Daily Current Affairs – March 15, 2023
Daily Current Affairs - Banking - March 15, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Download – LEGEND Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
DPIIT Launches the First Edition of the National Incubator Capacity Building Program to Accelerate the Growth of the Indian Startup Ecosystem
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the Startup India initiative launched the first edition of the ‘National Incubator Capacity Building Program’ to support the growth of incubators across the country.
- This is following suggestions from the National Startup Advisory Council (NSAC) constituted by DPIIT, chaired by Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce & Industry, Government of India to build a strong ecosystem for nurturing innovation and startups to drive sustainable economic growth and generate livelihood opportunities.
- The initiative will provide 3 months mentorship and advisory support to the incubators and provide knowledge resources & tools for entrepreneurs to grow.
- The program is implemented by Villgro, winner of National Incubator Award 2020 by DPIIT, GoI.
- The program will develop customized business models for incubators and organize masterclasses, workshops on managing the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS).
- It will also offer access to VITALS (Villgro Information Tracking and Learning System), a technology-based information system for tracking incubation of enterprises.
Asia's first woman loco pilot Surekha Yadav operates Vande Bharat Express
- Asia’s first woman loco pilot Surekha Yadav has added another feather to her cap as she became the first female to operate the newly-introduced semi-high speed Vande Bharat Express train, the Central Railway.
- She piloted the semi-high speed train between Solapur station and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in Mumbai.
India remains world's top arms importer: SIPRI report
- India remained the world’s top arms importer, but its imports declined by 11 per cent between 2013-17 and 2018-22, according to a report released by Stockholm-based defence think-tank SIPRI.
- The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) said the five largest arms importers in the world during 2018-22 were India, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Australia and China.
- The five largest arms exporters were the United States, Russia, France, China and Germany.
Food Processing Industries Ministry allocates over Rs 4,439 crore under PM Kisan Sampada Yojana during 2017-18 to 2022-23
- Over 4,439 crore rupees have been allocated under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana during 2017-18 to 2022-23.
- The scheme is a comprehensive package for creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet.
- Out of 4,439 crore rupees, more than 3,566 crore rupees has been released in form of grants-in-aid as on February this year.
- SAMPADA scheme has assisted in benefitting over 56 lakh farmers and generated over eight lakh employment.
- A Central Sector Scheme – SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) in 2017.
- This umbrella scheme has now been renamed as the “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)” to be implemented by Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries – Pashupati Kumar Paras,Union Minister (Hajipur,Bihar) – Prahlad Singh Patel,Minister of State (Damoh,Madhya Pradesh)
Total of 4,748 Farmer Producer Organisations are registered across the country
- The government has informed that a total of 4,748 Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) are registered across the country.
- The government is providing financial assistance of Rs. 18 lakhs per FPO for a period of 3 three years along with credit guarantee facility and equity grant to farmers of the FPOs.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare – Narendra Singh Tomar,Cabinet Minister (Morena,UP) – Shobha Karandlaje,Minister of State (Udupi Chikmagalur,Karnataka), Kailash Choudhary, Minister of State (Barmer,Rajasthan)
Overall fish production in India has increased more than 21 times after independence
- The government said the overall fish production in the country has increased more than 21 times after independence.
- the total fish production in the country has registered a steady growth from 7.52 lakh tonnes in 1950-51 to 162.48 lakh tonnes in 2021-22.
- The government is currently implementing a flagship scheme Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana with estimated investment of over 20,000 crores rupees in the fisheries sector for a period of five years with effect from 2020-21 in all states.
- Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying – Parshottam Rupala,Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Gujarat) – Sanjeev Balyan, Minister of State (Muzaffarnagar,UP), L. Murugan, Minister of State (Rajya Sabha MP,MP)
First international conference on Shared Buddhist Heritage to begin in New Delhi
- The first international conference on Shared Buddhist Heritage will commence in New Delhi.
- It is being organised with a focus on India’s civilisational connect with the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) nations 2023.
- The two-day conference aims at re-establishing trans-cultural links and seeking out commonalities, between Buddhist art of Central Asia, art styles, archaeological sites and antiquity in various museum collections of the SCO countries.
- The two-day programme is being organised by the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of External Affairs and the International Buddhist Confederation.
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) – 15/06/2001 (Founded) – Beijing, China (Secretariat) – Members (6 countries) – Zhang Ming (Secretary General) – Chinese & Russian (Official Language)
Rs 3 lakh 61 thousand crore loan given to MSMEs under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme
- ₹3 lakh 61 thousand crore rupees loan has been given to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, MSME under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme.
