Daily Current Affairs – March 04, 2023
Daily Current Affairs - Banking - March 04, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Download – LEGEND Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
Adani Green says its operating renewable portfolio reaches 8,024 MW -- largest in India
- Adani Green Energy (AGEL), the renewables arm of the Adani Group, announced that its fourth wind-solar hybrid power plant at Jaisalmer in Rajasthan is fully operational and the asset has been capitalised.
- The combined operational generation capacity of this newly added hybrid power plant is 700 MW and has a power purchase agreement (PPA) at Rs 3.24/kwh for 25 years.
- This new hybrid power plant consists of a combination of 600 MW solar and 510 MW wind plants.
- AGEL now has the largest operating renewable portfolio in India with 8,024 MW.
Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL) – 2015 (Founded) – Ahmedabad (HQ) – Vneet S Jain (MD & CEO)
MSME Minister Shri Narayan Rane Launches FIRST to Support Digitization of MSMEs in India
- Shri Narayan Rane, Hon’ble Minister of MSME, announced the launch of FIRST, the Forum for Internet Retailers, Sellers, and Traders in the presence of over 400 retailers and seller organizations.
- The aim of FIRST is to create awareness and support MSMEs across India on the opportunities that will help them go digital and become self-reliant.
- Over 17,200 enterprises based in India across the retail, trade and commerce sector, selling goods and services, have registered with the Forum.
Ministry of Micro,Small and Medium Enterprises – Narayane Rane,Cabinet Minister (Rajya Sabha MP) – Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma,Minister of State (Jalaun,UP)
Centre fixes wheat procurement target at 34.15 million tonnes for 2023-24
- The government has fixed a wheat procurement target of 34.15 million tonnes for the 2023-24 marketing year starting April, higher than 18.79 million tonnes purchased in the previous year.
Over 1 crore farmers benefitted from ongoing paddy procurement: Food Ministry
- Over 1 crore farmers have benefitted from the paddy procurement for KMS 2022-23 (Kharif crop).
- Around 713 LMT of paddy up to March 1 this year procured and the MSP outflow of Rs 1,46,960 crore has been transferred directly into farmers’ accounts.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries – Pashupati Kumar Paras,Cabinet Minister (Hajipur,Bihar) – Prahlad Singh Patel,Minister of State (Damoh,MP)
Govt plans to develop 600 wayside amenities on highways by 2025
- To improve the commuting experience on highways, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) will develop wayside amenities at more than 600 locations by the financial year 2024-25.
- Those amenities will be developed every 40-60 km of current and upcoming national highways and expressways.
NHAI – 1995 – Dwarka, Delhi – Santosh Yadav (Chairman)
95% of India's 2022-23 tea exports target would be achieved: Govt
- India’s tea exports are expected to achieve more than 95 per cent of the set targets of USD 883 million despite various geo-political, geo-economic and logistical challenges in 2022-23, said the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry – Piyush Goyal,Cabinet Minister (Rajya Sabha MP) – Anupriya Patel,Minister of State (Mirzapur,UP) , C R Choudhary,Minister of State
Network Planning Group formed under PM GatiShakti recommends 66 projects worth Rs 5L crores
- By Shailesh Yadav Sixty-six big-ticket infrastructure projects worth about Rs 5 lakh crore of different ministries including road and railways have been recommended by the Network Planning Group (NPG) constituted under the PM GatiShakti initiative, since last October.
NHPC pays interim dividend of Rs 997.75 crore to govt for 2022-23
- NHPC has paid an interim dividend of Rs 997.75 crore to government of India for the financial year 2022-23 on 2nd March 2023.
- The NHPC had already paid Rs 356.34 crore to the government during the current fiscal 2022-23 on account of final dividend for the financial year 2021-22.
- Thus, the NHPC has paid total dividend of Rs 1,354.09 crore to the government during the financial year 2022-23.
- NHPC today has more than eight lakh shareholders and total interim dividend pay-out for the financial year 2022-23 worked out to Rs 1,406.30 crore.
National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) – 1975 (Founded) – Faridabad, Haryana (HQ) – Shri Rajeev Kumar Vishnoi (Chairman & MD)
Australia's Deakin becomes first foreign university to get nod to set up campus in India
- The International Financial Services Centre Authorities (IFSCA) has given approval to Deakin University of Australia to set up its campus in Gujarat’s GIFT City.
