Daily Current Affairs – February 22, 2023
Daily Current Affairs - February 22, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Indian Navy participates in Goa Carnival with a float, short skit
- An Indian Navy’s tableau and a short skit prepared by Naval Aircraft Yard (Goa) were shown during the “Goa Carnival 2023” at Vasco-da- Gama. A tableau “Indian Navy – Combat Ready, Credible, Cohesive and Future Ready” exhibited a self-propelled model of the first indigenously built aircraft carrier INS Vikrant, which was commissioned on September 2, 2022.
- The salient features of the mighty aircraft carrier and models of indigenous aircraft like LCA Tejas, ALH and TEDBF were showcased on the float. A skit depicting the ”Atmanirbhar” approach of the armed forces was also performed by naval personnel during the parade. The tableau proved to be a source of inspiration for the youth of Goa to be a part of the nation-building process and in turn, motivate them to join the Indian Navy.
India needs Rs 33,750 crore to set up Li-ion cell, battery manufacturing plants: CEEW
- India needs investments to the tune of Rs 33,750 crore to achieve the government PLI target of setting up 50 GWh of lithium-ion cell and battery manufacturing plants, according to a study.
- The country requires up to 903 GWh of energy storage to decarbonise its mobility and power sectors by 2030, and lithium-ion batteries will meet the majority of this demand, an independent study released by the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW).
Govt announces release of 20 lakh tonnes of wheat from FCI for sale in open market to ease price of grain
- The Centre has announced the release of 20 lakh tonnes of wheat from the Food Corporation of India in the open market for sale through E-auction. The reduction in reserve price along with the additional offloading of 20 lakh tonnes of wheat will collectively help in reducing the market price of wheat and wheat products for consumers.
- Earlier, the Committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Home Minister Amit Shah had decided to release 30 lakh tonnes of wheat for sale through E-auction to flour mills, private traders, buyers and manufacturers of wheat products. The Consumer Affairs Ministry said, so far, 50 lakh tonnes of wheat have been decided to offload under Open Market Sale Scheme- 2023. The Ministry said, after the announcement of the Open Market Sale Scheme Policy 2023, the prices of wheat and atta have come down.
Online registration begins for Char Dham Yatra
- In Uttarakhand, the online registration for Char Dham Yatra (pilgrimage) has started. On first day nine thousand pilgrims registered themselves for Badrinath-Kedarnath Yatra (pilgrimage).
- Uttarakhand Tourism and Culture Minister Sat Pal Maharaj said that this year the Char Dham Yatra will begin from the 22nd of April.
- The doors of Kedarnath Dham will open the 25th of April and of Badrinath on the 27th of April where as doors of Gangotri and Yamunotri Dham will be opened as per tradition on the 22nd of April.
69 Atal Incubation Centers operationalized which produced 2900 plus startups till date: Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh
- After the launch of Incubator Assessment Framework he said, Atal Innovation Mission has taken a holistic approach to ensure creation of a problem-solving innovative mindset in schools and creating an ecosystem of entrepreneurship in universities, research institutions, private and MSME sector.
- The Minister said, to promote creation of a supporting ecosystem for start-ups and entrepreneurs, Atal Innovation Mission has been establishing Atal Incubation Centers in universities, Institutions and Corporate. He informed that 69 Atal Incubation Centers have been operationalized which have produced over two thousand 900 startups till date.
Union Minister of Food Processing Industry inaugurates India Pavillion at Dubai
- ‘India Pavilion’ at Gulfood, Dubai was inaugurated by Shri Pashupati Kumar Paras, Minister of Food Processing Industries, Government of India in the presence of Shri Sunjay Sudhir, Ambassador of India to the UAE on February 20th.
- ‘India Pavilion’ is the largest pavilion at the Gulfood 2023. 306 companies, comprising of leading players, SMEs and Startups are participating under one umbrella at ‘India Pavilion’.
- The Indian companies are exhibiting in all segments of the Gulfood viz. Beverages, Pulses, Grains, Cereals, World Food, Meat and Poultry, Dairy, Fats & Oils, etc. The leading Indian companies participating include Amul, MDH, Parle, Rasna, Bikanerwala, Bikaji, Everest Foods, Markfed, Safal and Lal Quilla.
