SSC CHSL - Tier 1 previous year Model paper
Direction (1-3): In the following question, select the related word/letter/number from the given alternatives
1. Screw gauge: Thickness:: Hygrometer : ?
2. AD : FI :: IL : ?
3. 56 : 72 :: 30 : ?
Direction (4-6): In the following question, find the odd word/number/letters/ number pairs from the given alternatives
4. (a) Italy
5. (a) DWE
(a) 43 – 57
(b) 34 – 48
(c) 53 – 67
(d) 23 – 39
7. Arrange the following words as per order in the dictionary
1. Escapade 2. Escalope 3. Escallop 4. Escargatoire
(a) 3, 1, 4, 2
(b) 4, 1, 2, 3
(c) 3, 2, 1, 4
(d) 4, 1, 2, 3
Directions (8-9): In the questions, a series is given, with one term missing. Choose the correct alternatives from the given that will complete the series
8. BEH, KNQ, TWZ, ?
9. 9, 27, 31, 93, 97, 291, 295, 885, ?
10. Pointing to a lady in the photograph, Radha said, “Her son’s father is the son-in-law of my mother”. How is Radha related to the lady?
11. From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word.
12. If C = 3, EAT = 26, FIRST = ?
13. The following equation has been solved on the basis of a certain pattern. Find the correct answer for the unsolved equation.
11 x 17 x 13 = 41
4 x 7 x 2 = 13
5 x3 x4=?
14. Gopi moved a distance of 75 meters towards the North. He then turned to the left and walking for about 25 meter turned left again and walked 80 meters. Finally, he turned to the right of an angle of 450. Which direction was he moving finally?
(a) South – West
(b) South – East
(c) North – East
(d) North – West
15. If ‘+’ means ‘÷’ , ‘÷’ means ‘-’ , ‘-’ means ‘x’ and ‘x’ means ‘+’ then,
20 x 42 ÷ 8 – 12 + 3
16. Find the missing number in the given matrix
6 15 19
3 6 7
4.5 10.5 ?
17. P, Q, R, S, T and U are sitting in a row; Q and T are in the centre. P and U are at the ends. R is sitting to the left of U. Who is sitting to the immediate right of P?
Most people who stop smoking gain weight
I. If one stops smoking, one will gain weight
II. If one does not stop smoking one will not gain weight
(a) If only assumption I is implicit
(b) If only assumption II is implicit
(c) If either I or II is implicit
(d) If neither I nor II is implicit
19. Which figure represents the relationship among?
Electronics, Computer, Tube light
20. Which set of the letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series will complete it?
21. From the given answer figures select
the one in which the question figure is hidden/ embedded
22. If a mirror is placed along the line, which of the answer figures is the correct image of the given question figure?
23. A piece of paper is folded and cut as shown in the question figure. Select the answer figure, which is similar to the former figure when opened.
24. A word is represented by only one set of number as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of number given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices, given below. The column and rows are Matrix (I) are numbered from 0 to 3 and the Matrix (II) are numbered from 4 to 7. A letter from these matrices can be represented first by its row and next by its column, e.g.’A’ can be represented by 00, 76 and ‘S’ can be represented by 11, 66. Identify the set for the word PUSH
(a)10, 66, 45, 03,
(b) 30, 11, 54, 10
(c) 10, 45, 66, 75
(d) 01, 54, 66, 57
25. In each of the following questions, which one of the given responses would be a meaningful order of the following words in ascending order ?
