Daily Current Affairs – July 04, 2023
Daily Current Affairs - Banking - July 04, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Download – LEGEND Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
India virtually hosted SCO summit
- India virtually hosted the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit.
- The summit will witness the participation of Chinese President Xi Jinping, and Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif.
- The meeting of the SCO Heads of State will be chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The major issues that are expected to be on the agenda include terrorism, regional security and prosperity.
- The theme of India’s chairship of SCO- SECURE is derived from the acronym coined by PM Modi at the 2018 SCO Qingdao Summit.
- It stands for S: Security, E: Economic development, C: Connectivity, U: Unity, R: Respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity, E: Environmental protection.
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) – 15/06/2001 (Founded) – Beijing, China (Secretariat) – Members (6 countries) – Zhang Ming (Secretary General) – Chinese & Russian (Official Language)
India, UK electric propulsion technical workshop held in New Delhi
- An India-UK electric propulsion technical workshop was held in New Delhi to foster collaboration, exchange knowledge, and explore the exciting possibilities in the field of electric propulsion, the Ministry of Defence.
- For exploring the exciting possibilities in electric propulsion, the workshop was organised.
- The day-long workshop was co-chaired by Rajeev Prakash, Joint Secretary (Naval Systems) from the Indian side, and Commodore John Voyce, Naval Base Commander Portsmouth from the UK side.
- The workshop provided an important venue for academics, researchers, and industry professionals from both countries to gather, share views, and engage in meaningful discussions about developing electric propulsion for ships.
- United Kingdom – London (Capital) – Pound Sterling (Currency) – Charles III (Monarch) – Rishi Sunak (Prime Minister) – English (Language)
Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid foundation stone of 11 NH projects worth Rs 5600 Crore in Pratapgarh, Rajasthan
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 11 NH projects worth Rs 5600 Crore in Pratapgarh, Rajasthan.
- Four national highway projects with a total length of 219 km and costing Rs 3,775 crore were inaugurated today in Rajasthan.
- This 6-laning project from Kishangarh to Gulbapura section on National Highway 48 will accelerate the economic and social development of Ajmer and Bhilwara districts.
- The 6-laning of Gulabpura to Chittorgarh section will strengthen the mutual connectivity of Udaipur, Jaipur and Kota regions of Bhilwara and Chittorgarh districts.
- The construction of 4-lane ROB on National Highway 162A at Fatehnagar will solve the problem of traffic jam at railway crossing.
- Construction of high level bridge on Chambal river in Mandrayal under CRIF was inaugurated.
- With the construction of this bridge connectivity will be maintained between Mandrayal, Karauli in Rajasthan and Sabalgarh in Madhya Pradesh.
- Foundation stone of 7 projects costing Rs 1850 crore and total length of 221 km was also laid.
- These projects will provide direct connectivity from the famous religious place Nathdwara to Udaipur airport.
- In Rajasthan, approval of 74 projects under CRF at a cost of 2250 crores was also announced during this program.
- The work on these projects will start soon.
- Rajasthan – Jaipur (Capital) – Ashok Gehlot (CM) – Kalraj Mishra (Governor) – Hindi (Language)
Guidance TN, StartupTN join hands to launch industry forums to boost investment ecosystem
- Tamil Nadu Start-up and Innovation Mission, (StartupTN), functioning under the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, as the nodal agency for start-up and Innovation, and Guidance Tamil Nadu have decided to work jointly to boost the ecosystem for investments across industries.
- As a first measure of their joint effort, StartupTN has launched the Automotive, Electric Vehicle, and Smart Mobility Forum, an initiative for stakeholder engagement.
- This is the first industry forum and they have planned to launch such initiatives for 30 different sectors this year.
- Tamil Nadu – Chennai (Capital) – MK Stalin (CM) – RN Ravi (Governor) – Tamil (Language)
Tripura CM Dr. Manik Saha inaugurated National Conference on Buyers & Sellers of Agricultural Products in Agartala
- Tripura Chief Minister Dr. Manik Saha inaugurated a one-day National Conference on Buyers and Sellers of agricultural products in, Agartala.