Paddy procurement crosses 700 LMT mark, benefiting over 96 lakh farmers
- The brisk procurement of paddy is proving quite beneficial for farmers from across the country. The procurement for KMS 2022-23 has progressed to over 702 LMT up to 20.02.2023, and over 96 lakh farmers have already benefitted with MSP outflow of Rs. 1,45,845 crores with the transfer of a payment directly into their account. Rice delivery against the procured paddy is around 218 LMT in the Central Pool up to 20.02.2023 and an adequate rice stock is currently available in the Central Pool for meeting the requirements of the country.
- For the Kharif crop of the current KMS 2022-23, a quantity of 765.43 LMT Paddy, has been estimated to be procured as against 749 LMT Paddy procured during the last KMS 2021-22. The estimated procurement of paddy for the rabi crop of KMS 2022-23 is going to be finalized in the forthcoming Food Secretaries’ meeting to be held on 01.03.2023. With the inclusion of the rabi crop, it is expected that around 900 LMT paddy may be procured during the entire KMS 2022-23.
UIDAI launches IVRS-based Aadhaar services
- Aadhaar issuing body, UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India), has launched a new interactive voice response service (IVRS).
- Individuals can call the UIDAI toll-free number 1947 at any time for Aadhaar-related services.
Coal India to achieve 1 billion tonne production target by FY26: Report
- State-run Coal India Ltd (CIL) will achieve 1 billion tonne production target by 2025-26, CareEdge Ratings.
- India’s coal requirement will likely hit 1.5 billion tonne by 2030 and to meet this, the country should scale up its production.
AIIMS Delhi signs MoU with PSC Mauritius to conduct examinations
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi signed an MOU with the PSC, Mauritius to conduct examinations for Medical and Health Officers, Senior Medical Officers, Dental Surgeons and Senior Dental Surgeons to join the Public Service in the Republic of Mauritius.
UAE to host first I2U2 vice-ministerial meeting in Abu Dhabi
- The United Arab Emirates is set to host the first vice-ministerial meeting of the I2U2 in Abu Dhabi this week. It will be attended by senior officials from the four countries India, Israel, the United States and the UAE.
- Under Secretary of State for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment Jose W Fernandez will lead the US delegation at the meeting in Abu Dhabi on February 21-22.
- Fernandez will represent the US at the I2U2 Business Forum, hosted by the UAE; it is the first vice-ministerial meeting since the grouping was jointly announced by President Joe Biden, Israeli Prime Minister Lapid, UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
India to host Permanent Mission Roundtables at UN Head Quarter as Chair of G- 20
- India will host the Permanent Mission Roundtables at United Nation Head Quarter as Chair of G- 20 and ahead of the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Summit this year to be held in New York.
- During the event, the focus will be on India’s growth story and achievements and how these might be scaled for the potential benefit of the global South.
- On the 23rd of this month, a roundtable titled ‘Gandhian Trusteeship: A panel discussion on Sustainable Lifestyles and Enduring Pace’ will be held. A series of roundtables have been lined up for the next few months.
2nd round of India-Iraq Foreign Office Consultations held in Baghdad
- The second round of the India-Iraq Foreign Office Consultations was held in Baghdad. The Indian delegation was led by Dr. Ausaf Sayeed, Secretary (Consular, Passport and Visa and Overseas Indian Affairs) while Iraq’s delegation was led by Undersecretary for Political Planning Affairs from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iraq Dr. Hisham Al Alawi.
- India and Iraq also expressed their satisfaction about the bilateral trade, which exceeded 34 billion US dollars for 2021-22 and discussed ways and means to further increase and diversify trade from oil to non-oil sectors.
The first G20 Working Group (CWG) meeting of Culture will begin from tomorrow at Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh.
- The first G20 Working Group (CWG) meeting of Culture will begin at Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh. The Meeting is scheduled to be organised from 22nd to 25th February.
- Union Minister for Culture, Tourism and DoNER Shri G.K Reddy; Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar and Minister of State for Culture Smt Meenakshi Lekhi will inaugurate an exhibition titled “Re(ad)dress: Return of Treasures” at the Maharaja Chhatrasal Convention Centre (MCCC).
- On their arrival at the Khajuraho Airport, the delegates will be welcomed with folk performances – Badhai and Rai. The delegates will be provided traditional arts and cultural experiences and will participate in DIY activities like papier mache, block printing, henna art during the meeting.
- On the first day of the meeting Padam Shri Mr. Nek Ram known as the Millet man has been invited to celebrate the International Year of Millets (IYM) 2023.
