Daily Current Affairs – March 26 & 27, 2023
Daily Current Affairs - Banking - March 26 & 27, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Download – LEGEND Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
Centre notifies revised MGNREGA wage rates
- The Centre has notified a hike in wage rates under the rural job guarantee programme for the 2023-24 financial year with Haryana having the highest daily wage at Rs 357 per day and Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh the lowest at Rs 221.
- The Union Ministry of Rural Development issued a notification under Section 6 (1) of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), 2005.
- The wage hikes, which range from Rs 7 to Rs 26, will come into effect from April 1.
- Compared to last year’s rates, Rajasthan registered the highest percentage increase in wages.
- The revised wage for Rajasthan is Rs 255 per day, up from Rs 231 in 2022-23.
- Bihar and Jharkhand have registered a percentage increase of around eight from last year.
- Last year, the daily wage for a MNREGA worker in these two states was Rs 210 now been revised to Rs 228.
- For Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh, which have the lowest daily wages at Rs 221, the percentage increase from last year was recorded at 17.
- In 2022-23, the two states had a daily wage of Rs 204.
- The increases in the wages for states range between two and 10 per cent.
- Karnataka, Goa, Meghalaya and Manipur are among the states to register the lowest percentage increase.
Government says 70 project worth Rs 2,856 crores sanctioned under Sagarmala Programme
- Under the Sagarmala Programme, 70 projects worth Rs 2,856 crore have been sanctioned for the development of coastal berths, roll-on, roll-off, passenger jetties etc., out of which 15 projects worth Rs 849 crore have been completed.
- The Sagarmala programme is the flagship programme of the Ministry of Ports’ Shipping and Waterways to promote port-led development in the country through harnessing India’s 7,500 km long coastline, 14,500 km of potentially navigable waterways and strategic location on key international maritime trade routes’.
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways – Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP, Assam) – Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (North Goa) & Shantanu Thakur, Minister of State (Bangaon,West Bengal)
19.79 crore ration cards digitized under the Public Distribution System in India
- Government has said that 19 crore 79 lakh ration cards have been digitized under the Public Distribution System reforms in the country.
- Minister of State for Consumer Affairs Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti said, nearly 100 per cent automation of Fair Price Shops has also been achieved by installing electronic Point of Sale devices (ePoS).
- She added that around 95 per cent of total allocated foodgrains across the country are being distributed through these ePoS devices.
- The Minister said, 27 States and Union Territories are distributing fortified rice through Targeted Public Distribution System.
- She informed that over 95 lakh Metric Ton of fortified rice has been distributed through Targeted Public Distribution System.
- Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution – Piyush Vedprakash Goyal,Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Maharashtra) – Niranjan Jyoti,Minister of State (Fatehpur,UP) & Ashwini Kumar Choubey,Minister of State (Bhagalpur,Bihar)
“One Nation, One Policy” for Organ Donation and Transplantation
- The Government of India has adopted the policy of “One Nation, One Policy” for Organ Donation and Transplantation.
- Under the policy, it has been decided to remove the requirement of domicile of the state for registration of patients requiring organ transplantation from deceased donor.
- Now such patients will be able to go to any state of the country and register themselves for organ transplantation.
- As per the new government guidelines, the upper age limit of 65 years for eligibility for registration to receive deceased donor organ has been removed.
- Now, a person of any age can register for receiving deceased donor organ.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – Mandaviya,Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Gujarat) – Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar,Minister of State (Dindori,Maharashtra)
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the release of an additional installment of Dearness Allowance (DA) to central government employees and Dearness Relief to pensioners, effective from January 1, 2023.
- The new installment represents a 4% increase over the existing rate of 38% of the Basic Pay/Pension.
- The government increased the minimum support price of raw jute by Rs 300 to Rs 5,050 per quintal for 2023-24 season.
- The government also extended the Rs 200 per LPG cylinder subsidy under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) by one year in the wake of high prices of petroleum products in the international market.
- The move will benefit 9.6 crore families.
- The Cabinet has approved a subsidy of Rs 200 per 14.2 kg cylinder for up to 12 refills per year to be provided to the beneficiaries of PMUY.
One District One Product (ODOP) approved for 713 districts under PMFME Scheme
- Out of all 766 districts across 36 States/ UTs, One District One Product (ODOP) has been approved for 713 districts of 35 States/ UTs under Centrally Sponsored “Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme” implemented by Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
- The State of West Bengal has agreed to participate in the scheme in January 2023.
- The ODOPs are approved by the Ministry on the recommendations of States/ UTs.
- The ODOP for the districts of West Bengal along with newly formed districts across 7 States/ UTs has not been recommended by the respective States/ UTs.
- MoFPI has approved 76 Incubation Centres across the country with an outlay of ₹205.95 crore under PMFME Scheme to provide support to existing / prospective entrepreneurs for capacity building, new / innovative product developments etc. across the value chain.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries – Pashupati Kumar Paras,Union Minister (Hajipur,Bihar) – Prahlad Singh Patel,Minister of State (Damoh,Madhya Pradesh)
Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav launches Aravalli Green Wall Project in Gurugram
- Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav said, the Aravallis will be revived through various initiatives including a single-use plastic ban, water conservation efforts and natural resources protection.
