Daily Current Affairs – March 28, 2023
Daily Current Affairs - Banking - March 28, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Download – LEGEND Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
Solar PV manufacturing capacity of 8.7 GW set to be operational by 2024
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) module manufacturing capacity of 8,747 megawatts (MW) is expected to be commissioned by December 2024 under the first tranche of the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme
- Under Tranche-I, the PLI scheme for high efficiency solar PV modules is being implemented with an outlay of ₹4,500 crores.
- The Letters of Award (LoA) have been issued to three successful bidders in November and December 2021 for setting up of 8,737 MW of fully integrated capacities.
Big boost to rural employment as more than 31,000 jobs on the way under DDU-GKY
- The Rural Development Ministry will sign an MoU with 19 Captive Employers and provide them the target to train and provide gainful employment to 31,067 rural poor youths under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY).
- They will provide employment with a minimum salary of ten thousand rupees per month for a minimum period of six months.
- The basic objective of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana is to provide gainful placement in a sustainable manner to rural youth.
- The MoU will be signed at a function in New Delhi in the presence of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Giriraj Singh.
- Ministry of Rural Development – Giriraj Singh,Union Minister (Begusarai,Bihar) – Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti,Minister of State (Fatehpur,UP), Faggan Singh Kulaste,Minister of State (Mandla,MP)
Government released over two thousand 646 crore rupees to SWAMIH fund till 17th of this month
- The government has released over two thousand 646 crore rupees to Special Window for Affordable and Mid-Income Housing (SWAMIH) fund till 17/03/2023.
- Minister of State for Finance Pankaj Chaudhary said the fund has delivered over 22,500 homes so far.
- He said SWAMIH provides funding to stressed and stalled mid-income and affordable housing projects across the country.
- Ministry of Finance – Nirmala Sitharaman,Cabinet Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka) – Bhagwat Karad, Minister of State (Rajya Sabha MP,Maharashtra) & Pankaj Choudhary, Minister of State (Maharajganj,UP)
49 Crore 28 Lakhs enrolments made under PM-SYM scheme
- Union Minister of Labour and Employment Bhupender Yadav said till date total 49 Crore 28 Lakhs enrolments have been made under the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM) scheme.
- Under the PS-SYM scheme the enrolment count during 2021-22 was 1 Crore 28 lakh, and in 2022-23 it was 2 Crore 71 lakhs.
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan is a voluntary and contributory Pension Scheme for Unorganized Workers for entry age of 18 to 40 years with monthly income of Rs. 15000 or less.
- Ministry of Labour & Employment Bhupender Yadav,Cabinet Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Rajasthan) – Rameshwar Teli,Minister of State (Dibrugarh,Assam)
Rs 340.92 crores spent on preservation, maintenance of centrally protected sites during 2022-23 till Mar 1
- A sum of Rs 340.92 crore was spent on the conservation, preservation, and maintenance of centrally protected sites during 2022-23 till March 1.
- Union Culture Minister G Kishan Reddy, in his response, shared details of the amount allotted and spent on the conservation, preservation and maintenance of 3,696 centrally protected monuments and sites during the last three years and the current year.
- According to the data shared, Rs 435.39 crore was spent in 2019-20, Rs 260.83 crore in 2020-21, Rs 269.57 crore in 2021-22, Rs 340.92 crore in 2022-23 till March 1, 2023.
- In 2019-20, 4.83 crore tourists visited such sites generating revenue of Rs 336.2 crore, while the corresponding figures were 1.32 crore and Rs 48.30 crore in 2020-21.
- Ministry of Culture – Gangapuram Kishan Reddy,Union Minister (Secunderabad,Telangana) – Meenakshi Lekhi,Minister of State (New Delhi Lok Sabha constituency)
Karnataka CM lays foundation for 2.93-km ropeway to Nandi Hills
- Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai laid the foundation for construction of a 2.93-km ropeway to Nandi Hills, on outskirts of Bengaluru, to be taken up at a cost of ₹93.40 crore.