- On the following days of the meeting cultural programs will be organised including the Khajuraho Dance Festival Cultural performances. The delegates will also visit the Western Group of Temples, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. They will also be taken to Panna Tiger Reserve. More than 125 delegates will attend the meeting.
Omega Seiki signs MoU with Brandwin to manufacture and distribute electric trucks in Bangladesh
- Omega Seiki Mobility and Brandwin group have signed a Memorandum of Understanding wherein Brandwin will be manufacturing and distributing its range of electric trucks including 1-ton and 3-ton models of M1KA in the country as early as 2024. The production line is currently under construction and initially, the company will be selling CKD (Completely Knocked Down) kits of the M1KA in Bangladesh. Both companies will be making an investment of Rs. 82 crore ($10 million). OSM anticipates an initial sales volume of 500 electric trucks per year.
- Omega Seiki Mobility has set up an electric vehicle manufacturing facility near Dhaka in Bangladesh that willl be operational from April 2023 and will be manufacturing electric three-wheelers for domestic and export markets.
J&K: NHAI all set to complete construction of 800-metre-long tunnel T5 by March 15
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, soon people would be able to bypass the Panthyal stretch in Ramban district, a point highly prone to shooting stones, as the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is all set to complete the construction of 800-metre-long tunnel called T5 by the 15th of March.
- Apart from the T5 tunnel, the NHAI will also come up with two tubes of 16.6 km in length between Ramban and Digdol (up to Sher Bibi) and then connect it with a viaduct with the Banihal expressway.
Kochi to host conference on tourism technology on February 24
- The Association of Tourism Trade Organisations, India (ATTOI), with the support of Kerala Tourism, will organise the fourth edition of the International Conference on Tourism Technology (ICTT), highlighting the role of technology, social media and smartphone apps in catalysing the growth of the travel and hospitality industry.
- ATTOI President, Vinod C.S, said ICTT 2023 will provide a valuable platform for industry professionals and experts in India to come together to share knowledge, network and discuss the latest trends and developments in online tourism marketing.
- A major objective of the conference is to keep the industry updated on the latest regulations, standards and best practices related to the use of technology in tourism.
Mumbai: First composite steel girder span installed in Sewree as part of MTHL package 1
- The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority marked another milestone by installing its first composite steel girder span as part of Mumbai Trans Harbour Link’s (MTHL) Package 1.
- The 40mt span, weighing about 130 metric tonne, will connect with the Eastern Freeway at two levels. The 10.38km Package 1 is broadly divided into three zones – 5.755km Marine zone, 4.130km Intertidal zone and the Land zone (Sewree Interchange).
- In the land zone, there are eight ramps that connect the MTHL main bridge with Eastern Freeway (four ramps), the proposed Sewree Worli elevated bridge (two ramps) and MbPT Road below Eastern Freeway (two ramps).
- MTHL is a six-lane road bridge between Sewree in Mumbai and Chirle in Navi Mumbai. When completed, it will be the longest sea bridge in India.
- MTHL is divided into three construction packages – Package 1 comprises a 10.38km bridge section across Mumbai Bay and Sewree Interchange. The total bridge is of about 22km and comprises 16.5km sea bridge and 5.5km of viaducts on land on both ends of the bridge.
Asian Paints signs pact with Gujarat to set up manufacturing facility in Dahej
- Paints maker Asian Paints entered into a agreement with the Gujarat government to set up a manufacturing facility in Dahej. The pact was signed through its newly incorporated, wholly owned subsidiary, Asian Paints (Polymers).
- Asian Paints subsidiary will set up the facility for Vinyl Acetate Ethylene Emulsion (VAE) and Vinyl Acetate Monomer (VAM) at Dahej, Gujarat.
Banking and Finance
Kotak Mahindra Bank takes corporate digital banking portal 'Kotak fyn' live
- Private sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank went live with ‘Kotak fyn’, an integrated portal developed to offer comprehensive digital banking and value-added services to its business banking and corporate clients.
- The portal will offer services across all products, including trade & services, account services, payments, and collections and make banking seamless for the bank’s clients.
- It is expected to reduce complexity and friction for customers. The portal will assure paperless transactions and will offer the facility to unify data across multiple product-specific portals and back-office systems to create a single view of transactions, positions and balances, enabling self-service and driving operational efficiency.
