Daily Current Affairs – September 13, 2023
Daily Current Affairs - Banking - September 13, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Download – LEGEND Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
World's Highest Fighter Airfield
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) will construct the world’s highest fighter airfield in the Nyoma region of Ladakh.
- The foundation stone (e-Shilanyas) of the project was laid by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh at Devak Bridge.
- The construction of this airfield is estimated at a cost Rs 218 crore.
- The region is 13,000 feet above sea level.
- Border Roads Organisation (BRO) – 07/05/1960 (Founded) – New Delhi (HQ) – Lt. Gen. Rajeev Chaudhary (Director General)
Special Campaign 2.0 for Disposal of Pending Matters (SCDPM) and Swachhata Drive
- The Special Campaign 2.0 for Disposal of Pending Matters (SCDPM) and Swachhata Drive is going on in full swing in the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
- The objectives of the campaign are to minimize pendency, institutionalize swachhata, strengthen internal monitoring mechanism, train officers in records management, digitize physical records for improved records management and to bring all Ministries/Departments on one single digital platform: www.pgportal.gov.in/scdpm.
- During aforesaid period, 11000 physical files were reviewed and 864 files were weeded out, 61380 Public Grievances and Appeals were redressed, 35 Cleanliness Campaigns were conducted, 5054 sq. ft. space had been freed and Rs.24,49,293/- had been earned from scrap disposal.
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship – Dharmendra Pradhan,Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,MP) – Rajeev Chandrasekhar,Minister of State (Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka)
Ayushman Bhav Campaign
- The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu virtually launched the Ayushman Bhav Campaign from Raj Bhavan, Gandhinagar.
- The goal of ‘Ayushman Bhav Campaign’ – no person should be left behind and no village should be left behind would make our country successful in achieving the objective of Universal Health Coverage.
- The Ayushman Bhav Campaign is a comprehensive nationwide healthcare initiative of the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare that aims to provide saturation coverage of healthcare services, reaching every village and town in the country.
- This Campaign will be implemented during the ‘Seva Pakhwada’ from September 17 to October 2, 2023.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya,Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Gujarat) – Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar,Minister of State (Dindori,Maharashtra), Satya Pal Singh Baghel ,Minister of State (Agra,UP)
- Indian Army in collaboration with civil agencies organized the Gulmarg Festival at the Ice Skating Rink near Gondola Base in Gulmarg in Jammu and Kashmir in order to boost tourism and promote local talent.
- The event showcased a wide range of local talent and sports activities across the spectrum of programs.
- Jammu & Kashmir – Srinagar (May–October) & Jammu (Nov-April) (Capital) – Manoj Sinha (Lieutenant Governor) – Urdu, Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi, English (Language)
Pham-Kho Sowai festival
- The Bugun (Khowa) tribe celebrated its central Pham-Kho Sowai festival with great enthusiasm and grandeur here in West Kameng district, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Pham-Kho Sowai is a harvesting festival of the community, celebrated on 10 September every year.
- Various traditional cultural programmes were the main highlights of the celebration.
- Arunachal Pradesh – Itanagar (Capital) – Pema Khandu (CM) – Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik (Governor) – English (Language)
Banking and Finance
Bank of Baroda’s festival campaign
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) has launched a festival campaign, whereby it has cut home and car loan interest rates by 20 basis points (bps) and up to 10 bps, respectively.
- Under the campaign, which will run up to 31st December, 2023, the public sector bank has also cut education and personal loan interest rates by 60 bps and 80 bps, respectively.
- The Bank also launched four new savings accounts LITE Savings Account a lifetime no minimum balance account; BRO Savings Account a zero balance savings account for students (16 to 25 years); Parivar Account a family savings account designed to meet the needs of the entire family and the NRI PowerPack Account.
- The Bank also launched a recurring deposit scheme, a BOB SDP (Systematic Deposit Plan) it allows customers to build their savings systematically over time.
- Bank of Baroda (BOB or BoB) – 20/07/1908 (Founded) – Vadodara, Gujarat (HQ) – Debadatta Chand (MD & CEO) – “India’s International Bank” (Tagline)
SEBI penalised Reliance Home Finance
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India had slapped a penalty of ₹15 lakh on Reliance Home Finance for violation of LODR regulations and failure to disclose the adverse findings of a forensic report.
- Chief executive Ravindra Sharad Sudhalkar, company secretary and compliance officer Parul Jain and CFO Pinkesh Shah have been levied a penalty of ₹2 lakh, ₹2.5 lakh and ₹2 lakh, respectively.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – 12/04/1988 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – Madhabi Puri Buch, (Chairman) – Ministry of Finance (Parent)
Business and Economy
Workshop on Business Responsibility and Sustainability Reporting (BRSR)
- Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA), organised a workshop on Business Responsibility and Sustainability Reporting (BRSR) in collaboration with UNICEF and National Stock Exchange at the NSE premises in Mumbai.
- The workshop was attended by above 50 Sustainability, CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) and BHR (Business Human Rights) professionals from key corporate houses.
