Physics Motion - PDF Material for SSC & RRB Exams
1. Newton’s first law referred to as the law of inertia.
2. According to Newton, an object will only accelerate if there is a net or unbalanced force acting upon it.
3. Newton’s second law states that the acceleration of an object is dependent upon two variables – the net force acting upon the object and the mass of the object. A force that will work against motion in every situation is friction
4. A rocket is traveling from Earth to Mars at 10,000 m/sec. If no outside force is applied to it, its speed over the course of the trip stay constant
5. When a car suddenly stops, the objects in the back seat are thrown forward. This is due to inertia
6. If the object is NOT moving, the acceleration coming from to cause the force to increase as the mass increases is gravitational force
7. Newton’s Laws which describes the relationship between the mass and force is Law of force and acceleration
8. The tendency of an object to resist a change in motion is called inertia
9. If an object has mass, it also has inertia
10. An object with more mass has more inertia
11. My whole body doesn’t sink into the sand because the sand is pushing back up against my foot. Newton’s Third Law explains this situation.
12. Recoil of gun and motion of rocket are example of Newton’s third law
13. When two particles collide, each other experience the same force, the same impulse, and same momentum change.
14. The impulse of a force can be zero, even if the force is not zero.
15. Newton’s law of universal gravitation states that a particle attracts every other particle in the universe.
16. With a force which is directly proportional to the product of their masses
17. And this force is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between their centres.
18. F = in the given equation ‘G’ is called Universal gravitational constant
19. value of Universal gravitational constant in our world is G=67×/
20. The direction of the force of gravity is in a straight line between two objects. It is always attractive
21. Gravitational force that sun exerts on moon is twice more than that of earth exert on it.
22. Mass is both a property of a physical body and a measure of its resistance to acceleration when a net force is applied
23. SI unit of mass is Kilogram(kg).
24. Mass of the body does not change.
25. weight of an object is related to the amount of force acting on the object, either due to gravity or to a reaction force that holds it in place
26. Mass is not the same as weight .
27. SI unit of Weight is Newton (N)
28. The acceleration which is gained by an object because of gravitational force is called its acceleration due to gravity.
29. SI unit of acceleration due to gravity is m/
30. Momentum is the product of the mass and velocity of an object.
31. SI units, it is measured in kilogram meters per second (kg⋅m/s)
32. According to law of conservation of momentum, momentum before collision is always equal to momentum after collision.
33. The force applied on a surface in a direction perpendicular or normal to the surface is called thrust.
34. Force, and thus thrust, is measured in the International System of Units (SI) as the newton (symbol: N).
35. Pressure (symbol: p or P) is the force applied perpendicular to the surface of an object per unit area over which that force is distributed.
36. Unit of pressure is Pascal
37. Momentum is related to Newton’s 1st
38. A person in car slides to the right when going through a very sharp left turn on the highway due to inertia.
39. The force of gravity exists between any two objects that have mass.
40. If the horse reared up on 2 legs it will exert twice the pressure it did before
41. The deeper you go under the sea, the greater the pressure of the water pushing down on you.
42. If we pull our diaphragm down, air goes into our lungs because the volume increases and so pressure
43. If we double the mass of one object, but don’t change anything else, the gravitational force between two objects doubles.
44. As distance between two objects increase the pull of gravity decreases.
45. The measure of the pull of gravity on an object is called weight.
46. If lift is going up with acceleration, the apparent weight of a body is more than the true weight.
47. An object kept in a lift which falls freely, weighs zero.
48. Pressure change occurring anywhere in a confined incompressible fluid is transmitted throughout the fluid such that the same change occurs
49. Hydraulic lift works under the principle of Pascal’s Law.
50. ******* is the planet with largest value of gravitational force.
51. A body will have maximum weight in ******* ( in the case of planets).
52. Weight of a body at poles will be higher than that at equator.
53. This is because equator will have maximum effect of centripetal force.
54. Centripetal force at poles are zero.
55. Wall of a dam is made broader at bottom to withstand the pressure that increase with depth.
56. Mano meter is used to measure liquid pressure.
57. A liquid exerts pressure in all directions.
58. If the area over which force acts is decreased, then the pressure is increased.
59. The acceleration due to gravity on the surface of the Moon is about 625 m/s2, about 16.6% that on Earth’s surface.
Download Material PDF
Want to get a Job in Bank or Govt Organization?
Join Chennai RACE Institute Today
March 16, 2019
March 15, 2019
March 13, 2019