- The scheme was launched in 2020 as part of Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan to support eligible MSMEs and business enterprises to restart their businesses in the context of the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
38.58 crore loans extended since inception of Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY)
- As per data uploaded by Member Lending Institutions (MLIs) on Mudra portal, as on 27.01.2023, more than 38.58 crore loans have been extended since inception of the Scheme.
- Out of this, over 26.35 crore loans have been extended to Women Entrepreneurs (68%) and 19.84 crore loans to SC/ST/OBC category of borrowers (51%).
- As per the survey results, PMMY helped in generating 1.12 crore net additional employment in the country during a period of approximately 3 years (i.e. from 2015 to 2018).
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) is a scheme launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on April 8, 2015 for providing loans up to 10 lakhs to the non-corporate, non-farm small/micro enterprises.
- These loans are classified as MUDRA loans under PMMY.
- MUDRA stands for Micro-Units Development and Refinance Agency.
- These loans are given by Commercial Banks, RRBs, Small Finance Banks, MFIs and NBFCs.
- Shishu – Up to Rs.50,000
- Kishor – Rs.50,000 to Rs.5 lakh
- Tarun – Rs.5 lakh to Rs.10 lakh
UP CM Yogi Adityanath, Union Min Gadkari inaugurate 18 road projects worth 10,000 crores for eastern UP
- A total of six National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) projects worth Rs 810 crores were inaugurated whereas foundation stones of another 12 NHAI projects worth around Rs 9,200 crores were laid by the union minister Nitin Gadkari and the UP CM at a formal ceremony held at Mahant Digvijay Nath Smriti Park.
- Uttar Pradesh – Lucknow (Capital) – Yogi Adityanath (CM) – Anandiben Patel (Governor) – Hindi (Language)
Gujarat govt signs 16 MoUs of worth Rs. 12,703 crores under 'The Atmanirbhar Gujarat Schemes for Assistance to Industries'
- Gujarat government signed 16 MoUs of worth 12,703 crore rupees in a single day under ‘The Atmanirbhar Gujarat Schemes for Assistance to Industries’.
- MoUs which were signed in the presence of Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel will create nearly 13 thousand 800 proposed employment opportunities in the State.
- The State has signed 36 MoUs under the scheme with a proposed investment of 67 thousand 555 crore rupees.
- The scheme was launched by the State government in October 2022 to support the industries in the State.
- As per the new MoUs, new industrial units will be set up in Dahej Industrial Colony, Sanand, Bharuch Jhagadia, Panoli, Bhimasar, Navsari, and Saykha Industrial Colony.
- Gujarat – Gandhinagar (Capital) – Bhupendrabhai Patel (CM) – Acharya Devvrat (Governor) – Gujarati & Hindi (Language)
Banking and Finance
PNB signs MoU with Warehousing Development & Regulatory Authority to promote financing against electronic negotiable warehousing receipt
- Leading public sector lender Punjab National Bank and Warehousing Development & Regulatory Authority (WDRA) have entered into a memorandum of understanding to promote financing against electronic negotiable warehousing receipt (e-NWR).
- The partnership is aimed to provide information to farmers or depositors of agriculture produce about the benefits of e-NWR besides doing further outreach activities to improve agricultural pledge finance in India.
- The main objective of WDRA is to implement Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (NWR) system in the country that would help farmers to store their produce in scientific storage godowns near their farms and to seek loans from banks against their NWR.
- The e-NWR financing is being envisaged to be a game changer in shaping the rural economy by preventing distress sale by farmers and helping them in realising better price for their produce.
Uttar Pradesh CM inaugurates VFS Global Visa Application Center in Lucknow
- The residents of Uttar Pradesh will no longer need to go to Delhi to apply for visas.
- People of state will get a simple process to apply for visas for 10 countries in Lucknow from 9th February 2023.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said this during the inauguration of the VFS Global Visa Application Center in Lucknow.
- Yogi informed that the visa applications from many countries including Australia, Czech Republic, Portugal, Switzerland, Netherlands, Croatia, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Hungary, Germany will be accepted here. This Visa Application Center has the capacity to handle over 1.20 lakh visa applications per annum.
Business and Economy
WPI inflation eases to 3.85 pc in February, as against 4.73 pc in January
- WPI inflation eases to 3.85% in February, as against 4.73% in January.