- The conference-cum-exhibition was jointly organised by the state Horticulture and Soil Conservation department and APEDA, Government of India.
- The meet also had an interactive session among the sellers, buyers and investors from different states of the country.
- Tripura – Agartala (Capital) – Manik Saha (CM) – Satyadev Narayan Arya (Governor) – Bengali, English, Kokborok (Language)
Hyderabad to host international plastic expo in August
- An international plastic expo, titled HIPLEX 2023, will be held at Hitex in Hyderabad from August 4 to 7.
- Over 500 businesses are likely to showcase their products during the exhibition, which will be organised on over 20,000 square metres.
- The businesses will include those dealing in process machinery; printing and packaging materials; raw materials; moulds and die; post processing equipment; quality testing equipment; and research and development solutions.
- The exhibition, being organised by Telangana and Andhra Plastics Manufacturers Association, is expected to generate business worth ₹500 crores, said Vimalesh Gupta and other leaders of the association.
- It will showcase the latest technology and machinery used in the manufacturing of raw materials and various products made of plastic and petrochemicals, spokesperson for the event Anil Reddy Vennam.
- The plastic industry will continue to grow despite alternatives to plastics.
- There will be an exclusive pavilion for recycling and startups working in this space, said Suresh Chandra Lahoti, chairman and advisory committee of HIPLEX.
- Telangana government, Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET), All India Plastic Manufacturers Association are among those supporting the exhibition.
- Telangana – Hyderabad (Capital) – K Chandrashekar Rao (CM) – Tamilisai Soundarajan (Governor) –Telugu (Language)
Rajasthan CM Gehlot transfers ₹146 crores in financial aid to orphaned children
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot released a payment of ₹146.74 crore to the ‘Labharthis’ (beneficiaries) of Palanhar Yojana.
- The scheme is meant for orphaned children and others who are raised mainly by their relatives, acquaintances and family friends.
- The direct benefit transfer carried out at a function held at Mr. Gehlot’s official residence here included the assistance of ₹59.38 crore for June to 5.92 lakh beneficiaries and ₹87.36 crore for July to 5.91 lakh beneficiaries.
- Rajasthan – Jaipur (Capital) – Ashok Gehlot (CM) – Kalraj Mishra (Governor) – Hindi (Language)
Banking and Finance
HSBC launched Global Private Banking in India for high net-worth professionals
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Corporation Bank (HSBC) has launched its Global Private Banking (GPB) business in India to serve high-net-worth (HNW) and ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) professionals, entrepreneurs and their families.
- HSBC said the new business is aimed at clients with investable assets of more than $2 million.
- The launch further demonstrates the bank’s commitment to lead wealth management in Asia, by offering world-class wealth solutions, global private banking expertise, an extensive international network and access to commercial banking, global banking & markets capabilities.
Agreements and MoUs signed
MoU to Enhance Food and Agriculture Collaboration between UAE and India
- Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ) and the Indian Chamber of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at promoting mutual growth and development in the food and agriculture sectors of the UAE and India.
- The agreement, signed by RAKEZ Group CEO Ramy Jallad and ICFA Chairman Dr. MJ Khan, strengthens the strategic collaboration between the two countries.
- The partnership aims to facilitate knowledge exchange, trade promotion, investment, and research and development collaboration.
- Significance of the MoU, emphasizing the commitment to strengthen relationships with international organizations like ICFA and recognizing India’s role as a strategic trade and investment partner for the UAE.
- The MoU will facilitate promotional activities for trade, market access, and business matchmaking between Indian food and agriculture companies and businesses within the RAKEZ ecosystem.
- RAKEZ and ICFA will actively identify and promote investment opportunities for Indian businesses in the economic zone, serving as an attractive gateway to the Middle East.
- The agreement also focuses on fostering research and development collaborations between Indian and RAKEZ-based institutions.
