Daily Current Affairs – March 30, 2023
Daily Current Affairs - Banking - March 30, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Download – LEGEND Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
India becomes first country to develop its own system for estimating TB cases
- India has become the first country to develop a country-level mathematical model to estimate the prevalence of tuberculosis (TB) cases in the country.
- The model was presented before the delegates from 40 countries taking part in the 36th Stop TB Partnership Board meeting in Varanasi.
- Using this model, TB incidence and mortality estimate data for India will be available by March every year.
- Notably, the data will be released months before the annual World Health Organization (WHO) estimates are released in October.
- World Health Organization (WHO) – 07/04/1948 (Founded) – Geneva, Switzerland (HQ) – Tedros Adhanom (Director-General)
MoS for Finance Dr. Bhagwat Kishanrao Karad inaugurates First Trade & Investment Working Group Meeting in Mumbai
- Union Minister of State for Finance Dr. Bhagwat Kishanrao Karad, inaugurated the First Trade & Investment Working Group Meeting in Mumbai.
- In the first session, the Institute of Economic Growth (IEG), Delhi, World Bank (WB), and United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) delivered a presentation on ‘Trade for Growth and Prosperity’.
- Later a presentation on the topic ‘Trade and Resilient Global Value Chains’ will be made by the Indian School of Business Hyderabad and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Ministry of Finance – Nirmala Sitharaman,Cabinet Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka) – Bhagwat Karad, Minister of State (Rajya Sabha MP,Maharashtra) & Pankaj Choudhary, Minister of State (Maharajganj,UP)
Lok Sabha passes Competition (Amendment) Bill 2022
- The Lok Sabha, passed the Competition (Amendment) Bill 2022 without discussion.
- The Bill seeks to amend the Competition Act, 2002 to regulate mergers and acquisitions based on the value of transactions.
- The Bill stipulates that deals with a transaction value of more than two thousand crore rupees will require the Competition Commission of India’s approval.
- The Bill also proposes to reduce the timeline for the CCI to pass an order on such transactions from 210 days to 150 days.
Indian Railways network operate average of 10,378 trains including 2032 mail & express services on daily basis
- The Indian Railways network is operating an average of 10 thousand 378 trains including 2032 mail and express services on a daily basis.
- The previous year the total average number of passenger train services per day was 2687.
- Ministry of Railways – Ashwini Vaishnaw,Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Odisha) – Raosaheb Danve,Minister of State (Jalna,Maharashtra) Darshana Jardosh,Minister of State (Surat,Gujarat)
MP CM Chouhan inaugurates Army Fair in Bhopal
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the military fair and arms exhibition on the grounds of Motilal Vigyan Mahavidyalaya, Bhopal.
- CM was presented a memento of Fauji Mela-2023.
- Madhya Pradesh – Bhopal (Capital) – Shivraj Singh Chouhan (CM) – Mangubhai C. Patel (Governor) – Hindi (Language)
All AP villages to soon have digital libraries at Rs 450 crores
- The Andhra Pradesh government is planning to establish 10,960 digital libraries in every village in the state at an outlay of Rs 450 crore, seeking to educate the poor.
- M Mandapati Seshagiri Rao, Chairman of Andhra Pradesh Grandhalaya (Library) Parishad made the announcement on the sidelines of a review meeting with state library department officials.
- The first digital library was established in Kadapa.
- Andhra Pradesh – Amaravati (Capital) – Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy (CM) – S. Abdul Nazeer (Governor) – Telugu (Language)
Uttarakhand: Ramnagar ready to host first G20 summit
- Ramnagar in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand hosted the first G20 summit in the state.
- Around 70 foreign delegates reached Ramnagar to discuss four agendas -The One Health opportunity to tackle the pandemic and disease control, Coordination in global efforts enhancing reach to scientific knowledge, diversity, similarity inclusiveness and reach in the field of science and technology and inclusive, incessant and action-oriented global policy in regard to science and technology.
- Uttarakhand – Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer) (Capital) – Pushkar Singh Dhami (CM) – Gurmit Singh (Governor) – Hindi (Language)
Chandigarh to host 2nd Agricultural Deputies Meeting of AWG
- The second Agricultural Deputies Meeting of Agricultural Working Group is going to be held at Chandigarh.
- The delegates from 19 member countries, 10 invited countries and 10 International Organizations will be part of the second Agricultural Deputies Meeting.
- On the first day of the meeting, AMIS Secretariat will be organizing the 12th session of the AMIS Rapid Response Forum, which will highlight the food market situation, status and development, identifying capacity building needs and the impact of financial factors on importing countries.
- The second and third day will be dedicated for drafting of the Communiqué along with the member countries, which will be focusing on the four thematic areas viz. food security and nutrition, sustainable agriculture with climate smart approach, inclusive agricultural value chains and food systems and digitalization for agricultural transformation, which were put forth in the Issue Note during first ADM of AWG.