- The workshop aimed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the BRSR framework, which is based on the nine principles of the National Guidelines for Responsible Business Conduct (NGRBC).
- The BRSR framework is a mandatory disclosure mechanism for top 1000 listed companies or businesses to report their performance on environmental, social and governance (ESG) aspects and demonstrate their commitment to responsible business practices.
- The workshop also covered various topics such as CSR & ESG as tools for establishing responsible brands, effective BRSR disclosures, digital tools, IT portal/software for BRSR and the application of family-friendly policies in business.
- The workshop enabled the participants to enhance their knowledge and skills in BRSR and its implementation.
Agreements and MoUs signed
Indian Navy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Uber
- The Indian Navy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M/s Uber.
- The MoU aims to provide reliable, convenient, safe and economical mobility solutions for personal travel and commute of Naval personnel and families across the country.
- This MoU aligns with CNS’s vision of ‘Happy Personnel’ under ‘SHIPS FIRST’ and is a maiden initiative in the Armed Forces.
- It is also in furtherance of Govt. of India’s ‘Digital India’ vision of embracing technology for transformative change.
- Indian Navy – 26/01/1950 (Founded) – New Delhi (HQ) – Navy Day (December 4) – Admiral R. Hari Kumar (Chief of Naval Staff) – ‘May the Lord of Water be auspicious unto us’ (Motto)
Amazon Web Services signed MoU with ISRO, IN-SPACe
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) had signed a memorandum of understanding with ISRO and IN-SPACe to support space-tech innovations through cloud computing.
- The collaboration with ISRO and Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe) is aimed at giving space startups, research institutes and students access to cloud technologies through AWS Activate for new solutions in the space sector.
- The collaboration follows the approval to Indian Space Policy, 2023 in April by the government which provides a strategic roadmap for the growth and development of India’s space programme using cloud computing, data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- The company is committed to helping startups identify use cases and accelerate solution development, and build a strong talent pool in India with expertise in cloud and space.
- Startups will also benefit from access to AWS and its global experience of building aerospace and satellite solutions through the AWS Space Accelerator programme.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) – 15/08/1969 (Founded) – Bangalore, India (HQ) – Sreedhara Somanath (Chairman)
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS) – 2006 (Founded) – Adam Selipsky (CEO)
Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd signed MoU with the Small Industries Development Bank of India
- Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd (TPREL) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to provide accessible financing options to micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) looking to adopt solar solutions.
- Under the scheme, MSMEs opting for Rooftop Solar PV Plants or associated services from Tata Power or its authorised channel partners across India will receive financial support from SIDBI.
- This collaboration aims to promote solar energy adoption among MSMEs by providing tailored and innovative financing solutions through SIDBI’s 4E (End-to-End Energy Efficiency) Scheme, which offers competitive interest rates and flexible loan limits, catering to the specific needs of the MSME sector.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) – 02/04/1990 (Founded) – Lucknow,UP (HQ) – Sivasubramanian Ramann (Chairman & MD)
Ministry of Labour and Employment signed MoUs with various Private Job Portals/Employers
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with leading private job portals, companies/employers and skill providers to integrate with National Career Service (NCS) portal of the Ministry.
- The objective of MoUs is to enhance employment opportunities and services for jobseekers on NCS portal.
- The private job portals partnering with the Ministry of Labour and Employment will share their vacancies on NCS so that the NCS registered jobseekers can seamlessly apply for such vacancies.
- On behalf of Ministry of Labour and Employment, the MoUs were signed by Shri Amit Nirmal, Deputy Director General (Employment) in the presence of Smt. Arti Ahuja, Secretary Ministry of Labour and Employment and Shri Ramesh Krishnamurthi, Additional Secretary (Labour and Employment).
- The MoUs were signed with TeamLease HRtech (Freshersworld), Monster.com India Pvt Ltd referred as foundit, QUESS CORP Limited, Delivery Track (VSS Tech), KARPAGA Assessment APP MATRIX Services Private Limited (HireMee), QUIKR INDIA Private Limited, TCS iON, and Firstjob.co.in to share their vacancies with NCS portal.
- These vacancies will enhance the employment opportunities to the NCS registered jobseekers.
- More than 30 lakh eShram registered workers of the unorganized sector who have joined NCS so far, would also be benefitted from this partnership.
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment also signed an MoU with TCS iON to provide free of cost online soft skill employability training to the job seekers registered on NCS Portal both in English as well as Hindi language.
- This employability training was found very useful in enhancing the employability skills of the jobseekers.
- Such trainings would help to improve the quality of the work force on their selection.
- An MoU was also signed by Ministry of Labour and Employment with KARPAGA Assessment APP MATRIX Services Private Limited (HireMee) to provide a free of cost facility to the jobseekers for self-assessing their suitability for a job through aptitude test.
- The employers will also be benefited by this feature as they can view the scores of aptitude test and easily do first level of scrutiny which will eventually reduce time in selection of the candidates.
