RBI Assistant Selection Process & Exam Pattern Details
Scheme of Selection: RBI Assistant Recruitment
Candidates who applied for the vacancies will be shortlisted by the selection procedure consisting Prelims, Mains Examination followed by Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
Candidates who clearing the Preliminary Examination required to appear for the Mains Examination in order to get selected for the Language proficiency Test (LPT).
Online Exam Pattern: RBI Assistant
Let us have a look at the Exam Pattern for Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam of RBI Assistant Recruitment.
Preliminary Exam Pattern: RBI Assistant Exam
|English Language||30||30||20 Mins|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Mins|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Mins|
- RBI Assistant Prelims examination has negative marking for wrong answers, for every incorrect answer about 0.25 marks to be deducted from the final score.
- RBI Assistant Prelims Examination is a qualifying nature. That is candidates clearing the Prelims exam will be allowed to sit for the mains exam.
- Except for the English section; RBI Assistant Prelims exam will be conducted in bilingual mode. That is in both the English and Hindi languages.
Mains Exam Pattern: RBI Assistant Exam
|English Language||40||40||30 mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||20 mins|
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 mins|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||30 mins|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 mins|
- The candidates will be selected for RBI Assistant Mains Exam in the ratio of 1:10 based on performance in Preliminary exam.
- Similar to the RBI Assistant Prelims exam, the mains exam also has negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer marked by a candidate.
Difficulty Level of the RBI Assistant Examination
Easy to Moderate IBPS PO Level Questions will be asked for this exam.
i) The above tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
ii) A candidate has to qualify in each part of the Objective test separately. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests. (Cut off marks will be decided by the bank).
iii) Final selection will be on the basis of candidate’s performance in the written examination and interview taken together in order of merit.
Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
The candidates provisionally cleared the RBI Assistant Mains Online Examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT).
The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned as detailed below). Candidate not proficient in the Official / Local Language shall be disqualified.
The local language that are to be tested as per the official notification are given below:
|Area||Language for LPT|
|Chandigarh||Punjabi / Hindi|
|Guwahati||Assamese / Bengali / Khasi / Manipuri / Bodo / Mizo|
|Jammu||Urdu / Hindi / Kashmiri|
|Kanpur & Lucknow||Hindi|
|Kolkata||Bengali / Nepali|
|Mumbai||Marathi / Konkani|
|Nagpur||Marathi / Hindi|
|Patna||Hindi / Maithili|
Only such number of candidates will be called for Language Proficiency Test who stand sufficiently high in merit based on the aggregate marks of the main online examination, Such merit will be decided by the Bank in relation to the number of notified vacancies to be filled in.