- The primary areas of focus include agricultural innovation, crop improvement, sustainable farming practices, and food processing technologies.
- Both organizations believe that this partnership will stimulate economic growth and foster innovation in the food and agriculture sectors in India and the UAE.
CSIR, AIDC signed MoU to strengthen competitiveness of local automotive industry
- The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and the Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to strengthen the global competitiveness of the local automotive industry.
- The CSIR partnership with AIDC, a wholly owned subsidiary company of the Gauteng Growth and Development Agency, signals a significant milestone in advancing the growth and development of the South African automotive industry.
- The MoU, the CSIR said, provides a framework for joint programmes and co-development initiatives with an intent to bolster the sector.
- Acting CSIR Group Executive, Sipho Mbhokota, said he was elated about this move, which also has the potential to unlock employment.
India, South Asia signed MoU to increase Regional Cooperation in anti doping in sport
- NADA India signed an MoU with South Asia Regional Anti-Doping Organization (SARADO), comprising of Anti-Doping Organizations of Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka, at the NADA India – SARADO Cooperation Meet in New Delhi, in the presence of Shri Anurag Singh Thakur Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports and Information & Broadcasting, Government of India, Ms. Sujata Chaturvedi, Secretary (Sports), Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India, SARADO Secretariat & Member Country Representatives of Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- The MoU aims to increase the Regional Cooperation in anti doping in sport.
- The MoU, through the project plan and areas of cooperation, aims to fulfill the following objectives over a period of three years: developing an anti-doping education & prevention program in South Asia; training & upskilling sample collection personnel, educators & other anti-doping education officers; organizing courses, seminars, workshops, research & exchange tours on anti-doping education & prevention; facilitating exchange of education officers, program managers, trainers, teachers and specialists on anti-doping education & prevention; supporting anti-doping education activities and exchanging services with experts; and producing anti-doping education literature.
Science and Technology
DAY-NRLM launched eSARAS mobile App to market products made by women of SHGs
- Taking another step of strengthening marketing support for products made by women of Self-help Groups (SHGs), Deendayal Antyodaya Yojna- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) launched eSARAS mobile App which will add to eCommerce initiatives for products made by the SHGs.
- The App was launched by Shri Shailesh Kumar Singh, Secretary, Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India at New Delhi.
- Shri Singh also inaugurated eSARAS Fulfillment Centre at the Ministry’s Janakpuri office in New Delhi.
- The eSARAS fulfillment centre will be managed by the Foundation for Development of Rural Value Chains (FDRVC – a Not for Profit Company constituted jointly by Ministry of Rural Development and Tata Trust) and will be used for processing, packaging and shipping of products that customers purchase through the eSARAS Portal and eSARAS mobile App.
- It will handle the logistics required to bring an online order to a customer’s doorstep.
- eSARAS an e-commerce mobile app will be used as a more effective platform for marketing of the products made by women of self-help groups.
- It is an initiative conceptualized by the DAY-NRLM, Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), towards the marketing of the best, authentic handicrafts and hand-looms.
- It as an initiative which promotes the spirit of Vocal for Local even further with easier marketing of products prepared by SHG Didis.
- The Ministry is targeting that each SHG Household has at least 2-3 sources of livelihoods.
- One of the multiple sources of livelihoods of the poor is non-farm enterprise.
- The major intervention in non-farm livelihoods is provision of market linkages for SHG products.
- Through the eSARAS mobile App, the handmade products made by SHG Didis are now available at everyone’s fingertips in even more customer friendly way.
- Ministry of Rural Development – Giriraj Singh,Union Minister (Begusarai,Bihar) – Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti,Minister of State (Fatehpur,UP), Faggan Singh Kulaste,Minister of State (Mandla,MP)
QU Dongyu of China re-elected FAO Director-General
- QU Dongyu was re-elected to a second term as Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
- In ballot by FAO member countries, Qu received a total of 168 out of 182 votes deposited.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) – 16/10/1945 (Founded) – Rome (HQ) – Qu Dongyu (Director General)
Coal India Appoints P M Prasad as Chairman-cum-Managing Director
- Coal India Limited announced the appointment of P M Prasad as the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the company with effect from 1st July 2023.