- Ministry of Labour & Employment Bhupender Yadav,Cabinet Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Rajasthan) – Rameshwar Teli,Minister of State (Dibrugarh,Assam)
Science and Technology
- The Samudrayaan Mission is India’s first manned mission to explore the deep ocean.
- It is designed to study the deep ocean resources and conduct biodiversity assessments as well.
- The project will be part of a larger deep ocean diversity exploration and research based mission, which supports the Centre’s Blue Economy policy.
- This aims to sustainably use marine resources for the country’s economic growth and livelihoods along with creating jobs and maintaining the health of the marine ecosystems as well.
- The submersible for the mission has been designed and manufactured by the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai.
- The Matsya 6000 is designed with the capability of operating in the deep sea for 12 hours while in case of emergency it can also operate up to 96 hours with all the necessary measures for human safety.
- The mission is expected to be implemented by 2026.
- The cost of the Deep Sea Mission which also includes the Samudrayaan Project, over a period of five years, has been estimated at Rs 4,077 crore and it will be implemented in phases.
- India is expected to get expert and technical assistance from countries such as the United States, Russia, France, Japan, and China for the mission.
- Sindhu Gangadharan, senior vice president and managing director, SAP Labs India and Head, SAP User Enablement, has been appointed as vice chairperson of the National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom).
- Earlier this year, Gangadharan was appointed as chairperson of the Nasscom GCC Council for the financial year 2023 to 2025.
- She also worked in Advisory Board of YuWaah, supported by UNICEF.
- National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM) – 01/03/1988 (Founded) – Noida, Uttar Pradesh (HQ) – Anant Maheshwari (Chairman)
Dennis Austin passed away
- Dennis Austin, the co-creator of PowerPoint presentation passed away at 76.
- Microsoft PowerPoint is a presentation program, created by Robert Gaskins and Dennis Austin at a software company named Forethought, Inc and was released on April 20, 1987, initially for Macintosh computers only.
- Microsoft bought the company just a few months later for $14 million.
- Mr. Austin was the PowerPoint’s primary developer from 1985 to 1996 when he retired.
SAFF U-16 Championships
- India’s U-16 team won the SAFF U-16 Championship 2023, defeating Bangladesh in final.
- This year observes 8th edition organized by South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) in Changlimithang Stadium, Thimphu, Bhutan.
- This was India’s fifth title (2022,2019,2017,2013).
- SAFF U-16 Championship 2023 was first held in 2011 and Pakistan won the Championship.
- South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) – 1997 (Founded) – Banani, Dhaka, Bangladesh (HQ) – Kazi Salahuddin (President) – Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka (Members)
13000 runs in ODI Cricket
5th National Wheelchair Rugby Championship 2023
- Maharashtra beat Karnataka in the finals at the 5th National Wheelchair Rugby Championship 2023 held at Balewadi, Pune.
- The championship was conducted by The Indian Rugby Football Union (Rugby India), the sole governing body for the sport of rugby in India, in association with the Wheelchair Rugby Federation of India and Mitsubishi Corporation.
- The championship received an overwhelming participation of over 120 athletes from across the country.
- The states participating were Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, and host Maharashtra.
- Rugby India – 1968 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – Rahul Bose (President)
Arrobot launched unmanned guided vehicle for armed forces
- Arrobot, an aerospace and defence start-up, launched an Unmanned Guided Vehicle (UGV) for the Armed Forces that helps them in logistics, surveillance and reconnaissance in difficult terrain and environments.
- The UGV made by the Hyderabad-based company can carry up to 200 kgs on top, and tug up to 600 kgs with a 30-degree view, and do multiple other functions with additional attachments.
- The startup has received more than ten unique orders from MNCs and Govt of India undertakings and also plans to hire over 100 over the next year.
- The Group has developed solutions for autonomous material movement up to 5 tonnes and Aircraft Push Back for towing and tugging aircraft.
- Arrobot is a startup was established in April 2023 by the Hyderabad-based Raghu Vamsi Group in association with Par East, a provider of autonomous solutions for manufacturing and supply chains.
Daily Current Affairs - September 13, 2023 - Consolidated
- World’s Highest Fighter Airfield
- Special Campaign 2.0 for Disposal of Pending Matters (SCDPM) and Swachhata Drive
- Ayushman Bhav Campaign
- Gulmarg Festival
- Pham-Kho Sowai festival
- Bank of Baroda’s festival campaign
- SEBI penalised Reliance Home Finance
- Workshop on Business Responsibility and Sustainability Reporting (BRSR)
- Indian Navy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Uber
- Amazon Web Services signed MoU with ISRO, IN-SPACe
- Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd signed MoU with the Small Industries Development Bank of India
- Ministry of Labour and Employment signed MoUs with various Private Job Portals/Employers
- Samudrayaan Mission
- Nasscom vice-chairperson
- Dennis Austin passed away
- SAFF U-16 Championships
- 13000 runs in ODI Cricket
- 5th National Wheelchair Rugby Championship 2023
- Arrobot launched unmanned guided vehicle for armed forces
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.