Share on facebook Share on whatsapp Share on twitter Share on telegram Share on linkedin Share on email Daily Current Affairs – Banking – December 08, 2023 Dear Banking Aspirants, Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the
RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment 2023: Eligibility, Qualification &Syllabus
RBI Grade B Notification 2023
RBI Grade B Notification 2023 Update as of 26.04.2023: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the much-awaited RBI Grade B Advertisement Notification for 291 vacancies On 26th April 2023. Reserve Bank of India will release the RBI Assistant Notification PDF on its official website @www.rbi.org.in along with other details such as the eligibility criteria, reservation of vacancies, scheme of selection and submission of online application, and other information on 09th May 2023. RBI has extended the last date to apply online for RBI Grade B 2023 from 9 June to 16 June 2023. The recruitment process for the Grade B Officers Posts is conducted every year by the RBI. Aspiring candidates can find all the latest updates and details related to RBI Grade B 2023 on the official website. The selection procedure for the RBI Grade B Officers involves a country-wide competitive Examination in three phases, which include a Preliminary and Main examination followed by an Interview .
As it is a highly prestigious job, numerous candidates appear for the exam. However, only those who meet the RBI Grade B Eligibility criteria will be allowed to participate in the recruitment process. Read on to learn more about the RBI Grade B eligibility criteria and its various regulations.
RBI Grade B Recruitment 2023 : Over View
|RBI Grade B 2023- Important Details|
|Organisation||Reserve Bank of India|
|Exam Name||RBI Grade B 2023|
|RBI Posts 2023||Grade B Officers|
|RBI Grade B Vacancies||291|
|RBI Grade B Online Registration||09th May to 16th June 2023 (6.00 pm)|
|RBI GRADE B Recruitment Basis||Direct Recruitment|
|RBI GRADE B Selection Process||Phase I, Phase II & Interview|
|RBI Grade B Salary||Rs. 55,200/- Basic Pay [Revised]|
|RBI Grade B Job Location||Across India|
RBI Grade B Eligibility 2023
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) conducts the RBI Grade B exam to recruit candidates in various departments all across India. A large number of candidates apply for the exam as it is a lucrative and well-paying job. With only a few vacancies to be filled through the RBI Grade B Exam, timely implementation for this exam is critical. To become an RBI Grade B officer, candidates must have a comprehensive understanding of the RBI Grade B Eligibility criteria. It is the first and most important step in the recruitment process. Meeting the eligibility criteria for Nationality, RBI Grade B Age Limit and Qualification is crucial.
RBI Grade B Eligibility 2023: Nationality
RBI Grade B Eligibility 2023: Age
Minimum Age – 21 Years & Maximum Age – 30 Years
The Age Limit for the RBI Grade B Recruitment 2021 will be considered as on the date mentioned on the notification.
For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
- For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank / Financial Institution in Public Sector as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years.
- For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned. Refer item 8 below for relaxation in upper age limit for specified categories.2020
RBI Grade B Eligibility : Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit
Three years in the case of OBC candidates if the posts are reserved for them.
Five years in the case of:
i) SC/ST candidates if the posts are reserved for them
ii) Ex-employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or as a result of bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year’s service and currently registered with Employment Exchange,
iii) Ex-servicemen (including Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers) provided applicants have rendered at least five years continuous Military Service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability or have been released on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or on invalidment,
iv) Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers who have completed their initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service but whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues certificates that they would be released on selection within three months from the date of receipt of offer of appointment, v) Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir between 1st January, 1980 and 31st December, 1989.
For Person With Disability:
10 years for PWD (GEN);
13 years for PWD (OBC)
15 years for PWD (SC/ST).
NOTE: Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of interview.
RBI Grade B Eligibility : Educational Qualifications
You must meet the requirements for RBI Grade B eligibility in order to apply for the 2023 RBI Grade B test. A minimum of 60% marks (or an equal grade in the case of SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in a Bachelor’s degree are required to be qualified for the position of RBI Grade B Officer, according to the RBI Grade B 2023 This is a national-level competitive exam conducted by the Reserve Bank of India for the recruitment of Grade B officers in its various departments. These officers are responsible for higher-level tasks and have a higher pay scale compared to RBI Assistants. The exam is conducted in three phases – Phase 1, Phase 2, and Interview.
RBI Grade B Posts
RBI Grade B Educational Qualifications
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)
• Graduation in any discipline /Equivalent technical or professional qualification with minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwBD applicants) or Post-Graduation / Equivalent technical qualification with minimum 55% marks (pass marks for SC/ST/PwBD applicants) in aggregate of all semesters/years.
• Any such full-time course from a recognized University / Institute that is taken after Class XIIth and is at least of 3 years’ duration/ candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical graduation will be eligible for admission to the examination.
• Candidates who have passed the Final Examination for Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India may also apply for the post.
• Any full-time course from a recognized University / Institute taken after graduation and is at least 2 years duration / recognized by the Government as equivalent to post-graduation will be eligible for admission to the examination.
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR
• Essential: A Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognised Indian or Foreign University /Institute.
PGDM/ MBA Finance with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognised Indian or Foreign University /Institute.
Master’s Degree in Economics in any of the sub-categories of economics i.e. agricultural/ business/ developmental/ applied, etc., with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognised Indian or Foreign University /Institute
Candidates having Master’s Degree with Research/Teaching experience at a recognized Indian/Foreign University/ Institute will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM
A Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years.
Master’s Degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years and one year post-graduate diploma in Statistics or related subjects from an Institute of repute.
