Daily Current Affairs – September 23,24 & 25 2023
Daily Current Affairs - Banking - September 23,24 & 25, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Download – LEGEND Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
PM Modi flagged off nine Vande Bharat Express trains
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off nine Vande Bharat trains to help improve connectivity across 11 states through video conferencing.
- Udaipur-Jaipur Vande Bharat Express
- Tirunelveli-Madurai-Chennai Vande Bharat Express
- Hyderabad-Bengaluru Vande Bharat Express
- Vijayawada-Chennai (via Renigunta) Vande Bharat Express
- Patna-Howrah Vande Bharat Express
- Kasaragod-Thiruvananthapuram Vande Bharat Express
- Rourkela- Bhubaneswar-Puri Vande Bharat Express
- Ranchi-Howrah Vande Bharat Express
- Jamnagar-Ahmedabad Vande Bharat Express
- After this currently there are 34 Vande Bharat Express running in the country
India’s first lighthouse festival
- The Centre organised India’s first lighthouse festival in Goa as part of an effort to promote the country’s lighthouses as tourist attractions.
- The Union minister of ports, shipping and waterways Sarbananda Sonowal along with Goa chief minister Pramod Sawant will inaugurate the festival from Goa’s Fort Aguada Lighthouse in Panjim, and participate in a two-hour long session– ‘Vanguards of Our Shores: Lighthouses as Testaments of India’s Past and Present’.
- The session will be hosted by known historian and archaeologist Professor Vasant Shinde, who will speak about the historical significance of lighthouses in India’s maritime history and the development of its ports and port towns.
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways – Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP, Assam) – Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (North Goa) & Shantanu Thakur, Minister of State (Bangaon,West Bengal)
Samajik Adhikarita Shivirs
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment organized ‘Samajik Adhikarita Shivirs’ across 74 locations nationwide.
- These camps aim to distribute various types of assistive devices to over 47,000 pre-identified persons with disabilities and senior citizens under the Government of India’s ADIP (Assistance to Divyang Persons for Purchase/Fitting of Aids and Appliances) and Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana schemes.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment – Virendra Kumar Khatik,Cabinet Minister (Tikamgarh,MP) – Ramdas Athawale, Minister of State (Rajya Sabha MP,Maharashtra),Pratima Bhowmik, Minister of State (Tripura West,Tripura), A. Narayanaswamy, Minister of State (Chitradurga, Karnataka)
A two-day event Arogya Manthan
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and National Health Authority organized a two-day event Arogya Manthan in New Delhi.
- The two-day event aims to celebrate the completion of five years of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana and two years of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- The schemes aim to provide accessible, available, affordable, and scalable healthcare to achieve the vision of universal health coverage in India.
- Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana has ensured good health for crores of poor and downtrodden families and also protected their families from catastrophic health care expenditure with five crores fifty lakhs free hospitalizations worth 69,000 crore rupees.
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission is an ambitious scheme of government aimed at creating a digital highway connecting different stakeholders of healthcare ecosystems.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya,Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Gujarat) – Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar,Minister of State (Dindori,Maharashtra), Satya Pal Singh Baghel ,Minister of State (Agra,UP)
India and UN launched joint capacity building initiative for Global South
- India and the United Nations launched a joint capacity-building initiative for the Global South.
- The “India-UN Capacity Building Initiative” aims to share India’s development experiences, best practices and expertise with partner countries in the Global South through capacity building and training programs.
- The initiative was announced at the India-UN for the Global South in New York.
- The India-UN initiative also complements the India-UN partnership in the form of “India-UN Development Partnership Fund” which has developed a portfolio of 75 development projects in 61 countries in the last 6 years.
- As part of this initiative, the UN India team and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will partner to leverage India’s Technical and Economic Cooperation platform.
- A Joint Declaration of Intent was exchanged between the UN Resident Coordinator in India and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- This Initiative will also operationalise the development-relevant deliverables of India’s G20 Presidency.
- These include the G20 Action Plan for Accelerating Progress on the SDGs, technological transformation and building Digital Public Infrastructure.
- United Nations (UN) – 24/10/1945 (Founded) – New York (HQ) – António Guterres (Secretary General) – 193 member states & 2 observer states
Best Tourism Village of India 2023
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that Biswanath Ghat of Sonitpur district has been selected as the Best Tourism Village of India 2023 by the Ministry of Tourism.
- The village was selected from amongst 791 applications from 31 States and UTs.