HDFC Bank hikes FD interest rates: General to get 7.1%, senior citizens can earn 7.6% on this tenure
- HDFC Bank has increased interest rates of its fixed deposits (FDs) of less than Rs 2 crore on select tenures. Following the hike, HDFC Bank offers interest rates ranging from 3% to 7.10% for the general public and 3.50% to 7.60% (excluding Senior Citizen Care FD) for senior citizens for tenures between 7 days and 10 years.
- According to the bank’s official website, the new interest rates on fixed deposits are effective from February 21, 2023.
NTPC Green Energy to raise up to Rs 9,000 crore term loan
- NTPC arm NTPC Green Energy Ltd (NGEL) has invited bids for rupee denominated term loan of up to Rs 9,000 crore. The bid document showed that NGEL intends to raise fresh debt and repay outstanding liability of Rs 8,200 crore towards NTPC by March 31, 2023 along with applicable interest cost.
- Also, additional funds to the tune of Rs 800 crore would be required for additional debt liability and for balance capex payments of projects which are yet to achieve full commercial operations.
Digital transactions will soon exceed cash in India: PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed hope that digital transactions will soon surpass cash as Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is increasingly becoming the most preferred payment mechanism in the country.
- Modi after the launch of the cross-border connectivity between the UPI and PayNow of Singapore said about 74 billion transactions amounting to more than Rs 126 trillion, which is approximately 2 trillion Singapore dollar, was done through UPI in 2022.
IIFL Finance launches ‘Sapna Aapka Loan Hamara’ pan-India marketing campaign
- Retail-focussed non-banking financial company, IIFL Finance has launched ‘Sapna Aapka Loan Hamara Campaign’ with actress Tamannaah Bhatia as a part of its pan-India marketing outreach. IIFL aims to reach 350 million+ consumers with its offerings over the next six months through the campaign and improve its leadership position in gold loan, home loan, business loan and microfinance loan segments.
- The country-wide marketing campaign is running across TV, digital, cinema, radio and print media among others. The campaign is aimed at the unbanked and underbanked segment of customers with growing credit needs. IIFL Finance serves over 8 million customers.
SBI, ICICI bank, 2 more banks to facilitate money transfer through UPI-PayNow link
- State Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Indian Bank, and ICICI Bank have been selected to facilitate money transfer through the UPI-PayNow link between India and Singapore.
- While these lenders will help in both inward and outward remittances, Axis Bank and DBS India will facilitate inward remittances only, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Business and Economy
OYO to double premium hotels in India in 2023
- OYO announced its plan to double the number of premium hotels in India with the addition of around 1,800 such hotels in 2023.
- Its premium hotel brands include Townhouse Oak, OYO Townhouse, Collection O and Capital O.
- OYO currently has about 1,800 premium hotels in India.
Retail inflation for farm workers rises to 6.85 pc in January
- Retail inflation for farm and rural workers rose to 6.85 percent and 6.88 percent, respectively, in January, mainly due to higher prices of certain food items.
- The inflation readings for farm and rural workers stood at 6.38 percent and 6.60 percent, respectively, in December 2022.
India's TWS shipments register 85% growth in 2022, boAt leads: Report
- India’s TWS (True Wireless Stereo earbuds) shipments registered 85 per cent (year-on-year) growth in 2022, with boAt leading the market for the third time in a row.
- According to Counterpoint Research, boAt registered 89 per cent (year-on-year) growth, contributing two-fifths of the total shipments. The Airdopes 131 remained the top-selling model for the second consecutive year with a 10 per cent share of the total TWS market shipments.
- Moreover, for the first time, the top five spots in the India TWS market were captured by local brands.
- Noise rose to the second spot with 2x (year-on-year) growth, while, Boult Audio grabbed the third spot with a 7 per cent share and 167 per cent (year-on-year) growth.
- Mivi grew 544 per cent (year-on-year) this year and took the fourth position in the rankings for top-five brands for the first time, driven by its full-fledged made-in-India TWS portfolio.
- pTron again took the fifth spot with a 5 per cent share of the total TWS shipments.
India's GDP likely grew 5-5.1 per cent in third quarter of FY23: Analysts
The economy is likely to have grown at 5-5.1 per cent in the October-December 2022 quarter due to normalising base, much lower than the 6.3 per cent growth recorded in the previous quarter, according to analysts.
Science and Technology
IIT Mandi scientists develops AI algorithm to improve accuracy of landslide prediction
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mandi have developed a new algorithm using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) that could improve the accuracy of prediction for natural hazards like landslides.