1.Sentence 2.Word 3.Chapter 4.Phrase 5.Paragraph
(a) 4, 3, 1, 2, 5
(b) 2, 3, 5, 4, 1
(c) 3, 5, 1, 4, 2
(d) 1, 3, 2, 4, 5
26. The Chief agricultural product of USA
27. SELENE-1 the lunar orbiter mission belongs to:
(b) European Union
28. Chronological order of the committees which were formed for Estimation of Poverty in India
(i) Tendulkar committee
(ii) Rangarajan committee
(iii) Saxena committee
(iv) Hashim committee
(a) (i), (ii), (iii), (iv)
(b) (i), (iii), (iv), (ii)
(c) (i), (iv), (ii), (iii)
(d) (iv), (iii), (i), (ii)
29. Large number of people remain unemployed is
(a) Technological unemployment
(b) Disguised unemployment
(c) Open unemployment
(d) Structural unemployment
30. Which of the following state has the longest coastline in India?
(a) Tamil Nadu
(c) Andhra Pradesh
31. Juba is the capital of
(d) South Sudan
32. After the Carnatic wars, Pondicherry was returned to French by
(a) Treaty of Aix La-Chapelle
(b) Treaty of Paris
(c) Treaty of Allahabad
(d) Treaty of Madras
33. Subash Chandra Bose defeated Pattabhi Sittharamaiya in the 1939 INC Presidential election held at
(a) Manipur (b) Tripura
(c) Bombay (d) Calcutta
34. The second highest peak of the World lies in which of the following range?
(a) Karakoram range
(b) Ladakh range
(c) Zaskar range
(d) Pushkar Range
35. The plain which is formed through deposition of alluvium by the rivers of Indus system is
(a) The Rajasthan plain
(b) The Punjab-Haryana Plain
(c) The Ganga Plain
(d) The Brahmaputra Plain
36. Atoms of the elements having the same atomic number but different mass number is called?
37. Combustion of candle is a
(a) Photochemical reaction
(b) Endothermic reaction
(c) Exothermic reaction
(d) Natural reaction
38. Full form of TCP is
(a) Transmission Control Protocol
(b) Total Control Protocol
(c) Transmission Control Program
(d) Totaling Control Program
39. Which of the following is/are true about cell theory?
(i) All living organisms are composed of cells and products of cells.
(ii) All cells arise from pre-existing cells.
(iii) Cells are basic building units of life.
(iv) Viruses do not follow cell theory.
(a) (i) & (ii)
(b) (i), (ii) & (iii)
(c) (i), (ii) & (iv)
(d) All the above
40. Oxygen transportation in a human body takes place through
The correct sequence of transportation is
(a) i, ii and iii
(b) iii, i and ii
(c) ii, i and iii
(d) i, iii and ii
41. ‘Keratomalacia’ is due to the deficiency of,
(a) Vitamin – D
(b) Vitamin – A
(c) Vitamin – E
(d) Vitamin – A
42. The doldrums belt is located in which region
(a) Around the Equator and poles
(b) Poles, Tropic of Cancer
(c) Tropic of Cancer, Equator
(d) Tropic of cancer, Tropic of Capricorn
43. A Cyclone is a
(a) A low pressure system with clockwise winds in the northern hemisphere
(b) A low pressure system with anti-clockwise winds in the northern hemisphere
(c) A low pressure system with clock-wise winds in the northern hemisphere
(d) A high pressure system with anti- clockwise winds in the northern hemisphere
44. Who is the current President of World Bank?
(a) Robert B. Zoellict
(b) Paul Wolfowitz
(c) Lewis Preston
(d) Dr. Jim Yong Kim
45. NITI Aayog Includes
(i) Leaders of the States
(ii) Leaders of the Union Territories
(iii) A Deputy Chairman
(iv) Chief Executive officers and experts
(a) Only (i) and (ii)
(b) Only (iii) and (iv)
(c) All (i), (ii), (iii), (iv)
(d) Only (i), (ii), (iii)
46. Which of the following amendment act is called as ‘Mini Constitution’?
(a) 42nd Amendment Act
(b) 44th Amendment Act
(c) 73rd Amendment Act
(d) 74th Amendment Act
47. The description about the constitution, ‘Co-Operative Federalism’ given by
(a) K C Wheare
(b) Morris Jones
(c) Granvile Austin
(d) Ivor Jennings
48. ‘Tappa’ is a form of Indian Semi-Classical Music, originated in
(a) Uttar Pradesh
49. What is the SI unit of Optical Wavelength?
50. In the Vijayanagara Empire, Land tax was called as