Physical Standards Test / Physical Efficiency Test for the post of Constables (GD) in SSC CPOs
Physical Standards Test (PST)
(Female Candidates are eligible for posts earmarked for them only)
(i) All candidates applying for the recruitment and prima-facie eligible will be called to appear in Physical Standards Test and Physical Efficiency Test at places finalized by the Commission in consultation with the CPOs. Detailed scrutiny of their eligibility will not be undertaken by the Commission before PET/ PST. Therefore, it will be the responsibility of the candidate to verify their eligibility as prescribed in this notice before appearing for PST/ PET.
(ii) Physical standards laid down for the post of Constable are –
|a) Height:||For Males : 170 cms|
|For Females: 157 cms|
|b) Chest:||For males only – Unexpanded: 80 Cms|
|Expanded: Min Expansion: 5 Cms|
|c) Weight:||For males and Females : Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards|
(iii) Relaxation – Relaxation will be permissible in height and chest to the candidates as follows:
a) Height – Minimum height of candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonese, Gorkhas, Dogras and Marathas and candidates belonging to the states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir and Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K will be 165 cms for male and 155 cms for females. The minimum height for all the candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes will be 162.5 cms for males and 150 cms for females.
b) Chest – Minimum chest of male candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonese, Gorkhas, Dogras and Marathas and candidates belonging to the states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir and Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K will be 78 cms (minimum 5 cms expansion). The minimum chest for all male candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes will be 76 cms (minimum 5 cms expansion).
(iv) At the very beginning of the PST / PET candidates will be asked to go under the bar set to above standard heights and those not fulfilling the height requirements will be eliminated.
(v) Those qualifying the height test will be subjected to race of 5 Kms for male and 1.6 KMs for female to be completed within 24 minutes and 8.30 minutes respectively.
(vi) Those qualifying in the 5 / 1.6 Kms race will be subjected to biometric methods to eliminate the possibility of impersonation by the candidates.
(vii) Testimonials and certificates will be checked at the option of the Commission and only eligible candidates will go to the next round. Candidates found eligible after the screening of certificates will be screened first for height and weight measurements.
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for female candidates
- Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of the certificate at the time of PST/PET in the proforma as prescribed in Annexure VIII from the competent authorities of the District where he/she ordinarily resides.
- Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e., height and chest, may prefer an appeal in writing on the same day, if they so desire, to the appellate authority present on the PET ground. The decision of the appellate authority will be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained.
- Designated CPO will conduct PST/PET in each PST/PET center.
- Pregnancy at the time of Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will be the disqualification and pregnant female candidates can be rejected at the time only. However, if any such women candidates who as a result of tests at the time of medical examination is found to be pregnant of twelve weeks standings or shall be declared temporarily unfit and her Appointment held in abeyance until the confinement is over
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates who have been screened as at I (Physical Standards Test) above will be required to undergo PET which will consist of the following –
Male Candidates :
(a) Long Jump : 11 feet (Three chances to be given)
(b) High Jump : 3 1/2 feet (Three chances to be given)
(a) Long Jump : 9 feet (Three chances to be given)
(b) High Jump : 3 feet (Three chances to be given)
PET will not be held for Ex-servicemen. However, they will be required to qualify in the Medical Examination.
Note: Physical Standards and Physical Efficiency Tests are mandatory but are only qualifying in nature and will not carry any marks.
Parameters to conduct PET of candidates in Ladakh Region are as under:
Male Candidates :
i) 1 Mile race to be completed in 6:30 minutes.
ii) 11 Feet long jump (3 chances to be given).
iii) 3 ½ Feet high jump (3 chances to be given).
Female Candidates :
i) 800 Meter race to be completed in 4 minutes
ii) 09 Feet long jump (3 chances to be given)
iii) 03 Feet high jump (3 chances to be given)
June 13, 2019
June 13, 2019