- Assam– Dispur (Capital) – Himanta Biswa Sarma (CM) – Gulab Chand Kataria (Governor) – Assamese & Boro (Language)
Tezu Airport in Arunachal Pradesh
- Shri Jyotiraditya M Scindia, Minister for Civil Aviation and Steel inaugurated the newly developed infrastructure of Tezu Airport in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Tezu Airport is a domestic airport located in the town of Tezu which operates through a single runway.
- The airport is developed on 212 acres of land, and capable of handling operations for ATR 72 type of aircraft.
- AAI undertook the development and upgradation work to operationalize Tezu Airport at the request of the State Government.
- The works undertaken for Rs. 170 Crores includes the extension of the runway (1500m x 30m) and, the construction of a new apron for 02 nos. ATR 72 type aircraft, construction of a new terminal building, and a fire station cum ATC Tower.
- Tezu is a small town located on the banks of the Lohit River and is the headquarters of Lohit District of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Arunachal Pradesh – Itanagar (Capital) – Pema Khandu (CM) – Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik (Governor) – English (Language)
Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen
- The country has achieved yet another major milestone under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase II with three-fourth of the total villages in the country i.e., 75% villages achieving ODF Plus status under Phase II of the Mission.
- An ODF Plus village is one which has sustained its Open Defecation Free (ODF) status along with implementing either solid or liquid waste management systems.
- As on date, more than 4.43 lakh villages have declared themselves ODF Plus, which is a significant step towards achieving the SBM-G phase II goals by 2024-25.
- The top performing States/UTs which have achieved 100% ODF Plus villages are – Andaman & Nicobar Islands, D&N Haveli, Goa, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Ladakh, Puducherry, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Tripura.
- Among States/ UTs – Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadra Nagar Haveli & Daman Diu, Jammu & Kashmir and Sikkim have 100% ODF Plus Model villages.
- These States & UTs have shown remarkable progress in achieving the ODF Plus status, and their efforts have been instrumental in reaching this milestone.
- SBM-G Phase-II has set the ambitious target of making all villages ODF Plus by 2025.
- Out of the 4,43,964 ODF Plus villages so far, 2,92,497 villages are ODF Plus Aspiring villages with arrangements for Solid Waste Management or Liquid Waste Management, 55,549 villages are ODF Plus Rising villages with arrangements for both Solid Waste Management and Liquid Waste Management and 96,018 villages are ODF Plus Model villages.
- Overall, so far, 2,31,080 villages have arrangements for solid waste management, and 3,76,353 villages have arrangements for liquid waste management.
- Prime Minister of India had launched the Swachh Bharat Mission on 2nd October 2014.
Banking and Finance
RBI introduced Basel-III capital framework for All India Financial Institutions
- The RBI has introduced norms on the Basel III capital framework, fund raising, exposure guidelines, and norms on classification and valuation of investment portfolios for All India Financial Institutions (AIFIs), which will come into effect from April 2024.
- India has five AIFIs regulated by the central bank, namely the Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank), the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard), the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID), the National Housing Bank (NHB), and the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
- AIFIs will be required to maintain a minimum total capital of 9% by April 2024, wherein minimum tier-I capital will need to be at 7% and common equity tier-I (CET-1) capital at 5.5%.
- For NHB, the implementation date will be July 2024, given that its accounting year is July–June.
- All financial subsidiaries, except those engaged in insurance and non-financial activities (both regulated and unregulated), will need to be fully consolidated for the purpose of capital adequacy, the RBI said, adding that this will ensure an assessment of capital adequacy at the group level, taking into account the risk profile of assets and liabilities of the subsidiaries.
- The central bank has capped AIFIs’ investments in capital instruments of banking, financial, and insurance entities at 10% of their capital funds.
- AIFIs will not be allowed to acquire a fresh stake in a bank’s or AIFI’s equity shares if the acquisition leads to its holding exceeding 5% of the investee’s equity capital.
- Further, AIFIs’ equity investment in a single entity cannot exceed 49% of the equity of the investee.
- While AIFIs can hold this entire 49% stake as a pledgee, if the acquisition is against AIFI’s claims, the stake will need to be brought below 10% within three years.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) – 01/04/1935 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – Shaktikanta Das (Governor)
Utkarsh Small Finance Bank intoduced Interoperable Cardless Cash Withdrawal (ICCW) Using UPI on ATMs
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank Limited (“USFBL” or the “Bank”), announced the launch of an innovative service, set to revolutionise cash withdrawal experiences.
