SSC CPO 2023 : Job profiles, Responsibilities, Salary Structure and Benefits
SSC CPO 2023: Job profile, Eligibility, Responsibilities & Salary Structure
Do you know what comes under SSC CPO Posts? This article will assist the candidates in understanding what are the different SSC CPO posts, their responsibilities, the salaries for each post, and other benefits.
Physical and mental strength are required for candidates for the SSC Central Police Organization.
Central Police Organizations is the full form of CPO. As it is an exam held by the Staff Selection Commission to choose applicants for the position of Sub-inspector (SI) of Police, it is also known as SSC CPO. It is held at the national level to hire SI for several organizations, including the Delhi Police, BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBPF, and CISF.
SSC CPO (Central Police Organizations) Different Posts
The below mentioned are the important posts and vacancies of CPO posts,
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs : (Central Armed Police Forces): This post earns a salary level of Level-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and falls under the Group B (non-gazetted), non-ministerial category.
- Sub Inspector (Executive) – (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: This post is offered at the Level-6 pay scale (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted).
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF: This post is paid on the Level-5 scale (Rs.29,200-92,300) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted).
SSC CPO Job Profile & Responisibilties for Different Posts
In the SSC Central Police Organisation Recruitment 2022, the following positions are available:
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Asst. Sub-Inspector of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
SSC CPO Delhi Police Sub-Inspector
A Delhi Police Sub Inspector is largely in charge of upholding the law and order in the nation’s capital by employing all of the authority that the Indian government has granted them. The position of a SI is the most powerful of all the positions. This is thus that all of his or her authority stems from the Indian Criminal Procedure Code.
SSC CPO Border Security Force (BSF) Sub-Inspector
The Border Security Force (BSF), one of the five Central Armed Police Forces, is the nation’s primary organisation for border defence. The BSF Sub-Inspector (SI) position is one of the most wanted jobs in the Border Security Force since it is connected with pride and respect. Although the Border Security Force’s primary duty is to guard the country’s borders, the force also actively engages in battling militancy and insurgency within India’s interior.
SSC CPO Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
Ensures the safety of the nation’s government facilities and industrial facilities.
The CRPF is responsible for controlling Naxalites and Riots in the industrial sector, including thermal power plants, mines, steel mills, PSUs, etc.
SSC CPO Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF) Sub-Inspector
In the Indian Government, the Ministry of Home Affairs is responsible for overseeing the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF). The ITBPF, a border-guarding police unit with a focus on high-level activities, was established on October 24th, 1962.
SSC CPO Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Sub-Inspector
The Government of India formed Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) under the Ministry of Home Affairs. It was founded in the first half of 1963. It is a member of the country’s paramilitary force and was once known as the Special Service Bureau. SSB Directorate General, Sector-I, East Block-V, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 is where the SSB’s headquarters are situated. The Force Headquarters is another name for the Force’s highest level of headquarters
SSC CPO Central Industrial Security Forces- Assistant Sub-Inspector (CISF)
The Limited Departmental Competitive Examination is employed by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) to hire Assistant Sub-Inspectors (ASI) (LDCE). There has been no announcement about the same. For the most recent information, interested applicants should frequently visit the CISF website.
The requirements for eligibility to apply for CISF ASI include completing regular service for five years, including basic training, or combining regular service for five years as a Head Constable/GD, Constable/GD Constable/Tradesmen, and having a graduate degree in any area.
Eligibility Criteria for Different SSC CPO Posts
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria Overview
SSC CPO Nationality/Citizenship
A candidate must be either:
A citizen of India,
A subject of Nepal,
A subject of Bhutan,
Refugee Tibetan who came to India before 1st January 1962, to permanently settle in that country,
Persons of Indian origin residing in India permanently after migrating from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
Candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above must be in possession of an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India.
SSC CPO Age Limit
Minimum age – 20 years
Maximum age – 25 years
Age relaxations applicable
SSC CPO Educational Qualification
Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria: Physical Endurance Test
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs.): 4.5 meters in 3 chances
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 meters in 3 chances
SSC CPO Salary structure & Benefits
The Central government of India divided the services into four groups depending on the rank, status, and responsibilities related to each posts- Group ‘A’, Group B Group p ‘C’, and Group D’.
