Physical Endurance Test (PET) / Physical Standard Test (PST) Mandatory for the posts
NOTE – I: Candidates will have to undergo PET/ MEDICAL Examination.
ELIGIBILITY TESTS (For all posts)
|Category of candidates||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms)|
|(i) For male candidates only GENERAL||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(ii) For Female candidates only GENERAL||157||–||–|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe||154||–||–|
Physical Efficiency (Endurance) Test (PET) (For all posts)
For male candidates only
a) 100 meters race in 16 seconds
b) 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
c) Long Jump : 3.65 metres in 3 chances
d) High Jump : 1.2 metres in 3 chances
e) Shot put (16 Lbs) : 4.5 metres in 3 chance
For female candidates only
a) 100 metres race in 18 seconds
b) 800 metres race in 4 minutes
c) Long Jump: 2.7 metres (9 feet) in 3 chances.
d) High Jump : 0.9 metres (3 feet) in 3 chances.
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of the certificate in the proforma as prescribed in Annexure VIII from the competent authorities of the District where they ordinarily reside (s).
- “The relaxation in physical standards (height/ chest) once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individually concerned remains in Delhi Police.”
- Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest, may prefer an appeal, if they so desire, to the appellate authority present on the PET ground. The decision of the appellate authority will be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained.
Weight: Corresponding to height for all posts.
Medical standard (For all posts)
Eye sight: The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.
1) The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high color vision.
2) They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Physical endurance test will not carry any marks but will be of qualifying/elimination nature
NOTE: Ex-Servicemen applying for the posts in CAPFs are not required to undergo PET. The Ex. Servicemen candidates for the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police have also been exempted from PET. However, all Ex-Servicemen are required to pass the written test and fulfill the physical standards prescribed for direct recruits for recruitment of Sub Inspector/ Assistant Sub-Inspector, as the case may be. They should also pass the medical standards prescribed for direct recruits.
NOTE: II The candidature of female candidates who are pregnant at the time of Physical Endurance Test will be rejected as they cannot undergo PET. No appeal/ representation will be entertained against such rejection.
Note: III Medical Examination All the candidates who qualify in the PET will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary. Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days. The decision of Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the ReMedical Board / Review Medical Board will be entertained.