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank is dedicated to offering process-centric, technology-driven, and customer-oriented services that lead to a reliable, scalable, and sustainable institution, driving socio-economic change.
- The Bank is pleased to announce the launch of Interoperable Cardless Cash Withdrawal (ICCW) service, that utilises UPI (Unified Payments Interface) on its ATM networks.
- This is In line with the Reserve Bank of India’s directive in May 2022, urging all banks to provide Interoperable Cardless Cash Withdrawal (ICCW) options at their ATMs, and Utkarsh Small Finance Bank has taken the lead in fulfilling this mandate.
- The ICCW service empowers bank customers who are active on UPI to conveniently withdraw cash from Utkarsh Small Finance Bank ATMs designated for UPI-ATM – ICCW transactions, all without the need for a physical debit card.
- Key Features of ICCW
- Elimination of skimming, cloning, and other card-related frauds
- Generation of a single-use (signed) dynamic QR code for each transaction, enhancing security
- Freedom from carrying multiple physical cards for cash withdrawals, as ICCW permits withdrawals from multiple accounts linked to UPI
- Accessibility for customers who have completed KYC (Know Your Customer) but have not yet received a physical card
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank – 2016 (HQ) – Varanasi (HQ) – Govind Singh (MD & CEO)
Axis Bank launched NEO for Business transaction banking platform for MSMEs
- Axis Bank has launched a transaction banking platform for the Indian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) called NEO for Business.
- It will cater to the “real, current, and emerging” transaction needs of Indian MSMEs.
- The NEO for Business platform offers features like digital self on-boarding, bulk payments, GST compliance invoicing, payment gateway integration, end-to-end transaction tracking, auto reconciliation, cash flow reports, and recurring collections, among others.
- India currently has over 65 million MSMEs, which contribute over 30 per cent to India’s gross domestic product (GDP).
- ‘NEO by Axis Bank’ was launched as a platform for our corporate banking customers, offering a complete suite of digital banking products and services. Within this platform, our newly launched ‘NEO for Business’ is a one stop solution for the business requirements of MSMEs.
- ‘NEO by Axis Bank’ offers a range of products and services for its corporate customers and clients, including internet banking, mobile app and APIs.
- Axis Bank – 03/12/1993 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – Amitabh Chaudhry (MD & CEO) – “Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi” (Tagline)
Central Bank of India entered into Co-Lending partnership with ECL Finance Ltd
- Central Bank of India has entered into a strategic Co-Lending Partnership with M/s. ECL Finance Limited to offer MSME Loans at competitive rates, subject to compliance with the applicable law(s) including the applicable guidelines issued by Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The participation by both the entities in this Co-Lending arrangement will result in greater expansion of portfolio by Central Bank of India and M/s. ECL Finance Limited.
- Under the arrangement, M/s. ECL Finance Limited will originate and process Loan proposals under MSME Sector as per jointly formulated credit parameters and eligibility criteria and Central Bank of India will take into its books 80% of the MSME Loans under mutually agreed terms. M/s. ECL Finance Limited will service the loan account throughout the life cycle of the loan.
- The Co-Lending arrangement is expected to help both the entities to offer convenient experience and customer delight to their customers as well as help expand their reach across India.
- M/s. ECL Finance Limited is registered NBFC with Reserve Bank of India.
- The NBFC is engaged in providing MSME Business Loans, Supply Chain Financing, and loan against property to businesses.
- The company is headquartered in Mumbai and the network of branches across India enables it to source and service clients across 32 locations in 16 States.
- Central Bank of India – 21/12/1911 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – Matam Venkata Rao (MD & CEO) – “Central To You Since 1911”
Business and Economy
S&P retained India's FY24 growth forecast at 6%
- S&P Global Ratings retained India’s growth forecast for current fiscal at 6% citing slowing world economy, rising risk of subnormal monsoons and delayed effect of rate hike.
- The US-based agency sees the recent spike in vegetable price inflation as being temporary, but revised up the full fiscal retail inflation forecast to 5.5%, from 5% earlier, on higher global oil prices.
Agreements and MoUs signed
Small Industries Development Bank of India signed MoU with the Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) and the Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) have signed two memorandums of understanding (MoUs) to make direct financing options available for micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- Of these MoUs, the first one is a structured arrangement for solarisation of residential units at Ayodhya, while the second one is for bio-energy and renewable project financing.