- The Karnataka Tourism Department had entered into an agreement with Dyanamicx Ropeway Limited for constructing a ropeway to Nandi Hills under public private partnership model.
- Karnataka – Bengaluru (Capital) – Basavaraj Bommai (CM) –Thawarchand Gehlot (Governor) – Kannada (Language)
Centre has sanctioned schemes costing ₹897.55 crore for fisheries and fishers welfare in T.N. over past five years, says Union Minister
- Over the past five years, the Central government has approved project proposals to the tune of ₹897.55 crore for development of fisheries in Tamil Nadu, Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Parshottam Rupala.
- The Centre’s share of ₹252.74 crore for various schemes, including for fishermen welfare activities, was also released in the five years till 2021-22.
- Moreover, fisheries infrastructure project proposals worth ₹1,091.28 crores for providing concessional finance have also been approved for TN under the Fisheries and Aquaculture Infrastructure Development Fund.
- Nearly 19.16 lakh fishermen have been issued with biometric ID cards and 12.40 lakh fishermen have been provided with QR coded-PVC Aadhaar cards for financial and technical aid.
- Tamil Nadu – Chennai (Capital) – MK Stalin (CM) – RN Ravi (Governor) – Tamil (Language)
Second Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group meeting under India's G20 presidency begins in Gandhinagar
- The second Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group meeting under India’s G20 presidency began with the presentation by G20 member countries on best practices about Water Resources Management.
- The three-day meeting is being held at Mahatma Mandir Convention and Exhibition Centre at Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- Around 130 delegates from G20 member countries along with 11 invitee countries and 14 international organizations are participating in the three-day event.
- Gujarat – Gandhinagar (Capital) – Bhupendrabhai Patel (CM) – Acharya Devvrat (Governor) – Gujarati & Hindi (Language)
Ladakh: Lieutenant Governor Brig. BD Mishra inaugurates 3rd edition of Ladakh Literary Conference at Syed Mehdi Memorial Hall Kargil
- In Ladakh, Lieutenant Governor Brig. (DR) BD Mishra (Rtd) inaugurated the 3rd edition of the Ladakh Literary Conference at Syed Mehdi Memorial Hall Kargil.
- During the inaugural session, two papers were presented, one by Purgi Scholar Issa Sabiri on the Development of Purgi Language and Script and another by Gen Tubstan Paldan (State Awardee) on Ladakh Language and Literature-An Insight.
- Ladakh – Leh (Summer) & Kargil (Winter) (Capital) – B. D. Mishra (Lieutenant Governor) – Hindi & English (Language)
Assam CM Sarma inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-crore projects
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma inaugurated and laid the foundation for 23 projects worth Rs 545 crore-worth projects related to connectivity, healthcare and higher education at Rangia in Kamrup district.
- The day’s programme was started by inaugurating a four-lane link road that will connect Rangia to National Highway 31.
- He said the government is committed to invest over Rs 10,000 crore in the 2023-24 fiscal to create world-class infrastructure in Assam.
- Assam– Dispur (Capital) – Himanta Biswa Sarma (CM) – Gulab Chand Kataria (Governor) – Assamese & Boro (Language)
Banking and Finance
IDFC First Bank partners Crunchfish to demonstrate offline retail payments
- IDFC First Bank has partnered with Swedish company Crunchfish to pilot a project to demonstrate offline retail payments.
- IDFC First Bank, is set to be a part of RBI’s pilot project to enable offline payments, the private sector lender said, adding that the project will give access to digital payments even when there is no network.
- The unique digital payment solution was for merchants and customers under the RBI’s Regulatory Sandbox Program.
- The application was approved by the RBI to demonstrate offline payments between two banks.
- The Development and Demonstration Agreement which is a non-commercial agreement has now been signed to give IDFC First Bank access to the Digital Cash SDK.
- Commercial terms for deployment will be regulated in a Software License Agreement.
- IDFC First Bank – October 2015 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – V. Vaidyanathan (MD & CEO) – “Always You First” (Tagline)
Business and Economy
S&P Global keeps India’s economic growth forecast unchanged at 6% in FY24
- According to S&P Global Ratings, India’s economic growth is projected to be at 6% in FY24 starting April, rising to 6.9% in FY25.
