Daily Current Affairs – April 30 & May 01, 2023
Daily Current Affairs – April 30 & May 01, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Download – LEGEND Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
- G20 India’s 3rd Education Working Group meeting concluded in Bhubaneswar.
- 60+ Delegates from 27 countries including G20 members, invited and International Organisations including United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and Organisation for Economic Cooperation & Development (OECD) were present.
Union Minister Kishan Reddy flagged off Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train from Secunderabad Railway Station
- Union Minister for Culture, Tourism and Development of North Eastern Region, Kishan Reddy flagged off the “Ganga Pushkarala Yatra: Puri – Kasi – Ayodhya” Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train from Secunderabad Railway Station.
India to join international climate action in civil aviation from 2027
- India will start participating in the International Civil Aviation Organisation’s (ICAO) Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) and the Long-Term Aspirational Goals (LTAG) from 2027.
- This was announced at a meeting of the Parliament’s Consultative Committee of the Ministry of Civil Aviation held in New Delhi.
- The meeting was chaired by the Minister of Civil Aviation Jyotiraditya Scindia.
- Ministry of Civil Aviation – Jyotiraditya Scindia,Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,MP) – General Vijay Kumar Singh,Minister of State
Sinthan Snow Festival-2023
- The Directorate of Tourism, Jammu and Kishtwar Tourism Development Authority (KTDA) a two-day Sinthan Snow Festival-2023 at Sinthan Maidan, Kishtwar.
- The snow festival is being organized in collaboration with the District Administration Kishtwar, the Jammu & Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture, and Languages (JKAACL), and the Army.
- The 2 day Sinthan Snow Festival-2023 will host a variety of activities like Bike Rally, Paragliding, Snow Kayaking, Fun Snow activities, Local cultural performances, and much more.
- Jammu & Kashmir – Srinagar (May–October) & Jammu (Nov-April) (Capital) – Manoj Sinha (Lieutenant Governor) – Urdu, Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi, English (Language)
Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched ‘Millets Experience Centre’ at Dilli Haat
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched the first of its kind ‘Millets Experience Centre (MEC)’ at Dilli Haat in New Delhi.
- National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd. (NAFED) has established the Millets Experience Centre in collaboration with the Agriculture Ministry.
- It aims to raise awareness of Millets and encourage its adoption among the general public.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare – Narendra Singh Tomar,Cabinet Minister (Morena,UP) – Shobha Karandlaje,Minister of State (Udupi Chikmagalur,Karnataka), Kailash Choudhary, Minister of State (Barmer,Rajasthan)
- Kerala is preparing to commemorate the grand and vibrant Thrissur Pooram temple festival, which lasts for 36 hours or simply 3 days.
- This festival is considered the mother of all poorams and is an impressive exhibition of cultural customs and traditions, featuring adorned elephants, colourful umbrellas, and percussion music.
- The festival is a splendid blend of Kerala’s spiritual and cultural heritage and is held in the Thekkinkadu Maidanam in Thrissur during the Malayalam month of medam, which falls in April-May.
- Kerala – Thiruvananthapuram (Capital) – Pinarayi Vijayan (CM) – Arif Mohammad Khan (Governor) – Malayalam (Language)
Business and Economy
Indian economy to grow at around 6.5 % in FY24, says NITI Aayog memeber Virmani
- The Indian economy will grow at around 6.5 per cent in the current fiscal, notwithstanding high oil prices and increased geopolitical tensions, NITI Aayog member Arvind Virmani.
Agreements and MoUs signed
NLCIL signed MoU with TNC India for repurposing mined-out lands
- NLC India Ltd (NLCIL), a Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE), has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Nature Conservancy India Solutions Private Ltd (TNC India) to collaborate on research work related to repurposing mined-out lands for establishment of renewable energy projects.
- The MoU was signed by Rajasekhara Reddy, Executive Director (Mines) of NLCIL, and Annapurna Vancheswaran, Managing Director of TNC India in the presence of Prasanna Kumar Motupalli, Chairman-cum-Managing Director of NLCIL in Neyveli recently.
- The MoU would further strengthen the endeavour of NLCIL to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and combat climate change in line with India’s commitment under CoP 26 for a transition to a low-carbon economy and increased use of renewable energy sources.
Summit and Conference
Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla inaugurated All India Vedic Science Conference in New Delhi
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla inaugurated the All India Vedic Science Conference in New Delhi.
- Mr Birla said, Vedas have shown humanity the way to live a purposeful life based on truth, justice and righteousness.
- He added that extensive research has been done on the Vedas in different eras and whatever is mentioned in the Vedas, has been proven to be true.
- Referring to the scientific aspects of the Vedas, Mr Birla noted that the Vedas contain knowledge that is very scientific and useful to humanity.
Government appointed Rajneesh Karnatak as BoI MD, Chand to head BoB
- The government appointed Rajneesh Karnatak as managing director of Bank of India (BoI) while Debadatta Chand as head of Bank of Baroda (BoB).
- The central government appoints Karnatak, Executive Director, Union Bank of India, as managing director and CEO of Bank of India for three year with effect from date of assumption of office, Department of Financial Services.
- Karnatak replaced Atanu Kumar Das who completed his three-year term in January this year.