- D P Shukla, Associate Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at IIT Mandi.
- Shukla’s team has developed a new ML algorithm that overcomes this issue of data imbalance for training of the algorithm. It uses two under sampling techniques, EasyEnsemble and BalanceCascade, to address the issue of imbalanced data in landslide mapping.
iAcuity Telco to participate at MWC Barcelona 2023
- iAcuity Telco, a leading telecom software and solutions company headquartered in Mumbai, India announced that it would demonstrate a wide array of exciting products and solutions at the Mobile World Congress (MWC), Barcelona, Spain scheduled from 27th Feb to 2nd March.
- The iAcuity Telco products offer comprehensive business support systems and regulatory compliance solutions for telecom service providers, including Network Intelligence, Revenue Assurance, Fraud Management, and Lawful Interception. iAcuity Telco products and solutions are designed with years of research, innovation, and expertise, using advanced techniques for collecting, filtering, curating, and analyzing vast amounts of data.
- This enables communication service providers to make informed decisions and improve operational efficiency, reduce fraud, comply with regulatory security requirements, provide secured connectivity and maximize revenue.
Acquisitions and Mergers
Cliqtrade acquires significant stake in Asit C Mehta Financial Services; becomes Co promoter
- Cliqtrade Stock Brokers has acquired an additional 10 per cent stake in broking and financial services firm Asit C Mehta Financial Services Ltd, taking its total holding in the company to 37.19 per cent.
- The additional 10 per cent stake or 4.68 lakh shares have been purchased at Rs 151.44 apiece, aggregating the transaction size to Rs 7.08 crore, Asit C Mehta Financial Services.
JLR India appoints Rajan Amba as managing director
- Jaguar Land Rover India has appointed Rajan Amba as the managing director, with effect from March 1.
- Amba will succeed incumbent Rohit Suri, who is due to retire from the post on March 31, Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) India.
Gulab Chand Kataria to take oath as Assam Governor
- Gulab Chand Kataria will take oath as the 31st Governor of Assam. Senior leader of Bharatiya Janata Party and leader of the opposition in the Rajasthan Assembly, Kataria will now assume the role of Governor.
Vice Admiral Dinesh Tripathi to be new Western Naval Commander
- Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi has been appointed as the new Flag officer commanding in chief of the Indian Navy’s sword arm Western Command headquartered in Mumbai. Tripathi, presently the Chief of Personnel at the naval headquarters in the naval headquarters in Delhi will assume his new appointment on March 1.
- He graduated from Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, where he was awarded the Thimmaiya Medal, Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi attended Naval Higher Command Course and Naval Command College at the US Naval War College, Newport, Rhode Island in 2007-8, and won the prestigious Robert Bateman International Prize. Tripathi has commanded INS Vinash, INS Kirch and INS Trishul and has held various important operational and staff appointments which include Fleet Operations Officer of the Western Fleet at Mumbai, Director of Naval Operations, Principle Director Network Centric Operations, Principal Director of Naval Plans, and Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Policy and Plans) at Naval Headquarters.
- The Flag Officer commanded the Eastern Fleet from January 15, 2018, to March 30 in 2019. On promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral in Jun 2019, Tripathi was appointed as the Commandant of the prestigious Indian Naval Academy at Ezhimala, Kerala. Later, the Academy was awarded the President’s Colour in November 2019 by the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces.
- He was also the Director General of Naval Operations from July 29, 2020, till May 31, 2021, a period that witnessed a very high tempo of naval and maritime operations.
UN appoints Indo-Canadian Afshan Khan coordinator for Scaling Up Nutrition Movement
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has announced the appointment of Indo-Canadian Afshan Khan as the coordinator of the ‘Scaling Up Nutrition Movement’. The Scaling Up Nutrition or SUN Movement is a country-driven initiative led by 65 nations and four Indian states united in their mission to end all forms of malnutrition by 2030, Stephane Dujarric, spokesperson for the secretary-general told reporters at the UN headquarters in New York.
- Afshan Khan will succeed Gerda Verburg of the Netherlands, to whom the secretary-general expresses his gratitude for her efforts and dedication in leading the Scaling Up Nutrition Movement.
Dmitry Dmitrukas appointed foreign coach of Indian boxing team
- The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) roped in renowned coach Dmitry Dmitruk as the team’s foreign coach for the next two years.
