Share on facebook Share on whatsapp Share on twitter Share on telegram Share on linkedin Share on email Daily Current Affairs – Banking – December 01, 2023 Dear Banking Aspirants, Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the
LIC ADO Salary Structure, Pay Scale & Job Profile
LIC ADO 2023: Salary, Pay scale & Job Profile
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has released the LIC ADO Notification 2023 for 9394 vacancies to be filled through the LIC ADO 2023 Exam. The selection process consists of Prelims, Mains, and Interviews. LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India) released the LIC ADO (Apprentice Development Officer) Prelims Result on the official website on April 10, 2023, and successful candidates will soon be appearing for the LIC ADO mains exam on April 23, 2023.
It is important to understand the LIC ADO salary, LIC ADO pay scale, and LIC ADO job responsibilities . The job offers a decent salary with benefits, including various allowances. In this article, we will provide an overview of the salary structure, benefits, and allowances given to LIC ADO
The total number of vacancies available for the LIC ADO Exam 2023 is 9394.
LIC ADO Salary Structure 2023
Candidates appointed as Apprentice Development Officers in LIC will receive a monthly starting basic pay of Rs. 21,865/-, in addition to various allowances and additional benefits. The estimated total emoluments, including House Rent Allowance and City Compensatory Allowance (where applicable based on city classification), at the minimum of the pay scale for an Apprentice Development Officer (ADO) in LIC, would be around Rs. 37,345/- in ‘A’ Class City. This information can provide candidates with an understanding of the salary structure, job profile, and potential career growth prospects for this position.
Dearness Allowance (DA)
40% of the basic pay(based on the Inflation rate)
House Rent Allowance (HRA)
7%-9% of the basic pay(Location dependent)
City Compensatory Allowance
0% – 4% of the basic pay (Location dependent)
Rs. 34,503/- to Rs. 37,000/-
LIC ADO Salary Structure : Detail
Apprentice Development Officer
After 2 years
Next 2 years
For the next 17 years
LIC ADO Salary 2023: Allowances
As an Apprentice Development Officer (ADO) in the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), the salary and allowances can vary based on factors such as location, classification of city, and company policies. However, generally, the salary and allowances for LIC ADO may include:
Basic Pay: The basic pay is the fixed salary component of an LIC ADO, which is calculated based on the pay scale and varies according to the city classification.
House Rent Allowance (HRA): HRA is provided to LIC ADO to cover their accommodation expenses. HRA can be 9%, 8%, or 7% of the basic pay based on the city classification, with higher amounts provided for employees working in metropolitan cities.
City Compensatory Allowance (CCA): CCA is an additional allowance provided to LIC ADO, and can be 4%, 3%, or 0% depending on the classification of the city where they are posted. It is meant to compensate for the higher cost of living in certain cities.
Dearness Allowance (DA): DA is a cost of living allowance that is revised periodically and is based on the consumer price index. It is calculated as a percentage of the basic pay and may vary based on inflation rates.
Other Allowances: LIC ADO may also be eligible for various other allowances such as Medical Allowance, Travel Allowance, Special Allowance, Reward, Defined Contributory Pension Scheme, LTC(Leave Travel Concession), Group Insurance Group Personal Accident Insurance and so on depending on the company’s policies
It’s important to note that the salary and allowances may be subject to deductions such as provident fund, income tax, and other statutory deductions as per applicable laws and regulations. The exact salary and allowances for an LIC ADO can be obtained from the company’s official notifications or relevant sources.
LIC ADO Salary : Job Profile
The job profile of a LIC ADO may vary based on the specific requirements of the branch office and the assigned area. LIC ADOs work in a dynamic and target-driven environment, requiring good communication skills, sales acumen, and customer service orientation.
Sales and Marketing: LIC ADO is primarily responsible for generating new business and achieving sales targets. This involves identifying potential customers, promoting LIC’s insurance products, conducting sales presentations, and closing sales deals. ADOs are expected to develop and maintain good relationships with customers and provide them with appropriate insurance solutions based on their needs.
Policy Servicing: ADOs are responsible for servicing existing policies, which includes handling policy-related inquiries, resolving customer grievances, processing policy documents, and assisting policyholders with policy changes, claims, and other policy-related matters.
Agent Recruitment and Training: ADOs are involved in the recruitment and training of insurance agents. This includes identifying potential candidates, conducting interviews, providing training on insurance products and sales techniques, and mentoring newly recruited agents to help them achieve their sales targets.
Business Development: ADOs are expected to identify and explore new business opportunities, such as tie-ups with banks, corporate sales, and promotional activities, to increase the sales and market share of LIC products in their assigned area.
Reports and Documentation: ADOs are responsible for maintaining accurate records, preparing reports, and submitting necessary documents to the branch office or higher authorities as per company policies and procedures.
Compliance and Follow-up: ADOs need to ensure compliance with LIC’s guidelines, policies, and regulations. They are also responsible for following up with customers, agents, and other stakeholders to ensure the timely and proper execution of insurance policies and related services.
