The lower and upper age limit indicated for a particular post(s) in the vacancy table will be reckoned as on 01.01.2016. The upper age limit is relax-able as under, subject to submission of requisite certificates:
- By 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
- By 3 years for OBC candidates.
- No age relaxation is allowed to SC/ST/OBC candidates applying against UR category.
- For Ex-Servicemen, up to the extent of service rendered in Defence, plus 3 years, provided they have put in more than 6 months service after attestation.
- By 5 years for candidates who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
- By 10 years for UR Persons with Disabilities (PWD), 13 years for OBC Persons with Disabilities and 15 years for SC&ST Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
- Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from husband but not remarried shall be 35 years for Unreserved, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC/ST candidates.
- For serving Group “C” and erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes, the upper age limit will be up to 40 years for Unreserved candidates, 45 years for SC/ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates, provided they have put in a minimum of 3 years service (continuous or in broken spells). For those working in Quasi Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies and institutes, the relaxation in upper age limit will be up to the length of service rendered, subject to a maximum of 5 years.
The date of birth of candidates should be between the dates given below (Both dates inclusive):