- Launching the Aravalli Green Wall Project in Gurugram, Mr Yadav expressed confidence that the project will increase the green cover and biodiversity of the Aravalli through afforestation, reforestation and restoration of water bodies.
- It will also improve the soil fertility, water availability and climate resilience of the region.
- The Minister underlined that the project will benefit the local communities by providing them with employment opportunities, income generation and ecosystem services.
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) – Bhupender Yadav, Cabinet Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Rajasthan) – Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State (Buxar,Bihar)
- Haryana – Chandigarh (Capital) – Manohar Lal Khattar (CM) – Bandaru Dattatreya (Governor) – Hindi (Language)
Jagan government under YSR Aasara offered Rs 19,178 crore for women empowerment
- The AP government led by Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy would, for the third consecutive year, distribute Rs 6,419.89 crore to 78,94,169 women beneficiaries from 7,98,395 Self Help (Dwacra) Groups.
- The chief minister would do so by the press of a button during YSR Aasara funds release programme at Denduluru in Eluru district.
- The total assistance provided by the present government under YSR Aasara so far was Rs 19,178 crore including the current offer of Rs 6,419.89 crore.
- Andhra Pradesh – Amaravati (Capital) – Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy (CM) – S. Abdul Nazeer (Governor) – Telugu (Language)
PM Modi inaugurates medical institute at Chikkaballapur in Karnataka
- PM Modi inaugurated Sri Madhusudan Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research in Muddenahalli in Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka was established by Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence.
- He also inaugurated a new metro line between Whitefield and K R Puram covering 13.71 kms built at a cost of around 4250 crore rupees.
- Karnataka – Bengaluru (Capital) – Basavaraj Bommai (CM) –Thawarchand Gehlot (Governor) – Kannada (Language)
PM visited Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicated development projects worth more than Rs. 1780 crores in Varanasi.
- The projects include laying the foundation stone of the Passenger Ropeway from Varanasi Cantt station to Godowlia, a 55 MLD sewage treatment plant at Bhagwanpur under Namami Ganga Scheme,Phases 2 and 3 of the redevelopment work of Sigra Stadium, an LPG bottling plant at Isarwar village, Sewapuri to be built by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd, a primary health center in Bharthara village and floating jetty with changing rooms among others.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated 19 drinking water schemes under the Jal Jeevan Mission, which will benefit more than 3 lakh people of 63 Gram Panchayats.
- He also laid the foundation stone of 59 drinking water schemes under the Mission.
- He also dedicated an integrated pack house in Karkhiyaon for grading, sorting and processing of fruits and vegetables.
- He also dedicated various projects under the Varanasi Smart City Mission.
- Uttar Pradesh – Lucknow (Capital) – Yogi Adityanath (CM) – Anandiben Patel (Governor) – Hindi (Language)
Banking and Finance
J&K Bank signs corporate agency pact with Bajaj Allianz Life
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank has signed a corporate agency agreement with Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company to sell life insurance products to its customers, with effect from April 1.
- The bank had, earlier, signed on as a bancassurance partner for Life Insurance Corporation of India.
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank Limited – 01/10/1938 (Founded) – Srinagar (HQ) – Baldev Prakash (MD & CEO) – Serving To Empower (Tagline)
ADB gives up to ₹754 crores loan to SAEL Industries for waste-to-energy projects
- SAEL Industries has signed an agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for a loan of up to ₹754 crore (around $91.14 million) to promote agricultural waste-to-energy plants in India.
- SAEL Industries has developed a business model where crop residues are used as fuel in waste-to-energy projects.
- Its ambition is to grow its portfolio to 3.5 gigawatts (GW) over the next four years by adding 100 megawatts (MW) of new biomass and 600 MW of new solar capacity annually.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) – 19/12/1966 (Founded) – Mandaluyong, Philippines (HQ) – Masatsugu Asakawa (President) – 68 countries
RBI imposes Rs 30 lakh penalty on Karur Vysya Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 30 lakh on Karur Vysya Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions of the Reserve Bank of India (Frauds- Classification and reporting by commercial banks and select FIs) directions 2016.
- This penalty has been imposed in exercise of powers vested in RBI under the provisions of section 47 A (1) (c) read with section 46 (4) (i) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) – 01/04/1935 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – Shaktikanta Das (Governor)
World Bank approves $108 million to improve Assam's flood, disaster preparedness
- The World Bank has approved a $108 million loan to help Assam improve disaster preparedness and enhance flood forecasting.
- The project will benefit around 6 million people and is part of a larger $500 million investment program for the State.
- World Bank – December 1944 (Founded) – Washington DC (HQ) – David Malpass (President)
Agreements and MoUs signed
MoU signed between Ministry of Ayush and Department of ex-servicemen welfare, Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Ayush and Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare/ECHS, Ministry of Defence (ECHS/DoESW) signed Memorandum of Understanding to integrate Ayurveda in ECHS Polyclinics as an OPD service for five years period.
