SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Get the Syllabus for SSC CGL Tier I to Tier IV
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam every year to recruit a significant number of candidates for central government jobs in union ministries, departments and premier organisations of the Indian Government. To crack the upcoming SSC CGL Exam 2022, it is essential to have an in-depth understanding of the SSC CGL Syllabus 2022.
Candidates must get to know the detailed syllabus of Reasoning, General Awareness, English and Mathematics sections to be on the right track for the upcoming SSC CGL Exam 2022. All these sections have the same weightage in SSC CGL Tier I Exam question paper.
Dig deeper to know the current subject-wise syllabus of the SSC CGL Exam for Tier I, Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV .
Latest SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL 2022 Exam chooses candidates through a four-tier recruitment procedure and the details of the stages of recruitment are as follows:
|I||Online Computer-Based Test||Objective Multiple Choice|
|II||Online Computer-Based Test||Objective Multiple Choice|
|III||Paper and Pen Mode (Essay Writing, Application/Letter Writing)||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi|
|IV||Speed Typing Test (Wherever Applicable)||Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test|
Veranda RACE facilitates outcome-oriented, high-quality and affordable SSC offline and SSC online courses to crack the SSC CGL Exam. Veranda RACE SSC course provides highly-engaging video classes, challenging mock tests and daily quizzes to aid the SSC aspirants in grasping complex mathematical concepts, intricate reasoning puzzles and English grammar rules. Additionally, highly-qualified SSC mentors from Veranda RACE assist the SSC aspirants candidates constantly to prepare them for the upcoming SSC CGL Exam.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern: Tier I Exam Pattern
Here is the Tier I Exam Pattern of the SSC CGL Exam for the ready reference of candidates.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
Note: The cumulative time for the SSC CGL Tier I Exam is 60 minutes. For each wrong answer in the SSC CGL Exam, there will be a negative marking of 0.5 marks.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern: Tier II Exam Pattern
There are four sections in the SSC CGL Tier II Exam and the following table discusses the detailed pattern.
|Sections||Time Allotted||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Studies (Economics & Finance)||2 hours||100||200|
|English Language & Comprehension||2 hours||200||200|
|Quantitative Ability||2 hours||100||200|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern: Tier III Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Tier III Exam takes place in an offline mode and examines the writing skills of the applicants. Candidates who apply for the posts of Compiler and Statistical Investigator Grade II are only eligible for SSC CGL Tier III Exam. The below table illustrates the exam pattern details for the SSC CGL Tier III Exam.
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Letter Writing, Precis Writing, Essay Writing)||60 minutes||100|
*For the Person with Disability (PWD) category, the time limit is 80 minutes.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern: Tier IV Exam Pattern
The Tier IV Exam of SSC CGL Exam comprises the following tests for specific posts after eligible candidates have qualified SSC CGL Tier I Exam, SSC CGL Tier II Exam and SSC CGL Tier III Exam.
- Computer Proficiency Test: The essential modules for this stage are slides, spreadsheets and word processing. Candidates who have applied for the positions of Inspector (Examiner), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Central Excise), Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Central Secretariat Service (CSS) will appear for this computer proficiency test.
- Data Entry Test: This exam scrutinises the typing speed of eligible candidates for the position of Tax Assistant (Income Tax and Central Excise). An eligible candidate has to type an English write-up on a computer. The word limit will be 2000 words within 15 minutes.
SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus: General Awareness Syllabus
The following topics under the General Awareness section test the candidates’ command over general science and general knowledge.
- People in the news
- Important days
- India and its neighbouring nations in terms of scientific research, general policy, economic scenario, geography, culture and history
- Important government schemes
- Books and authors
- Current affairs
SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus: General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus
The SSC CGL Tier I Exam covers both verbal and non-verbal reasoning topics to scrutinise the sharpness and activeness of the eligible candidates.