- Debadatta Chand will replace Sanjiv Chadha.
Govt appointed Siddhartha Mohanty as LIC chairman
- The government has appointed Siddhartha Mohanty as chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of India till June 2024.
- Chairman Mohanty will be the managing director and chief executive officer of the insurance behemoth from June 2024 till June 2025.
- Mohanty had been serving as interim chairman of the corporation from March 14, 2023.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) – 01/09/1956 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – Siddhartha Mohanty (Chairman)
Insurance veteran Venkatasamy Jagannathan retired as Star Health CEO
- Venkatasamy Jagannathan, 79, Chairman and CEO of Star Health and Allied Insurance Company, stepped down.
Sanjiv Kapoor resigned as CEO of Jet Airways
Sanjiv Kapoor had stepped down as CEO of Jet Airways.
Awards and Recognitions
ABSA 2023 - Lifetime Achievement Award - Conferred to Mr. M. Prabhakar Rao, CMD of Nuziveedu Seeds
- Mandava Prabhakar Rao, Chairman and Managing Director of Nuziveedu Seeds Limited (NSL) Group, has been conferred the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ at the Agri Business Summit and Award (ABSA) for his ‘excellence and leadership in agriculture and allied sectors’.
- Telangana Agriculture Minister S Niranjan Reddy presented the award to Mr. Rao at a function held in Hyderabad.
- Telangana – Hyderabad (Capital) – K Chandrashekar Rao (CM) – Tamilisai Soundarajan (Governor) –Telugu (Language)
King Charles conferred Britain's honorary MBE on UK-based Sanskrit scholar
- A well-known UK-based Sanskrit scholar and the Executive Director of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan centre in London has been conferred an honorary MBE by King Charles III for services to Indian classical arts in Britain.
- United Kingdom – London (Capital) – Pound Sterling (Currency) – Charles III (Monarch) – Rishi Sunak (Prime Minister) – English (Language)
Producer SS Chakravarthy of NIC Arts Passed Away at 55
- One of the top producers of Tamil Film Industry SS Chakravarthy passed away at 55.
- Known for producing most of Ajith Kumar’s films, SS Chakravarthy was also fondly known as NIC Arts Chakravarthy, NIC Arts being his banner that bankrolled ‘Vaali’, ‘Mugavaree’, ‘Citizen’, ‘Red’, and ‘Villain’.
Motor racing-Perez won Baku sprint race for Red Bull
- Red Bull’s Mexican Sergio Perez overtook Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc to win Formula One’s first sprint of the season in Azerbaijan and Max Verstappen finished third.
- Russell finished fourth with Carlos Sainz fifth for Ferrari, and Fernando Alonso sixth for Aston Martin.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023
- Ayushman Bharat Diwas is observed on April 30 every year to commemorate the launch of the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) scheme by the government on September 23, 2018.
- The AB-PMJAY is a flagship health insurance scheme that provides financial protection to over 10 crore families or 50 crore beneficiaries, covering up to Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary hospitalization care.
- The scheme aims to provide accessible and affordable healthcare to the underprivileged and vulnerable sections of society.
International Workers' Day
- International Workers’ Day, also known as Labour Day in some countries and often referred to as May Day is a celebration of labourers and the working classes that is promoted by the international labour movement and occurs every year on 1 May or the first Monday in May.
First Batch of Women Officers Commissioned into Regiment of Artillery of Indian Army
- In the Indian army, for the first time, five Women Cadets got commissioned into the Regiment of Artillery at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai.
- Out of total 186 Short Service Commissioned Officers, 121 men Cadets and 36 Women Cadets were inducted into various Arms and Services of the Indian Army while 29 officers are from Bhutan.
- Indian Army – 26/01/1950 (Founded) – New Delhi (HQ) – Army Day (January 15) – General Manoj Pande (Chief of Army Staff) – “Service Before Self” (Motto)
Daily Current Affairs - April 30 & May 01, 2023 - Consolidated
- G20 Session
- Union Minister Kishan Reddy flagged off Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train from Secunderabad Railway Station
- India to join international climate action in civil aviation from 2027
- Sinthan Snow Festival-2023
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched ‘Millets Experience Centre’ at Dilli Haat
- Thrissur Pooram
- Indian economy to grow at around 6.5 % in FY24, says NITI Aayog memeber Virmani
- NLCIL signed MoU with TNC India for repurposing mined-out lands
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla inaugurated All India Vedic Science Conference in New Delhi
- Government appointed Rajneesh Karnatak as BoI MD, Chand to head BoB
- Govt appointed Siddhartha Mohanty as LIC chairman
- Insurance veteran Venkatasamy Jagannathan retired as Star Health CEO
- Sanjiv Kapoor resigned as CEO of Jet Airways
- ABSA 2023 – Lifetime Achievement Award – Conferred to Mr. M. Prabhakar Rao, CMD of Nuziveedu Seeds
- King Charles conferred Britain’s honorary MBE on UK-based Sanskrit scholar
- Producer SS Chakravarthy of NIC Arts Passed Away at 55
- Motor racing-Perez won Baku sprint race for Red Bull
- Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023
- International Workers’ Day
- First Batch of Women Officers Commissioned into Regiment of Artillery of Indian Army
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.