- The MoUs have been signed to disseminate information about solar and green projects to MSMEs.
- SIDBI has undertaken various programs to support the Government of India’s commitments to prevent climate change, such as installing solar rooftops in 2,500 MSMEs for captive consumption, enabling EV market-aligned with the GoI EV30@30 Mission, support technology interventions for transitioning waste-to-wealth and nurturing nature through technology basket, and promoting innovative technologies.
- SIDBI emphasised the need of MSMEs becoming energy efficient and adopting green solutions.
- To complement this, SIDBI has initiated several steps to digitise and simplify its direct lending operations as one of its key priorities to improve customer experience and turnaround time.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) – 02/04/1990 (Founded) – Lucknow,UP (HQ) – Sivasubramanian Ramann (Chairman & MD)
Summit and Conference
World Coffee Conference 2023
- Bengaluru is hosting the fifth World Coffee Conference which will showcase the Indian coffees to global buyers was inaugurated by the Commerce and Industries Minister Piyush Goyal.
- The World Coffee Conference (WCC 2023) is organised by the International Coffee Organisation in collaboration with the Coffee Board of India, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of Karnataka and the coffee industry at the iconic Bangalore Palace.
- The event is being held for the first time in an Asian coffee-producing country and the event is poised to be a global rendezvous for coffee enthusiasts, industry leaders, experts, and aficionados.
- Over 2400 delegates, 117 speakers, 208 exhibitors and over 10,000 visitors from over 80 countries are expected to participate in the four-day event.
- International Coffee Organization (ICO) – 1963 (HQ) – London (HQ) – José Sette (Executive Director)
International Lawyers’ Conference 2023
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘International Lawyers’ Conference 2023’ at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- The conference aims to serve as a platform for meaningful dialogue and discussion on various legal topics of national and international importance, foster exchange of ideas and experiences, and strengthen international cooperation and understanding of legal issues.
- International Lawyer’s Conference 2023 is being organized by the Bar Council of India on the theme ‘Emerging Challenges in Justice Delivery System’.
- The conference aims to serve as a platform for meaningful dialogue and discussion on various legal topics of national and international importance, foster exchange of ideas and experiences, and strengthen international cooperation and understanding of legal issues.
- The conference, which is being organized for the first time in the country, will discuss topics such as emerging legal trends, challenges in cross-border litigation, legal technology, environmental law etc.
- The programme witnessed the participation of distinguished judges, legal professionals, and leaders of the global legal fraternity.
Science and Technology
Launch of I2U2 Website for Business Proposals
- India, Israel, the UAE, and the United States have come together to unveil an innovative platform, a website designed to empower young entrepreneurs and private enterprises.
- The purpose of this website is to invite and encourage private companies to present their business proposals, seeking support from this unique inter-governmental coalition.
- This exciting announcement was made on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly, with key figures such as Jose Fernandez, the US Undersecretary for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment, Dammu Ravi, Secretary of the Ministry of External Affairs, Ahmed Ali Al Sayegh, UAE Minister of State, and Ronen Levi, Israeli Foreign Ministry director, leading the way.
- The I2U2 partnership, established just a year ago, stands as a testament to these nations’ commitment to fostering collaboration in critical areas such as food security, water resources, energy, transportation, space exploration, healthcare, and cutting-edge technology.
- It not only serves as a symbol of unity but also as a strategic move by the United States to curtail China’s growing influence in the Middle East and Asia.
- For Israel, this forum serves as a vital tool in countering Iran’s influence while simultaneously reinforcing the Abraham Accords.
‘Indus’ app store
- PhonePe is opening its mobile app store to developers.
- The soon-to-be-launched app store—Indus—will offer localised services for Indian users.
- The company has invited Android app developers to register and upload their apps on the platform.
- These apps will be listed on the soon-to-be-launched ‘Made-in-India’ app store, Indus Appstore, offering a localised experience in 12 languages for Indian audiences.
- The company has kept the app listings free for the first year, post which a nominal annual fee will apply.
- The Indus Appstore will provide developers with an alternative distribution channel to tap into the Indian Android market.
- It will also assist them with high-quality user acquisition through multilingual app discovery.
- Moreover, for start-ups and new app launches, it will have a dedicated platform ‘Launch Pad’ to provide these new apps with better visibility as well as search optimisation.
- It will also offer several developer tools and features to address the challenges faced by most Android developers, including a dedicated round-the-clock customer support team based in India, the option to list their app in 12 Indian languages besides English and the ability to boost brand awareness via engaging videos.