- Chandigarh – Chandigarh (Capital) – Banwarilal Purohit (Administrator) – English (Language)
Banking and Finance
NPCI partners with payment aggregators for merchant transactions through credit cards on UPI
- After the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) allowed linking RuPay credit cards to the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) last year, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), which operates retail payments and settlement systems in the country, has joined hands with various payment aggregators to enable merchant transactions through RuPay credit cards on UPI.
- NPCI has enabled key aggregators like BharatPe, Cashfree Payments, Google Pay, Razorpay, Paytm, PayU and Pine Labs to enable merchant transactions through RuPay credit cards on UPI in the Indian market.
- Payment aggregator, also known as merchant aggregator, is a third-party service provider or a middleman that allows merchants to accept payment through cash/cheque, e-wallets, online payments, credit or debit card payments, cash cards, etc., from customers through various bank accounts or financial institutions without the need to set up a merchant account in each bank.
- RBI in February this year had granted in-principle approval to 32 entities including Amazon Pay India, Google India Digital Services, Zomato Payments, Razorpay Software, Reliance Payment Solutions, etc., to operate as online payment aggregators.
- National Payments Corporation of India – 2008 (Founded) – Mumbai (HQ) – Dilip Asbe (MD & CEO)
PPI merchant transactions of over ₹2,000 to attract 1.1% charge from April 1
- Starting April 1, merchant transactions exceeding ₹2,000 in value done using Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPI Wallets) on UPI will attract an interchange charge of 1.1%.
- However, “the new interchange charges are only applicable for the PPI merchant transactions and there is no charge to customers,” the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), which governs UPI.
World Bank approves USD 363 mln to improve drinking water supply in Karnataka
- The World Bank’s Executive Board of Directors approved a USD 363 million loan to Karnataka to provide clean drinking water supply to two million rural households in the state through a piped water connection.
- The loan has a maturity of 13.5 years including a grace period of two years.
- World Bank – December 1944 (Founded) – Washington DC (HQ) – David Malpass (President)
JICA signs loan agreements with India for Raj, West Bengal projects
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has signed a loan agreement with India to provide Japanese official Development Assistance (ODA) loan amounting to Rs 1,056 crore for the Rajasthan Water Sector Livelihood Improvement Project (II).
- The Rajasthan Water Sector Livelihood Improvement Project (II) is 2nd tranche of The Rajasthan Water Sector Livelihood Improvement Project (I) which was signed on March 31, 2017.
- The project is a continuation of the “Rajasthan Minor Irrigation Improvement Project (RAJAMIIP)” from 2005 to 2015 under Japanese ODA loan.
- In a separate statement, JICA said it has signed a loan agreement with India to provide Japanese ODA loan amounting to Rs 520 crore for the Project for Forest and Biodiversity Conservation for Climate Change Response in West Bengal (WB-FBCCCR).
- Japan – Tokyo (Capital) – Japanese yen (Currency) – Naruhito (Emperor) – Fumio Kishida (Prime Minister) – Japanese (Language)
Razorpay partners with UIDAI to provide seamless payments for Aadhaar services, set to process over 70% of daily transactions
- Razorpay has entered into a partnership with UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) to process payments for online Aadhaar services.
- The UIDAI allows Aadhaar holders to update their Aadhaar data — like names, and addresses — online and charges a fee of Rs.50 for these services.
- It is these transactions that Razorpay will support with its payment gateway.
- The UIDAI website currently handles over 80,000 such transactions per day and there was a need for a robust payment solution to ensure high success rates while handling such a large volume of transactions.
- The Razorpay tie-up will enable citizens accessing online Aadhaar services to enjoy a seamless secure payment experience.
- Razorpay Software Private Limited – 2013 (Founded) – Bangalore (HQ) – Harshil Mathur (CEO)
Business and Economy
Investment target under mobile PLI scheme increases to Rs 5,124 crores
- The cumulative investment under the production-linked incentive scheme to boost mobile manufacturing has increased to Rs 5,124 crore till December from the Rs 3,726 crore target set earlier for the current fiscal.
- The cumulative investment target for the entire scheme period is Rs 7,000 crore.
- Over the tenure of the PLI Scheme, the 16 approved companies are expected to lead to a total production of more than Rs 8,12,550 crore.
- Out of the total production of Rs 8,12,550 crore in the next 5 years, around 60 per cent is expected to be contributed by exports of the order of Rs 4,87,530 crore.
Science and Technology
Government directed to block over 30,000 web links since 2018
- The government issued directions to block 30,310 web links, including social media links, accounts, channels, pages, apps, web pages, websites etc since 2018.
- Electronics and IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw informed the Lok Sabha that the committee constituted under IT Rules examined a total of 41,172 URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) that were received from nodal officers in various ministries, departments and states for blocking under section 69A of IT Act 2000.