- The Wholesale Price Index (WPI) reflects changes in the average prices of goods at the wholesale level — that is, commodities sold in bulk and traded between businesses to other businesses or entities rather than goods bought by consumers.
- Thus, WPI is the price that wholesalers (factories) pay.
- A rise in the index means that factories have to pay more for raw materials.
- WPI is released by the Economic Advisor in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
FY23 exports to cross $750 billion: Piyush Goyal
- Commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal said that India’s goods and services exports will cross $750 billion in the financial year 2022-23, and that country is expanding rupee trade with several countries, many of which are at an advanced stage of dialogue and finalisation.
- In FY21, India’s goods and services exports were $500 billion.
- In FY22, India’s goods and services exports were $676 billion.
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry – Piyush Goyal,Cabinet Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Maharashtra) – Anupriya Patel, Minister of State (Mirzapur,UP), Som Parkash, Minister of State (Hoshiarpur,Punjab)
Tablesh Pandey appointed LIC MD
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has elevated Tablesh Pandey, executive director of the company, as its managing director.
- Pandey will replace present managing director B C Patnaik.
- LIC presently has four managing directors.
Athletics-High jump pioneer Fosbury dies at 76
- Olympic high jump champion Dick Fosbury, who revolutionised the event with a jumping technique named after him, aged 76, his agent Ray Schulte.
- Fosbury won gold in the high jump at the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico City, where he jumped back first to clear the bar, a technique that has since been named the ‘Fosbury Flop’ and used by all high jumpers.
MC Mary Kom, Farhan Akhtar roped in as brand ambassadors of IBA Women's World Championships 2023
- The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) unveiled the title sponsor for the IBA Women’s World Championships 2023 and legendary boxer MC Mary Kom and Bollywood star Farhan Akhtar were also announced as the brand ambassadors of the event, scheduled from March 15 to 26 at the Indira Gandhi Sports Complex in New Delhi.
- India is hosting the event for the third time in the history and the country is set to be gripped by boxing fever as several top-notch pugilists are headlining the Championships.
- Previously 2006 (Talkatora Indoor Stadium) & 2018 (KD Jadav Indoor Stadium).
PI Day 2023
- Pi Day, a global celebration of the mathematical constant pi, is recognized every year on March 14th.
- This day marks the significance of pi, which is approximately 3.14 and represents the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter.
- 1st Observed in 1988.
- The theme for Pi Day 2023 is “Mathematics for Everyone”.
Daily Current Affairs - March 15, 2023 - Consolidated
- DPIIT Launches the First Edition of the National Incubator Capacity Building Program to Accelerate the Growth of the Indian Startup Ecosystem
- Asia’s first woman loco pilot Surekha Yadav operates Vande Bharat Express
- India remains world’s top arms importer: SIPRI report
- Food Processing Industries Ministry allocates over Rs 4,439 crore under PM Kisan Sampada Yojana during 2017-18 to 2022-23
- Total of 4,748 Farmer Producer Organisations are registered across the country
- Overall fish production in India has increased more than 21 times after independence
- First international conference on Shared Buddhist Heritage to begin in New Delhi
- Rs 3 lakh 61 thousand crore loan given to MSMEs under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme
- 38.58 crore loans extended since inception of Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY)
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath, Union Min Gadkari inaugurate 18 road projects worth 10,000 crores for eastern UP
- Gujarat govt signs 16 MoUs of worth Rs. 12,703 crores under ‘The Atmanirbhar Gujarat Schemes for Assistance to Industries’
- PNB signs MoU with Warehousing Development & Regulatory Authority to promote financing against electronic negotiable warehousing receipt
- WPI inflation eases to 3.85 pc in February, as against 4.73 pc in January
- FY23 exports to cross $750 billion: Piyush Goyal
- Tablesh Pandey appointed LIC MD
- Athletics-High jump pioneer Fosbury dies at 76
- MC Mary Kom, Farhan Akhtar roped in as brand ambassadors of IBA Women’s World Championships 2023
- Boxing Federation of India (BFI) (Indian Amateur Boxing Federation) – 25/02/1949 (Founded) – New Delhi (HQ) – Ajay Singh (President)
- PI Day 2023
Daily Current Affairs - March, 2023
Aspirants can check the Daily Current Affairs which is uploaded in our Veranda Race Website from the links that are provided below.
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.