Group A – The highest level of administration
GROUP B: Second-level officers next to group A officers.
GROUP C: Clerical staff
GROUP D: Peons, office attendants or, other lower level employees
The first thing that comes to our mind SSC CPO comes under the Central Government and like other central government jobs, these posts also have many benefits and perks such as medical allowance, conveyance allowance, house rent allowance, and other retirement benefits too. Let us have a look at the salary of different CPO Posts and their grades. Once the candidate is recruited as an SSC CPO they can expect a basic salary of Rs 35,400 and a gross salary of Rs 47,496. The take-home salary for SSC CPO salary becomes Rs 41,231 after all deductions.
SSC CPO Posts
Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPF
Pay Band 2
INR 35,400 – 1,12,400/-
Sub Inspector (Executive) (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police
Pay Band 2
INR 35,400 – 1,12,400/-
Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF
Pay Band 1
INR 29,200 – 92,300/-
Every year, thousands of individuals apply for the SSC CPO position because of the competitive compensation and benefits. Following the adoption of the 7th pay commission, the SSC CPO salary also experienced a significant increase. The gross salary for an SSC CPO is Rs. 47,496; the base pay is Rs. 35,400. In the salary range of Rs. 9300 – 34800, the pre-revised grade pay was Rs. 4200.
SSC CPO Job Profiles, Benefits & Salaries : FAQS
Q. How many papers are there in SSC CPO?
Ans: The SSC CPO Exam Pattern for 2022 has been issued by the Staff Selection Commission. The selection procedure consists of four modules: Paper I, Physical Test, Paper II, and Detailed Medical Exam. There will be 200 questions and 200 marks available for Paper I.
Q.Is there any interview in CPO?
Ans: There are no interviews involved in the selection procedure for SSC CPO.
Q. Is there a pension in SSC CPO?
Ans: The National Pension Scheme(NPS) provides pensions to SSC officers.
Q. What is the CPO age limit?
Ans: As of January 1st, 2022, applicants' ages should range from 20 to 25.
- Six Level Practice Program to clear any competitive exam
- A 12-acre campus just for practicing Competitive Exams – Practice Village
- 14000+ Positive Google Reviews
- SOLO Practice Lab for distraction-free practice
- Computer Lab with more than 1800 Computer systems (in all branches)
- Library with about 8000 Books (in all branches)
- Classes by Retired Senior officers from RBI, NABARD, other Bank Officers and field experts
- 1800 Online Exams + Free Exams (Public Account)
- Mock Interview Program with 25 Real Panel Members
- 100% Results
- Learn the Best Shortcuts and Mind calculation Tricks
- 19 Book Materials (for Banking and SSC)
- 506 Handout and workout materials
- 100% Topic coverage
- 100% successful Algorithm
- Separate MENTOR for every student
- Research and Development Team
- Unlimited Validity Online Login Credential
- Special Sessions on Banking Industry, handled by field experts
- Daily Offline Exams
- Focus on General English Section
- Night shift / Third Shift Program
- Fundamental Classes for Non-Maths / English background students
- ISO 9001: 2008 Certified Coaching Institute
- Class Room and Practice Hall with ample space
- Flexibility in Batch Timing
- Current Affairs Audio Sessions
- Promotional Exam (JAIIB) Course for Bank Officers (Free for RACE students)
- Daily Free News Papers
- RACE Care – A guiding team for all students
- Pay once and Practice till you get placed
- Lowest Fee in India
Stay updated with the latest Kerala PSC Public Works Department LDC Notification 2024.
Share on facebook Share on whatsapp Share on twitter Share on telegram Share on linkedin Share on email Daily Current Affairs – Banking – December 07, 2023 Dear Banking Aspirants, Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the
Share on facebook Share on whatsapp Share on twitter Share on telegram Share on linkedin Share on email Daily Current Affairs – Banking – December 06, 2023 Dear Banking Aspirants, Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the
Share on facebook Share on whatsapp Share on twitter Share on telegram Share on linkedin Share on email Daily Current Affairs – Banking – December 04 & 05, 2023 Dear Banking Aspirants, Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one
Share on facebook Share on whatsapp Share on twitter Share on telegram Share on linkedin Share on email Daily Current Affairs – Banking – December 02 & 03, 2023 Dear Banking Aspirants, Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.