- With this approval, Deakin has become the first foreign university that will set up its campus in India.
- Australia – Canberra (Capital) – AUS Dollar (Currency) – Charles III (Monarch) – Anthony Albanese
President Droupadi Murmu inaugurates 7th International Dharma Dhamma Conference in MP's Bhopal
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the Seventh International Dharma Dhamma Conference, organised by the India Foundation in collaboration with the Sanchi University of Buddhist-Indic Studies, in Madhya Pradesh’s capital Bhopal.
- Madhya Pradesh – Bhopal (Capital) – Shivraj Singh Chouhan (CM) – Mangubhai C. Patel (Governor)
Reliance will create 50,000 new job opportunities in Andhra: Mukesh Ambani
- Reliance will create 50,000 new job opportunities in Andhra Pradesh and will promote sale of products made in the state through retail business, Chairman Mukesh Ambani.
- Reliance Retail has partnered with more than 1.2 lakh grocery merchants in 6,000 villages of Andhra Pradesh.
- RIL will to set up a 10 gigawatt renewable solar energy project.
- The GMR Group which is in the process of developing an international airport at Bhogapuram near here will be investing Rs 5,000 crore on the aerodrome in the first phase.
- Jindal Steel & Power limited will be investing Rs 10,000 crore for setting up a 3 mn tonne per annum steel plant in Andhra Pradesh.
- Adani group will set up two new cement manufacturing plants, 15,000 MW of renewable power projects and a data centre in Andhra Pradesh.
- Andhra Pradesh – Amaravati (Capital) – Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy (CM) – S. Abdul Nazeer (Governor)
Goa aims for 100 pc renewable energy usage by 2050: CM Sawant
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said the state government has set a goal to ensure 100 per cent renewable energy usage across all sectors by 2050.
- Addressing the second edition of Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) Conference on Clean Renewable Energy 2023 here, Sawant said the state government’s plan is expected to create around 15,000 jobs.
- The Goa government has set a goal to achieve 100 per cent renewable energy usage across all sectors in the state by 2050.
- Goa – Panaji – Pramod Sawant (CM) – PS Sreedharan Pillai (Governor) – Konkani (Language)
Jharkhand government tables Rs 1.16 lakh crore budget for FY’24 in assembly
- The Jharkhand government tabled a Rs 1.16 lakh crore budget for the 2023-24 fiscal in the assembly.
- The budgetary estimates for FY24 were 15 per cent higher than the previous annual financial statement.
- The Hemant Soren government had presented a budget of Rs 1.01 lakh crore for the financial year 2022-23.
- Jharkhand – Ranchi – Hemant Soren (CM) – CP Radhakrishnan (Governor) – Hindi (Language)
Syngenta India builds Rs 3.3-crore rural wayside market in Telangana
- Agri-input firm Syngenta India has built a modern rural wayside market in Wanaparthy district, Telangana at a cost of Rs 3.3 crore for the benefits of farmers.
- This market will cater to over 20,000 farmers by providing them safe place to do their business and consumers of over 30 villages and urban areas around this district headquarter.
- Telangana – Hyderabad (Capital) – K. Chandrashekar Rao (CM) – Tamilisai Soundararajan (Governor) – Telugu (Language)
Amplus Solar to set up 200 MWp wind & solar hybrid project at Tuticorin
- Clean energy solutions provider Amplus Solar announced an association with EverRenew, an NTC group company, to set up a 200 MWp open-access solar power plant at Tuticorin, in Tamil Nadu.
- The 200MWp plant is expected to generate approximately 450 million units of green electricity in the first year of its operation itself.
- The wind-solar hybrid plant in Tamil Nadu is Amplus’ second open-access project in the state.
- Tamil Nadu – Chennai (Capital) – MK Stalin (CM) – RN Ravi (Governor) – Tamil (Language)
Banking and Finance
PNB makes Positive Pay System mandatory for cheque payments worth Rs 5 lakh and above
- In a move to safeguard customers from fraudulent payment of cheques, state-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) has made the Positive Pay System (PPS) compulsory for cheque payments worth Rs 5 lakh and above.
- This will come into effect from April 5, 2023.