- Dmitruk, who served as the highperformance coach of the Irish Athletic Boxing Association as well as the Irish National Junior and Youth Teams for the last 12 years, will be leading Indian boxing’s men’s and women’s teams for the upcoming elite competitions, including the World Championships.
Illusion Dental Lab names Madhuri Dixit as the brand ambassador
- Illusion Dental Lab, a player in the Indian dental treatment market, has named actress Madhuri Dixit Nene as the brand ambassador for its latest offering, Illusion Zirconia.
- Illusion Dental Lab said that it is now focusing on Zirconia Crowns and Bridges under the Illusion Zirconia brand.
Selfex appoints Raj Bajoria as chief operating officer
- Selfex, courier and delivery company, has appointed its co-founder Raj Bajoria as its new chief operating officer (COO), effective immediately.
Hapipola names Harmanpreet Kaur as brand ambassador
- Hapipola, a lifestyle gadget company, has appointed Harmanpreet Kaur, the captain of India Women’s cricket team, as its new brand ambassador.
Agritech startup Ninjacart appoints Vivek Venkatasen as Chief Finance Officer
- Ninjacart, a B2B fresh agri-produce supply chain company, has announced Vivek Venkatasen as its new Chief Finance Officer (CFO). Venkatasen will be responsible for strengthening the company’s financial operations and shaping its key long-term business strategies.
- Venkatasen will work alongside the company’s current CFO Balasubramanian S, who will be with the startup till the end of March.
Awards and Recognitions
Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards: Complete List of Winners
- Best Film: The Kashmir Files
- Best Director: R Balki for Chup: Revenge of The Artist
- Best Actor: Ranbir Kapoor for Brahmastra: Part 1
- Best Actress: Alia Bhatt for Gangubai Kathiawadi
- Most Promising Actor: Rishab Shetty for Kantara
- Best Actor In A Supporting Role: Manish Paul for Jugjugg Jeeyo
- Outstanding Contribution In The Film Industry: Rekha
- Best Web Series: Rudra: The Edge of Darkness
- Critics Best Actor: Varun Dhawan for Bhediya
- Film of The Year: RRR
- Television Series of The Year: Anupamaa
- Most Versatile Actor Of The Year: Anupam Kher for The Kashmir Files
- Best Actor In A Television Series: Zain Imam for Fanaa- Ishq Mein Marjawaan
- Best Actress In A Television Series: Tejasswi Prakash for Naagin
- Best Male Singer: Sachet Tandon for Maiyya Mainu
- Best Female Singer: Neeti Mohan for Meri Jaan
- Best Cinematographer: PS Vinod for Vikram Vedha
Character actor and dancer Bela Bose dies at 79
- Character actor and dancer Bela Bose, a familiar face in films such as ”Jai Santoshi Maa”, ”Bandini” and ”Professor”, has died.
India won two Gold Medals in Shooting at ISSF World Cup in Egypt
- India clinched two gold medals on the second day of the ongoing ISSF Shooting World Cup at Cairo in Egypt.
- Indian 10m Air Rifle Mixed team of Narmada Nithin Raju and Rudrankksh Balasaheb Patil and 10m Air Pistol Mixed team of Rhythm Sangwan and Varun Tomar have bagged the yellow metals.
- Indian rifle team trounced Hungary’s Eszter Denes and Istvan Peni 16-6 in the gold medal play-off to bag the top spot on the podium.
MEIL group firm ICOMM signs licensing pact with UAE firm to manufacture small arms
- ICOMM, a group company of Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Ltd, has signed a licensing agreement with UAE-based small-arms manufacturer Caracal to locally manufacture small firearms such as pistols and sniper rifles.
- The agreement was signed at the IDEX 2023 in Abu Dhabi, the UAE, one of the largest tri-service defence exhibitions in the world.
- ICOMM will manufacture the full range of Caracal small arms, including the versatile Caracal EF pistol, modern CMP 9 submachine gun, CAR 814, CAR 816 and CAR 817 tactical rifles, CAR 817 DMR tactical sniper rifle, CSR 50 anti-material sniper rifle, CSR 338 and CSR 308 bolt action sniper rifles and the CSA 338 semi-automatic sniper rifle.
- ICOMM is part of the USD 4 billion Hyderabad-based infrastructure group MEIL.
