51) Why is Sher Shah is well known for his administrative skill?
Land revenue system
52) By whom was the practice of Sati was declared illegal?
Lord William Bentinck
53) The world famous ‘Khajuraho’ sculptures are in which State?
54) In the Interim Government formed in the year 1946, who held the portfolio of Defence?
55) From where did Mahatma Gandhi start his historic Dandi March?
56) Who was responsible for the integration of Indian Princely States?
57) Which element of Hinduism was practised in the Indus Valley Civilization?
Cult of Shiva
58) What is the meaning of ‘Buddha’?
The Enlightened one
59) Before ascending the Maurya throne, Ashoka served as– As viceroy of Taxila
60) Who has been called the ‘Napoleon of India’?
61) Which battle was fought in 1192 A.D.?
Second Battle of Tarain
62) During whose reign did the Mongols first invaded India?
63) Which Sikh Guru called himself the ‘Sachcha Badshah’?
64) Who was the first Indian to get selected in ICS?
65) What was the real name of Tantiya Tope?
66) Which historical personality of India is also known as Vishnugupta?
67) The English East India Company founded a permanent factory at Surat in which year?
68) Which Harappan site had a dock?
69) Who was the founder of the Nanda dynasty?
70) Who was a great ruler of Kalinga in ancient times?
71) Which ruler was adorned with the title of ‘Maharajadhiraja’ (King of Kings) ?
72) Under which Sultan, Khalisa land increased considerably?
73) In which year was Vande Mataram first sung at the session of the Indian National Congress?
74) Which State was first annexed by Lord Dalhousie under the Doctrine of Lapse?
75) Which CHOLA RULER converted the Bay of Bengal into a ‘Chela lake’?