- S&P Global Ratings – 1860 (Founded) – New York (HQ) – John Berisford (Key People)
Innocent, veteran actor and former MP, passes away
- Innocent, who died in Kochi aged 75, was one of Indian cinema’s greatest comedic talents from Kerala.
- He acted in about 500 Malayalam films.
- He was a producer, author and former MP of Chalakudy.
2023 Women's Premier League
- Number of Teams Participated: 5
- Matches: 22
- Winner: Mumbai Indians (1st title)
- Runner: Delhi Capitals
- Finals Venue: Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai
- 2nd Runner: UP Warriorz
- Player of the Series: Hayley Matthews (Mumbai Indians)
- Most runs: Meg Lanning (Delhi Capitals) (345) – Orange Cap
- Most wickets: Hayley Matthews (Mumbai Indians) (16) – Purple Cap
- Mumbai Indians Captain: Harmanpreet Kaur
- Delhi Capital Captain: Meghann Moira Lanning (Australia)
RummyCulture breaks Guinness World Records for online rummy tournament
- Online gaming platform RummyCulture, owned by Gameskraft, has created a new Guinness World Record title feat for the biggest online rummy tournament.
- The firm has won the record for its ‘Sunday Mega Blockbuster’ tournament with over 215,000 participants hosted at one time.
- With this, RummyCulture has broken its own world record of hosting 1.09 lakh players in July 2020.
World Meteorological Day
- World Meteorological Day was established to commemorate the World Meteorological Organization creation on 23 March 1950.
- The World Meteorological Organisation (WMO), an organization of the United Nations, was created to replace the International Meteorological Organization.
- The first World Meteorological Day was held on 23 March 1961.
- Theme – “The Future of Weather, Climate, and Water Across Generations”
- World Meteorological Organisation(WMO) – 23/03/1950 (Founded) – Geneva, Switzerland (HQ) – Gerhard Adrian (President)
World Theatre Day
- World Theatre Day is an annually celebrated on 27 March.
- It was initiated in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute ITI.
- Theme – “Theatre and a Culture of Peace”
- International Theatre Institute ITI – 1948 (Founded) – Paris, France (HQ) – Tobias Biancone (Director General) – English & French (Language)
Daily Current Affairs - March 28, 2023 - Consolidated
- Solar PV manufacturing capacity of 8.7 GW set to be operational by 2024
- Big boost to rural employment as more than 31,000 jobs on the way under DDU-GKY
- Government released over two thousand 646 crore rupees to SWAMIH fund till 17th of this month
- 49 Crore 28 Lakhs enrolments made under PM-SYM scheme
- Rs 340.92 crores spent on preservation, maintenance of centrally protected sites during 2022-23 till Mar 1
- Karnataka CM lays foundation for 2.93-km ropeway to Nandi Hills
- Centre has sanctioned schemes costing ₹897.55 crore for fisheries and fishers welfare in T.N. over past five years, says Union Minister
- Second Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group meeting under India’s G20 presidency begins in Gandhinagar
- Ladakh: Lieutenant Governor Brig. BD Mishra inaugurates 3rd edition of Ladakh Literary Conference at Syed Mehdi Memorial Hall Kargil
- Assam CM Sarma inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-crore projects
- IDFC First Bank partners Crunchfish to demonstrate offline retail payments
- S&P Global keeps India’s economic growth forecast unchanged at 6% in FY24
- Innocent, veteran actor and former MP, passes away
- 2023 Women’s Premier League
- RummyCulture breaks Guinness World Records for online rummy tournament
- World Meteorological Day
- World Theatre Day
Daily Current Affairs - February, 2023
Aspirants can check the Daily Current Affairs which is uploaded in our Veranda Race Website from the links that are provided below.
|Day||Current Affairs Link|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 1, 2023||Will be Updated|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 2, 2023||Will be Updated|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 3, 2023||Will be Updated|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 4 & 5, 2023||Click Here|
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.