN (DISXS): Ex-servicemen who while serving in Armed Forces of the union were disabled in operation against the enemy or in disturbed areas shall be treated as DISXS. C. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: Under Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act 1995 only such persons would be eligible for reservation who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability and are certified by a Medical Board appointed by the Central/State Govt. Accordingly, candidates with the following disabilities are eligible to apply:
I. Visually Impaired (VI)
Blindness refers to condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely (a) Total absence of sight, (b) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses. (c) Limitation of the field of vision subtending in angle of 20 degrees or worse. Low vision means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device
II. Deaf& Hearing Impaired (HI)
The deaf are those persons in whom the sense of hearing is non- functional for ordinary purposes of life i.e. total loss of hearing in both ears. They do not hear; understand sounds at all even with amplified speech. Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
III. Orthopedically Challenged (OC)
Locomotor Disability means disability of bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy. Cerebral Palsy means a group of non-progressive conditions of person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal, peri-natal or infant period of development. All the cases of Orthopedically Challenged Persons would be covered under the category of “Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy‟.
Guidelines for Persons with Disabilities using a Scribe
Those candidates who are visually impaired or affected by cerebral palsy with loco-motor impairment and whose writing speed is affected can use own scribe at own cost during the online examination. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
- The candidate will have to arrange his / her own scribe at his/her own cost.
- The scribe may be from any academic stream.(for generalist discipline)
- The scribe should be from an academic stream different from that stipulated for the post (for specialist discipline).
- Both the candidate as well as scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above. Further in case it later transpires that he/she did not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the examination.
- Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination.
- The same scribe cannot be used by more than one candidate. In addition, the scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the examination. If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process, candidature of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled. Candidates eligible for and who wish to use the services of a scribe in the examination should invariably carefully indicate the same in the online application form. Any subsequent request may not be favorably entertained.
Guidelines for candidates With locomotor disability and cerebral palsy
An extra time of twenty minutes per hour shall be permitted for the candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant (writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment). Visually Impaired candidates
- Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font and all such candidates will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of examination.
- The facility of viewing the contents of the test in magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination. These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines/ clarifications, if any, from time to time.
At the time of interview the Candidates must necessarily produce the relevant documents in original and a self-attested photocopy in support of their identity and eligibility pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications etc as indicated in the online application form.
Please note that no change of application data will be permitted at any stage after completion of registration process of the online application. Merely applying for the post and being shortlisted in the online examination and/ or in the subsequent interview and/ or subsequent processes does not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered employment in the Company.
No request for considering the candidature under any category / post other than the one in which applied will be entertained.