- PhonePe – 2015 (Founded) – Bangalore (HQ) – Sameer Nigam (Co-Founder & CEO)
MD & CEO of ICICI Lombard
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance had appointed Sanjeev Mantri as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- He presently serves as Executive Director of the company.
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance had announced that Mantri will take on the position of MD and CEO starting from December 1 or upon IRDAI approval for a five-year term or until his retirement pending IRDAI and shareholder approval.
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited – 2001 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ)
Awards and Recognitions
Norman E Borlaug Award
- Dr Swati Nayak, an Indian scientist at the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), has been named the 2023 recipient of the prestigious Norman E Borlaug Award for Field Research and Application, with the World Food Prize Foundation describing her as an “outstanding young scientist.”
- She is the South Asia Lead for Seed System and Product Management at the IRRI in New Delhi.
- Endowed by the Rockefeller Foundation, the award recognises Nayak for her innovative approach to engaging smallholder farmers in demand-driven rice seed systems, from testing and deployment to equitable access and adoption of climate-resilient and nutritious rice varieties.
- International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) – 1960 (Founded) – Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines (HQ) – Dr. Jean Balié (Director General)
Giorgio Napolitano passed away
- Italy’s previous president, Giorgio Napolitano passed away at 98.
- Napolitano, who served as president from 2006-2015, is the only person to be re-elected to the post.
Asian Games 2023
Ashi Chouksey, Mehuli Ghosh, Ramita Jindal
Women’s 10m air rifle team
Arjun Lal Jat and Arvind Singh
Men’s lightweight double sculls
Babu Lal Yadav and Lekh Ram
Neeraj, Naresh Kalwaniya, Neetesh Kumar, Charanjeet Singh, Jaswinder Singh, Bheem Singh, Punit Kumar, Ashish, DU Pande
Women’s 10m air rifle
Rudrankksh Patil, Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar, Divyansh Singh Panwar
Men’s 10m air rifle team
Jaswinder Singh, Bheem Singh, Punit Kumar, Ashish
Parminder Singh, Satnam Singh, Jakar Khan, Sukhmeet Singh
Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar
Men’s 10m air rifle
Vijayveer Sidhu, Adarsh Singh, Anish Bhanwala
Men’s 25m rapid file pistol team
Indian cricket team
Women’s T20 cricket
Japanese Grand Prix
Max Verstappen (13th win)
International Cricket Stadium in Varanasi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the International Cricket Stadium in Varanasi.
- The project is expected to cost approximately Rs 450 crores and will be able to accommodate 30,000 spectators.
- The thematic architecture of this stadium draws inspiration from Lord Shiva, with designs developed for crescent-shaped roof covers, trident-shaped floodlights, ghat steps-based seating, and Bilvipatra-shaped metallic sheets on the facade.
- The international-level cricket stadium is likely to be completed by the end of next year.
- The stadium will be operated by the Board of Control for Cricket in India and under a long-term lease agreement, the BCCI will assume responsibility for the stadium’s operation and management.
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) – December 1928 (Founded) – Wankhede Stadium,Mumbai (HQ) – Roger Binny (President) – Hemang Amin (CEO)
International Day of Sign Languages
- International Day of Sign Languages is annually celebrated world on September 23.
- The day commemorates with establishment of World Federation of the Deaf established on 1951.
- The day was first observed in 2018.
- Theme – A World Where Deaf People Everywhere Can Sign Anywhere!
- The World Day of the Deaf is celebrated every year on the last Sunday in September.
- This year, it will fall on September 24.
- The World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) observed the first World Deaf Day in 1958.
- World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) – 23/09/1951 (Founded) – Helsinki, Finland (HQ) – Joseph Murray (President)
World Rivers Day
- World Rivers Day annually observed on the fourth Sunday in September.
- This year the day falls on September 24.
- The Day serves as a reminder of the critical role that rivers play in our environment and in sustaining life on Earth along with promoting collaboration among governments, environmental organisations, community groups and individuals to work together in protecting and restoring rivers.
- The first World Rivers Day was observed in 2005, following the launch that year of the Water for Life Decade by the United Nations, spearheaded by Canadian river advocate Mark Angelo.
World Pharmacist Day 2023
- World Pharmacist Day is annually observed on September 25.
- This day highlights the crucial role that pharmacists play in the healthcare sector.