- Prior to this he was holding charge of Chairman cum-Managing Director (CMD) of Central Coalfields Limited (CCL).
- Under his leadership, NCL was awarded at the World Environmental Conference in June 2018 for outstanding work in environment conservation.
- He took over the charge of CMD, Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL) in August 2019.
Ranks and Indices
Women's singles BWF World rankings
PV Sindhu (Slipped 3 position)
Awards and Recognitions
Nageshwar Reddy gets FTCCI Lifetime Achievement Award
- Padma Bhushan Awardee Nageshwar Reddy, Chairman and Managing Director of AIG Hospitals, has been conferred with the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ instituted by the Federation of Telangana Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FTCCI).
- The award was presented to him by Telangana IT and Industries Minister KT Rama Rao.
- He received the Padma Shri award in 2002 and Padma Bhushan award in 2016.
Austrian Grand Prix 2023
World Sports Journalist Day 2023
- Every year, World Sports Journalist Day is celebrated on July 2 across the world.
- In 1994, the International Sports Press Association (AIPS) established World Sports Journalist Day, the day commemorates the formation of AIPS as an organization on July 2 during the Summer Olympics in Paris.
International Plastic Bag Free Day 2023
- International Plastic Bag Free Day is celebrated on July 3 every year.
- The initiative was started by the Bag Free World campaign, a global movement aiming to reduce the use of single-use plastic bags that inspired other parts of the world to participate in Plastic Bag Free Day.
- In 2008, Zero Waste Europe launched a campaign against single-use plastic bags on which was on 3 July.
- In 2015, the European Union also passed certain directives to reduce the usage of single-use plastic bags.
Defence Secretary urges private sector to invest more in Aeronautical Quality assurance research and testing
- Defence Secretary Shri Giridhar Aramane address at Workshop on QA Reforms in Military Aviation for Promoting Indigenous R&D and Manufacturing in New Delhi.
- The Defence Secretary was chief guest at the function organized by Directorate General of Aeronautical Quality Assurance (DGAQA), MoD and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM).
- Government was committed to ensure Quality Assurance (QA) in military aviation and taking appropriate measures to remove obstacles in indigenization of Defence manufacturing industry.
- Ministry of Defence – Rajnath Singh,Union Minister (Lucknow,UP) – Ajay Bhatt,Minister of State (Nainital–Udhamsingh Nagar,Uttarakhand)
Daily Current Affairs - July 04, 2023 - Consolidated
- India virtually hosted SCO summit
- India, UK electric propulsion technical workshop held in New Delhi
- Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid foundation stone of 11 NH projects worth Rs 5600 Crore in Pratapgarh, Rajasthan
- Guidance TN, StartupTN join hands to launch industry forums to boost investment ecosystem
- Tripura CM Dr. Manik Saha inaugurated National Conference on Buyers & Sellers of Agricultural Products in Agartala
- Hyderabad to host international plastic expo in August
- Rajasthan CM Gehlot transfers ₹146 crores in financial aid to orphaned children
- HSBC launched Global Private Banking in India for high net-worth professionals
- MoU to Enhance Food and Agriculture Collaboration between UAE and India
- CSIR, AIDC signed MoU to strengthen competitiveness of local automotive industry
- India, South Asia signed MoU to increase Regional Cooperation in anti doping in sport
- DAY-NRLM launched eSARAS mobile App to market products made by women of SHGs
- QU Dongyu of China re-elected FAO Director-General
- Coal India Appoints P M Prasad as Chairman-cum-Managing Director
- Women’s singles BWF World rankings
- Nageshwar Reddy gets FTCCI Lifetime Achievement Award
- Austrian Grand Prix 2023
- World Sports Journalist Day 2023
- International Plastic Bag Free Day 2023
- Defence Secretary urges private sector to invest more in Aeronautical Quality assurance research and testing
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.