M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years.
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years.
|Equivalent CGPA/OGPA/CPI or similar terminologies allotted on a 10 point scale||Aggregate Percentage of Marks|
(2) Aggregate Grade Point or percentage of marks where awarded would mean aggregate over the entire duration of the course.
(3) Where the Aggregate Grade Point (CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc.) is awarded out of a number other than 10, it will be normalized out of 10 and computed as per item (1) above.
RBI Grade B Eligibility 2023: Number of Attempts
Candidates belonging to unreserved i.e. General Category, who had already appeared Six times for Phase-I Examination for this post in the past, are not eligible to apply.
No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD, if the posts are reserved for them.
RBI Grade B Eligibility 2023: Syllabus
The syllabus for RBI Grade B Officers is generally split into two sections. Four topics are covered in the RBI Grade B Phase 1 syllabus, while three papers—Economic and Social Issues, Finance and Management, and Descriptive English—are covered in RBI Grade B Phase 2.
To keep your RBI Grade B preparation at its best, you should stay up to date on the RBI Grade B Officer syllabus and attempt to cover as many topics as you can.
Phase 1 (Objective)
Quantitative Aptitude/ English/ General Awareness/ Reasoning
Phase 2 (Objective and Descriptive)
Paper 1 – Issues in Economics and Society (ESI)
Paper 2 – English (Writing Skills)
Paper 3 – Finance and Management
RBI Grade B Exam 2023 - Exam Pattern
To become the RBI Grade B officer, candidates have to pass three stages of exam that are prelims, mains and interview. In the prelims, only objective questions are asked, however in the main exam, both objective and descriptive questions are asked.
- Stage 1 – Prelims Exam
- Stage 2 – Mains Exam
- Stage 3 – Interview
Prelims Exam Pattern
- The duration of the exam is about 2 hrs. or 120 minutes.
- Each question has a weightage of 1 mark.
No. of Questions
Mains Exam Pattern
Paper1 – Economics and Social Issues
Objective – 50%
Descriptive – 50%
Objective – 50
Descriptive – 50
Objective – 30 min
Descriptive – 90 min
Paper2 – English
Paper3 – Finance and Management
Objective – 50%
Descriptive – 50%
Objective – 50
Descriptive – 50
Objective – 30 min
Descriptive – 90 min
RBI Grade B Eligibility 2023: Faqs
Q. RBI Grade B Notification 2023 has been out??
Ans: RBI Grade B 2023 Notification has been released on 26 April.
Q. How many vacancies has been released for RBI Grade B Notification 2023 ?
Ans: RBI Grade B 2023 Notification has been released on 26 April for 291 vacancies
Q.What is Eligibility required for RBI Grade B Officers?
Ans: As per the RBI Grade B eligibility criteria, candidates must be aged between 21 and 30 years and secure a minimum of 60% marks in their bachelor's degree. Complying with these RBI Grade B eligibility requirements is crucial for candidates to be eligible to take the exam and engage in the recruitment process.
Q. What is RBI Grade B Age Limit?
Ans: Candidates must fall within the age range of 21 to 30 years as of 01 January 2023. However, relaxation in the upper age limit is permissible for candidates belonging to reserved categories. To know more, read the Veranda Race blog article above.
Q. What is the minimum percentage of marks required for candidates to meet the eligibility criteria for RBI Grade B Officer?
Ans: To meet the RBI Grade B Officer Eligibility, candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 60% or an equivalent grade. However, candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwBD categories must score a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- Six Level Practice Program to clear any competitive exam
- A 12-acre campus just for practicing Competitive Exams – Practice Village
- 14000+ Positive Google Reviews
- SOLO Practice Lab for distraction-free practice
- Computer Lab with more than 1800 Computer systems (in all branches)
- Library with about 8000 Books (in all branches)
- Classes by Retired Senior officers from RBI, NABARD, other Bank Officers and field experts
- 1800 Online Exams + Free Exams (Public Account)
- Mock Interview Program with 25 Real Panel Members
- 100% Results
- Learn the Best Shortcuts and Mind calculation Tricks
- 19 Book Materials (for Banking and SSC)
- 506 Handout and workout materials
- 100% Topic coverage
- 100% successful Algorithm
- Separate MENTOR for every student
- Research and Development Team
- Unlimited Validity Online Login Credential
- Special Sessions on Banking Industry, handled by field experts
- Daily Offline Exams
- Focus on General English Section
- Night shift / Third Shift Program
- Fundamental Classes for Non-Maths / English background students
- ISO 9001: 2008 Certified Coaching Institute
- Class Room and Practice Hall with ample space
- Flexibility in Batch Timing
- Current Affairs Audio Sessions
- Promotional Exam (JAIIB) Course for Bank Officers (Free for RACE students)
- Daily Free News Papers
- RACE Care – A guiding team for all students
- Pay once and Practice till you get placed
- Lowest Fee in India
Stay updated with the latest Kerala PSC Public Works Department LDC Notification 2024.
Share on facebook Share on whatsapp Share on twitter Share on telegram Share on linkedin Share on email Daily Current Affairs – Banking – December 07, 2023 Dear Banking Aspirants, Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the
Share on facebook Share on whatsapp Share on twitter Share on telegram Share on linkedin Share on email Daily Current Affairs – Banking – December 06, 2023 Dear Banking Aspirants, Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the
Share on facebook Share on whatsapp Share on twitter Share on telegram Share on linkedin Share on email Daily Current Affairs – Banking – December 04 & 05, 2023 Dear Banking Aspirants, Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.