- The day was first observed in 2009 by the FIP Council (International Pharmaceutical Federation) in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Theme – Pharmacy strengthening health systems
- International Pharmaceutical Federation – 25/09/1912 (Founded) – The Hague, Netherlands (HQ) – Paul Sinclair (Australia) Acting President
Bharat Drone Shakti 2023
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated Bharat Drone Shakti 2023 being hosted at the Hindon airbase.
- The show is being jointly organised by the Indian Air Force and Drone Federation of India (DFI).
- He opened the mega drone show and also watched a few aerial demonstrations of the drones.
- Later, he also visited the exhibition area and some of the stalls.
- Ministry of Defence – Rajnath Singh,Union Minister (Lucknow,UP) – Ajay Bhatt,Minister of State (Nainital–Udhamsingh Nagar,Uttarakhand)
19th edition of Exercise Yudh Abhyas
- The 19th edition of “EXERCISE YUDH ABHYAS” will be conducted from in Fort Wainwright, Alaska, USA.
- It is an annual exercise conducted jointly by the Indian Army and the United States Army.
- The previous edition of the Exercise was conducted in Auli, Uttarakhand, India in November 2022.
- Indian Army contingent comprising of 350 personnel will participate in this edition of the Exercise.
- The lead battalion from Indian side is affiliated to MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment.
- 1-24 Infantry Battalion of 1st Brigade Combat Team will participate from the US side.
- Both sides will practice a series of tactical drills to enhance interoperability in conducting UN peacekeeping operations.
- Personnel from both sides will also hold detailed discussions to share their experiences and best practices.
- The theme of the Exercise is ‘Employment of an Integrated Battle Group in Mountain/ Extreme Climatic Conditions’ under Chapter VII of United Nations mandate.
- United States of America – Washington, D.C. (Capital) – US Dollar (Currency) – Joe Biden (President) – English (Language)
Maiden trilateral Maritime Partnership Exercise
- Indian Navy’s indigenously built warship INS Sahyadri, mission deployed in Indo-Pacific, participated in the maiden trilateral Maritime Partnership Exercise with the ships and aircraft from the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and Indonesian Navy.
- The trilateral exercise provided an opportunity for the three maritime nations to strengthen their partnership and improve their collective capability to support a stable, peaceful and secure Indo-Pacific region.
- The exercise also provided the opportunity for the participating navies to benefit from each other’s experience and expertise.
- Complex tactical and manoeuvring exercises, cross-deck visits and cross-deck landings of integral helicopters were conducted for training of crew and enhancement of interoperability.
- INS Sahyadri, the third ship of the indigenously designed and built Project-17 class multirole stealth frigates was built at Mazagon Dock Ltd, Mumbai and is commanded by Capt Rajan Kapoor.
- Australia – Canberra (Capital) – Australian dollar (Currency) – Charles III (Monarch) – Anthony Albanese (Prime Minister) – English (Language)
- Indonesia – Jakarta (Capital) – Indonesian rupiah (Currency) – Joko Widodo (President) – Indonesian (Language)
Daily Current Affairs - September 23,24 & 25, 2023 - Consolidated
- PM Modi flagged off nine Vande Bharat Express trains
- India’s first lighthouse festival
- Samajik Adhikarita Shivirs
- A two-day event Arogya Manthan
- India and UN launched joint capacity building initiative for Global South
- Best Tourism Village of India 2023
- Tezu Airport in Arunachal Pradesh
- Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen
- RBI introduced Basel-III capital framework for All India Financial Institutions
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank intoduced Interoperable Cardless Cash Withdrawal (ICCW) Using UPI on ATMs
- Axis Bank launched NEO for Business transaction banking platform for MSMEs
- Central Bank of India entered into Co-Lending partnership with ECL Finance Ltd
- S&P retained India’s FY24 growth forecast at 6%
- Small Industries Development Bank of India signed MoU with the Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency
- World Coffee Conference 2023
- International Lawyers’ Conference 2023
- Launch of I2U2 Website for Business Proposals
- ‘Indus’ app store
- MD & CEO of ICICI Lombard
- Norman E Borlaug Award
- Giorgio Napolitano passed away
- Asian Games 2023
- Japanese Grand Prix
- International Cricket Stadium in Varanasi
- International Day of Sign Languages
- World Rivers Day
- World Pharmacist Day 2023
- Bharat Drone Shakti 2023
- 19th edition of Exercise Yudh Abhyas
- Maiden trilateral Maritime Partnership Exercise
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.