- These will be established at 10 polyclinics based at Ambala, Mysore, Ranchi, Nagpur, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Meerut, Danapur, and Allepey (Alappuzha).
- Ayurveda centres are already in place in 37 cantonment Hospitals, 12 military hospitals of AFMC and Ayurveda OPD in AH R&R, AF Hospital Hindan and five ECHS polyclinics.
- Ministry of Ayush – Sarbananda Sonowal,Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Assam) – Dr. Mahendra Munjpara,Minister of State (Surendranagar,Gujarat)
- Ministry of Defence – Rajnath Singh,Union Minister (Lucknow,UP) – Ajay Bhatt,Minister of State (Nainital–Udhamsingh Nagar,Uttarakhand)
Science and Technology
ISRO’s LVM-3 successfully launches 36 satellites, completing OneWeb constellation
- Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) LVM-3, in its second commercial launch, placed 36 OneWeb satellites in orbit, completing the first-generation constellation enabling the UK-based company to initiate global coverage this year.
- It was the sixth launch for India’s heaviest rocket LVM-3 – which includes the launch of Chandrayaan-2 in 2019.
- The 36 satellites were placed in orbits in nine batches of four satellites each.
- The satellites in total weighed 5,805 kg.
- The satellites were also placed at a lower 450-km circular orbit in the current mission, as against the 600-km orbit during previous missions.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) – 15/08/1969 (Founded) – Bangalore, India (HQ) – Sreedhara Somanath (Chairman)
IndusInd Bank appoints Vikas Muttoo as COO of Bharat Financial Inclusion
- IndusInd Bank has appointed Vikas Muttoo as COO (Chief Operating Officer) and Head Member Services of wholly-owned subsidiary Bharat Financial Inclusion.
- Prior to this, he was the MD and CEO of RBL FinServe, the bank’s Microfinance business.
- IndusInd Bank Limited – April 1994 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – Sumant Kathpalia (MD & CEO) – “We Make You Feel Richer” (Tagline)
RIL names V Srikanth as new CFO
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) appointed Venkatachari Srikanth as its new chief financial officer (CFO) from June 1, 2023, replacing Alok Agarwal.
- Alok Agarwal will move to the role of a Senior Advisor to the Chairman and Managing Director.
- Both the new roles will come into effect from June 1, 2023.
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) – 1958 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – Mukesh Ambani (MD & CEO)
Centre appoints 3 New Chief Justices for High Courts of Allahabad, Patna and Chhattisgarh
- At Allahabad High Court, Justice Pritinker Diwaker has been appointed as the Chief Justice, He previously served as a Judge for Allahabad High Court.
- For the Chhattisgarh High Court, Justice Ramesh Sinha has been appointed as the new Chief Justice, He also served at the Allahabad High Court before his appointment as CJ of Chhattisgarh HC.
- Lastly, Justice K Vinod Chandran has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court, He previously served as a judge at the Kerala High Court.
Former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff to head BRICS Bank
- Former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff was “unanimously” elected as the head of the New Development Bank (NDB), a multilateral financial institution set up by the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries.
- Rousseff, 75, succeeds her compatriot Marcos Troyjo.
- New Development Bank (NDB) (BRICS Development Bank) – 15/07/2014 (Founded) -Shanghai, China (HQ) – Dilma Rousseff (President)
Daily Current Affairs - March 26 & 27, 2023 - Consolidated
- Centre notifies revised MGNREGA wage rates
- Government says 70 project worth Rs 2,856 crores sanctioned under Sagarmala Programme
- 79 crore ration cards digitized under the Public Distribution System in India
- “One Nation, One Policy” for Organ Donation and Transplantation
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
- One District One Product (ODOP) approved for 713 districts under PMFME Scheme
- Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav launches Aravalli Green Wall Project in Gurugram
- Jagan government under YSR Aasara offered Rs 19,178 crore for women empowerment
- PM Modi inaugurates medical institute at Chikkaballapur in Karnataka
- PM visited Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- J&K Bank signs corporate agency pact with Bajaj Allianz Life
- ADB gives up to ₹754 crores loan to SAEL Industries for waste-to-energy projects
- RBI imposes Rs 30 lakh penalty on Karur Vysya Bank
- World Bank approves $108 million to improve Assam’s flood, disaster preparedness
- MoU signed between Ministry of Ayush and Department of ex-servicemen welfare, Ministry of Defence
- ISRO’s LVM-3 successfully launches 36 satellites, completing OneWeb constellation
- IndusInd Bank appoints Vikas Muttoo as COO of Bharat Financial Inclusion
- RIL names V Srikanth as new CFO
- Centre appoints 3 New Chief Justices for High Courts of Allahabad, Patna and Chhattisgarh
- Former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff to head BRICS Bank
Daily Current Affairs - February, 2023
Aspirants can check the Daily Current Affairs which is uploaded in our Veranda Race Website from the links that are provided below.
|Day||Current Affairs Link|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 1, 2023||Will be Updated|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 2, 2023||Will be Updated|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 3, 2023||Will be Updated|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 4 & 5, 2023||Click Here|
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.