Professional Development: ADOs are expected to continuously update their knowledge about LIC products, insurance regulations, and market trends through ongoing training and development programs to enhance their sales and customer service skills.
LIC ADO Salary 2023: Career Growth
The career hierarchy for a Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) Apprentice Development Officer (ADO) typically follows a structured progression path. The career hierarchy for LIC ADO may include the following levels:
- Apprentice Development Officer (ADO): Entry-level position for a candidate who joins LIC as an ADO after the successful completion of the apprenticeship period. As an ADO, the primary responsibility is to generate business and achieve sales targets by promoting LIC’s insurance products, servicing policies, recruiting and training agents, and exploring new business opportunities.
- Development Officer (DO): After gaining sufficient experience and achieving certain performance criteria as an ADO, one can be promoted to the position of Development Officer. As a DO, the responsibilities may include overseeing a team of ADOs, providing guidance and support, monitoring sales activities, and driving business growth in the assigned area.
- Assistant Branch Manager (ABM): Based on performance and experience, a DO can be promoted to the position of Assistant Branch Manager. As an ABM, the responsibilities may include managing day-to-day branch operations, supervising and mentoring the team of DOs and ADOs, achieving sales targets, and maintaining customer relationships.
- Branch Manager (BM): Further career progression may lead to the position of Branch Manager, where the responsibilities may involve overall branch management, strategic planning, budgeting, and performance monitoring. BMs are responsible for driving business growth, meeting branch targets, and ensuring compliance with LIC’s guidelines and policies.
- Divisional Manager (DM): After gaining significant experience and expertise, a Branch Manager can be promoted to the position of Divisional Manager. As a DM, the responsibilities may include overseeing multiple branches within a division, setting sales targets, monitoring performance, providing leadership and guidance to branch managers, and driving business strategies.
- Senior Divisional Manager (SDM): The next level in the career hierarchy could be the position of Senior Divisional Manager. SDMs are responsible for overseeing a larger geographical area and multiple divisions, setting sales goals, providing strategic direction, and ensuring effective implementation of LIC’s policies and guidelines.
- Higher Management Positions: LIC also offers higher management positions such as Zonal Manager, Regional Manager, and Chief Life Insurance Advisor, which involve top-level leadership roles, strategic planning, and decision-making at the organizational level.
It’s important to note that career progression in LIC may be subject to performance, experience, and other criteria as per the company’s policies and guidelines. The actual career hierarchy and progression may vary based on individual performance, organizational requirements, and other factors.
LIC ADO Salary 2023: FAQS
Q. What is the basic pay of LIC ADO ?
Ans: Candidates appointed as Apprentice Development Officers in LIC will receive a monthly starting basic pay of Rs. 21,865/-, in addition to various allowances and additional benefits. The estimated total emoluments, including House Rent Allowance and City Compensatory Allowance (where applicable based on city classification), at the minimum of the pay scale for an Apprentice Development Officer (ADO) in LIC, would be around Rs. 37,345/- in ‘A’ Class City.
Q.When is the LIC ADO Mains Exam 2023 ?
Ans: LIC ADO Mains exam will be conducted on 23rd April 2023.
- Six Level Practice Program to clear any competitive exam
- A 12-acre campus just for practicing Competitive Exams – Practice Village
- 14000+ Positive Google Reviews
- SOLO Practice Lab for distraction-free practice
- Computer Lab with more than 1800 Computer systems (in all branches)
- Library with about 8000 Books (in all branches)
- Classes by Retired Senior officers from RBI, NABARD, other Bank Officers and field experts
- 1800 Online Exams + Free Exams (Public Account)
- Mock Interview Program with 25 Real Panel Members
- 100% Results
- Learn the Best Shortcuts and Mind calculation Tricks
- 19 Book Materials (for Banking and SSC)
- 506 Handout and workout materials
- 100% Topic coverage
- 100% successful Algorithm
- Separate MENTOR for every student
- Research and Development Team
- Unlimited Validity Online Login Credential
- Special Sessions on Banking Industry, handled by field experts
- Daily Offline Exams
- Focus on General English Section
- Night shift / Third Shift Program
- Fundamental Classes for Non-Maths / English background students
- ISO 9001: 2008 Certified Coaching Institute
- Class Room and Practice Hall with ample space
- Flexibility in Batch Timing
- Current Affairs Audio Sessions
- Promotional Exam (JAIIB) Course for Bank Officers (Free for RACE students)
- Daily Free News Papers
- RACE Care – A guiding team for all students
- Pay once and Practice till you get placed
- Lowest Fee in India
Boost your preparation for the RRB Exam 2023 with our free mock tests and analyze your performance effectively.
Ace your RRB Exam with ease by downloading and practicing previous year question papers.
Share on facebook Share on whatsapp Share on twitter Share on telegram Share on linkedin Share on email Daily Current Affairs – Banking – November 29 & 30, 2023 Dear Banking Aspirants, Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one
Discover inspiring success stories of individuals who cracked the RRB Exam in 2023 and gain valuable insights for your own preparation.
Get ready for the RRB Exam with our top-rated mobile learning app for 2023.
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.