- Syllogistic reasoning
- Statements and conclusions
- Coding and decoding
- Non-verbal series
- Arithmetic number series
- Relationship concepts
- Visual memory
- Decision making
- Blood relations
- Spatial orientation
- Space visualisation
- Similarities and differences
SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II Syllabi: English Syllabus
Candidates must practice the following English topics from the SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II syllabi thoroughly to score well in the English section.
- Sentence improvement
- Sentence rearrangement
- Active and passive voice
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Reading comprehension
- Spelling correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Error spotting
- Sentence correction
- One-word substitution
- Idioms and phrases
- Direct and indirect speech
SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II Syllabi: Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
The SSC sets questions for SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II exams from the following topics for the quantitative aptitude section in the SSC CGL Tier I Exam and SSC CGL Tier II Exam.
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Square and cube roots
- Ratio and proportion
- Time and work
- Time and distance
- Mixture and alligation
- Profit and Loss
- Relationship between numbers
- Whole number computation
- Complementary angles
- Standard identities
- Degree and radian measures
- Trigonometric ratio
- Regular right pyramid with a square/triangular base
- Rectangular parallelepiped
- Pie chart and bar diagram
- Frequency polygon
- Heights and distances
- Right circular cylinder
- Right prism
- Regular polygons
- Right-circular cone
- Circle and its chords, common tangents to 2 or more circles, angles subtended by a circle’s chords, tangents
- Similarity and congruence of triangles
- Triangle with its different kinds of centres
- Graphs for linear equations
- Basic algebraic identities concerning elementary surds and school algebra
SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus: General Studies Syllabus
The General Studies section has been categorised into two parts, namely Economics & Governance and Finance & Accounts. Dig deeper through the sub-categories below.
Finance & Accounts (80 Marks)
- Basic accounting concepts
- Self-balancing ledgers
- Bills of exchange
- Receipts and payments
- Income and expenditure accounts
- Valuation of inventories
- Depreciation accounting
- Distinction between revenue and capital expenditure
- Balance sheet
- Profit and loss appropriation
- Rectification of errors
- Trial balance
- Bank reconciliation
- Original entry
- Double and single entry
2. Financial Accounting
- Accounting principles
- Basic conventions and concepts
- Drawbacks of financial accounting
Economics & Governance (120 Marks)
- Role of Information Technology in governance
- Money and banking
- Concept of economics and microeconomics
- Economic reforms of India
- Indian economy
- Price determination in various markets and forms of market
- Theory of cost and production
- Theory of supply and demand
- Finance Commission – Functions and roles
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India – Responsibility and role, Constitutional provisions
SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus: Statistics Syllabus
With a clear understanding of the concepts and continuous revision of the below-mentioned Statistics topics, candidates can excel in the Statistics section in the SSC CGL Tier II Exam. Here are the relevant topics under the section on Statistics.
- Index numbers
- Time series analysis
- Analysis of variance
- Statistical inference
- Sampling theory
- Probability distributions and random variables
- Probability theory
- Correlation and regression
- Kurtosis, skewness and moments
- Measures of dispersion
- Central tendency
- Presentation, classification and collection of statistical data
With dedication and sincerity, it is not that difficult to clear the upcoming SSC CGL Exam 2022. It is important to solve the previous years’ SSC CGL Exam question papers to have a better understanding of the topics mentioned in Tier I, Tier II and Tier III of SSC CGL Exam Syllabus. Candidates need to chalk out an effective SSC CGL study schedule and devote equal time to every section based on the SSC CGL Exam Syllabus. However, candidates should also give more emphasis on the topics they are weak.
Candidates should also make sure to attempt regular SSC CGL mock tests to improve their speed and accuracy and track their performance in these mock tests to weed out the inefficiencies and improve their final score.
Last but not least, for any more assistance regarding the SSC CGL Exam Syllabus or in general, about the SSC CGL 2022 Exam, candidates can always get in touch with Veranda RACE to clarify their doubts and get answers from our expert SSC faculty.
Find out more by giving us a call!