INS Sumedha reaches Abu Dhabi to participate in IDEX and NAVDEX
- Indian Naval Ship Sumedha reached Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates to participate in Naval Defence Exhibition – NAVDEX 23 and International Defence Exhibition – IDEX 23. The ship’s participation in two leading regional naval and defence exhibitions will showcase the strengths of India’s indigenous ship building and underscore the vision of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
- INS Sumedha is the third ship of the indigenously built Saryu class Naval Offshore Patrol Vessels and was commissioned into the Indian Navy in 2014. The ship is fitted with an impressive array of weapons and sensors, can carry an integral helicopter and boasts of long endurance.
Daily Current Affairs - February 4 & 5, 2023 - Consolidated One Liner
- Indian Navy participates in Goa Carnival with a float, short skit
- India needs Rs 33,750 crore to set up Li-ion cell, battery manufacturing plants: CEEW
- Govt announces release of 20 lakh tonnes of wheat from FCI for sale in open market to ease price of grain
- Online registration begins for Char Dham Yatra
- 69 Atal Incubation Centers operationalized which produced 2900 plus startups till date: Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industry inaugurates India Pavillion at Dubai
- Paddy procurement crosses 700 LMT mark, benefiting over 96 lakh farmers
- UIDAI launches IVRS-based Aadhaar services
- Coal India to achieve 1 billion tonne production target by FY26: Report
- AIIMS Delhi signs MoU with PSC Mauritius to conduct examinations
- UAE to host first I2U2 vice-ministerial meeting in Abu Dhabi
- India to host Permanent Mission Roundtables at UN Head Quarter as Chair of G- 20
- 2nd round of India-Iraq Foreign Office Consultations held in Baghdad
- The first G20 Working Group (CWG) meeting of Culture will begin from tomorrow at Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh.
- Omega Seiki signs MoU with Brandwin to manufacture and distribute electric trucks in Bangladesh
- J&K: NHAI all set to complete construction of 800-metre-long tunnel T5 by March 15
- Kochi to host conference on tourism technology on February 24
- Mumbai: First composite steel girder span installed in Sewree as part of MTHL package 1
- Asian Paints signs pact with Gujarat to set up manufacturing facility in Dahej
- Kotak Mahindra Bank takes corporate digital banking portal ‘Kotak fyn’ live
- HDFC Bank hikes FD interest rates: General to get 7.1%, senior citizens can earn 7.6% on this tenure
- NTPC Green Energy to raise up to Rs 9,000 crore term loan
- Digital transactions will soon exceed cash in India: PM Modi
- IIFL Finance launches ‘Sapna Aapka Loan Hamara’ pan-India marketing campaign
- SBI, ICICI bank, 2 more banks to facilitate money transfer through UPI-PayNow link
- OYO to double premium hotels in India in 2023
- Retail inflation for farm workers rises to 6.85 pc in January
- India’s TWS shipments register 85% growth in 2022, boAt leads: Report
- India’s GDP likely grew 5-5.1 per cent in third quarter of FY23: Analysts
- IIT Mandi scientists develops AI algorithm to improve accuracy of landslide prediction
- iAcuity Telco to participate at MWC Barcelona 2023
- Cliqtrade acquires significant stake in Asit C Mehta Financial Services; becomes Co promoter
- JLR India appoints Rajan Amba as managing director
- Gulab Chand Kataria to take oath as Assam Governor
- Vice Admiral Dinesh Tripathi to be new Western Naval Commander
- UN appoints Indo-Canadian Afshan Khan coordinator for Scaling Up Nutrition Movement
- Dmitry Dmitrukas appointed foreign coach of Indian boxing team
- Illusion Dental Lab names Madhuri Dixit as the brand ambassador
- Selfex appoints Raj Bajoria as chief operating officer
- Hapipola names Harmanpreet Kaur as brand ambassadorAgritech startup Ninjacart appoints Vivek Venkatasen as Chief Finance Officer
- Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards: Complete List of Winners
- Character actor and dancer Bela Bose dies at 79
- India won two Gold Medals in Shooting at ISSF World Cup in Egypt
- MEIL group firm ICOMM signs licensing pact with UAE firm to manufacture small arms
- INS Sumedha reaches Abu Dhabi to participate in IDEX and NAVDEX
Daily Current Affairs - February, 2023
Aspirants can check the Daily Current Affairs which is uploaded in our Veranda Race Website from the links that are provided below.
|Day||Current Affairs Link|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 20, 2023||Click Here|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 21, 2023||Click Here|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 22, 2023||Click Here|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 23, 2023||Click Here|
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.