- Ministry of Electronics and IT – Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister (Rajya Sabha MP,Odisha) – Rajeev Chandrasekhar,Minister of State (Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka)
1,89,402 Gram Panchayats made Service Ready under BharatNet
- A total of one lakh 89 thousand 402 Gram Panchayats, GPs has been made Service Ready under BharatNet.
- The BharatNet project is being implemented in a phased manner to provide broadband connectivity to all GPs including villages in the country.
- Mr Vaishnaw said a pilot project for rolling out five lakh Fibre to the Home (FTTH) connections using BharatNet through BharatNet Udyamis in GPs and Villages has also been assigned to Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) – 15/09/2000 (Founded) – New Delhi (HQ) – Pravin Kumar Purwar (Chairman & MD)
Rajib K Mishra takes over as CMD of PTC India
- Rajib K Mishra had taken over as its Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of PTC India Ltd.
- Prior to this, Mishra has worked as Executive Director PTC since October 2011 and was responsible for operations, business development, retail & advisory services.
- PTC India Limited (Power Trading Corporation of India Limited) – 16/04/1999 (Founded) – New Delhi (HQ) – Dr.Rajib.K.Mishra (Chairman & MD)
IPL 2023: Ranveer Singh collaborates with Star Sports as brand ambassador
- Star Sports has announced its partnership with Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh as its brand ambassador.
- Ranveer Singh is arguably the first actor to be associated with Star Sports.
- The development is a testimony to the growing synergy between the entertainment and sports industry.
- The partnership between the broadcaster and Ranveer Singh will start with the opening weekend of Tata IPL 2023.
- The partnership goes beyond IPL and covers other sporting events such as World Test Championship Final, Premier League, Pro Kabaddi, Asia Cup, and ICC Cricket World Cup.
Ranks and Indices
Passport Index points: India ranks at 144th spot in 2023
- The Passport Index published its latest update, revealing that India’s Mobility Scores has fallen.
- India experienced the largest global drop on the Index this year.
- It fell from a mobility score of 71 ahead of the pandemic in 2019, rising to 73 in 2022 as it rode the post-pandemic wave of increasing mobility.
- As of March 2023, its mobility score sits at 70.
- India’s ranking has fallen by six places so far this year, now individually ranked 144 in 2023 as opposed to 138 in 2022.
India's defence exports will rise up to Rs 40,000 crore by 2026
- India would be exporting defence equipment and material worth Rs 35,000 to Rs 40,000 crore by 2026.
- The defence minister was delivering the Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw memorial lecture here on ‘The role of youth in nation building’, organized by Symbiosis International University.
- He was confident that by 2026, defence sector exports would rise to Rs 35,000 to Rs 40,000 crore.
- Ministry of Defence – Rajnath Singh,Union Minister (Lucknow,UP) – Ajay Bhatt,Minister of State (Nainital–Udhamsingh Nagar,Uttarakhand)
Daily Current Affairs - March 30, 2023 - Consolidated
- India becomes first country to develop its own system for estimating TB cases
- MoS for Finance Dr. Bhagwat Kishanrao Karad inaugurates First Trade & Investment Working Group Meeting in Mumbai
- Lok Sabha passes Competition (Amendment) Bill 2022
- Indian Railways network operate average of 10,378 trains including 2032 mail & express services on daily basis
- MP CM Chouhan inaugurates Army Fair in Bhopal
- All AP villages to soon have digital libraries at Rs 450 crores
- Uttarakhand: Ramnagar ready to host first G20 summit
- Chandigarh to host 2nd Agricultural Deputies Meeting of AWG
- NPCI partners with payment aggregators for merchant transactions through credit cards on UPI
- PPI merchant transactions of over ₹2,000 to attract 1.1% charge from April 1
- World Bank approves USD 363 mln to improve drinking water supply in Karnataka
- Razorpay partners with UIDAI to provide seamless payments for Aadhaar services, set to process over 70% of daily transactions
- Investment target under mobile PLI scheme increases to Rs 5,124 crores
- Government directed to block over 30,000 web links since 2018
- 1,89,402 Gram Panchayats made Service Ready under BharatNet
- Rajib K Mishra takes over as CMD of PTC India
- IPL 2023: Ranveer Singh collaborates with Star Sports as brand ambassador
- Passport Index points: India ranks at 144th spot in 2023
- India’s defence exports will rise up to Rs 40,000 crore by 2026
Daily Current Affairs - February, 2023
Aspirants can check the Daily Current Affairs which is uploaded in our Veranda Race Website from the links that are provided below.
|Day||Current Affairs Link|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 1, 2023||Will be Updated|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 2, 2023||Will be Updated|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 3, 2023||Will be Updated|
|Daily Current Affairs – February 4 & 5, 2023||Click Here|
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.