- Earlier, the mandatory submission of cheque details in PPS was set at Rs 10 lakh and above.
- The PPS is a system developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), which requires customers to reconfirm essential details (account number, cheque number, cheque alpha code, issue date, amount, and beneficiary name) when issuing cheques of a certain amount.
Punjab National Bank – 19/05/1894 – Dwarka, New Delhi – Atul Kumar Goel (MD & CEO) – “The Name You Can Bank Upon”
Tata Power partners with Enel Group to power digitalisation, automation
- Tata Power joined hands with Enel Group — one of the largest integrated players in the global power and renewable markets — for implementing two key pilot projects through former’s Delhi based distribution business.
- The first pilot project will focus on to accelerating digitalisation and automation of secondary substations and see Tata Power joining the international co-creation programme of Gridpertise’s proprietary QEd Quantum Edge Device.
- The other project is aimed at deploying Gridpertises’ metering technology on a pilot basis in the Delhi power distribution network.
Cindy McCain appointed next head of the UN World Food Programme
- Cindy McCain will become Executive Director (ED) of the UN World Food Programme (WFP) from next month.
- Currently serving as the United States Ambassador to the UN agencies in Rome – which includes lifesaving food relief agency WFP – the wife of the late US Senator and Republican presidential candidate, John McCain.
- WFP – 19/12/1961 – Rome,Italy – David Muldrow Beasley (ED)
CPV's Politburo member Vo Van Thuong elected as Vietnam's new President
- Vo Van Thuong, a member of the Politburo of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV), was elected as the new President of Vietnam.
- Vietnam – Hanoi (Capital) – Vietnamese dong (Currency) – Nguyễn Phú Trọng (General Secretary) – Phạm Minh Chính (Prime Minister) – Võ Văn Thưởng (President) – Vietnamese (Language)
Capital A appoints Aswani Chaitanya as VP of investments
- Capital A, a venture fund for early-stage startups, has appointed Aswani Chaitanya as its vice president of Investments.
Awards and Recognitions
Deepika Padukone to present award at Oscars 2023
- Bollywood star Deepika Padukone will presenting an award at the upcoming Oscars 2023, where India is nominated in three categories — Original Song, Documentary Feature and Documentary Short.
- The 95th Academy Awards will be held on March 12 at Los Angeles’ Dolly Theatre.
- Deepika has previously represented India as a jury at the 75th-anniversary celebration of the Cannes Film Festival 2022.
- She also unveiled the FIFA World Cup trophy in Lusail Stadium on December 18 before the final between Argentina and France.
- Oscar (Academy Award) – 16/05/1929 – Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science
Health Ministry gets Porter Prize 2023 for Government's strategy in managing COVID-19
- Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry has received the Porter Prize 2023.
- It recognized the government’s strategy in managing COVID-19, also the approach, and involvement of various stakeholders especially involvement of ASHA workers in the industry to create PPE Kits.
- The prize was announced during The India Dialog at Stanford University.
- Porter Prize is named after award-winning economist Michael E. Porter.
Books and Authors
HarperCollins Publishers India acquires a brand new crime thriller series by India's master storyteller, Ashwin Sanghi
- HarperCollins India is delighted to announce the acquisition of a 3-book crime thriller series by master storyteller and author of the bestselling Bharat series, Ashwin Sanghi.
- The series introduces the flawed but brilliant ex-cop Prakash Kadam, or ‘Kutta’ Kadam, as he is known among his fellow policemen and associates, and follows his exploits as he hunts down criminals on Mumbai’s streets.
- HarperCollins Publishers India Pvt. Ltd. – 1991 – New Delhi – Ananth Padmanabhan (CEO)
Former CJI A M Ahmadi dies at 90
- Former Chief Justice of India A M Ahmadi died after a brief illness.
- Born on March 25, 1932, in Surat, Justice Ahmadi was the 26th Chief Justice of India.
- In 1964, Ahmadi was appointed a civil and sessions judge in Ahmedabad and went on to become the state’s law secretary.
- In 1976, he was appointed a judge of the Gujarat High Court and was elevated to the Supreme Court in 1988.
- He was the CJI from October 1994 to March 1997.
India athletes Aishwarya Babu, MV Jilna banned by NADA for doping
- India’s triple jumper Aishwarya Babu and sprinter MV Jilna have been banned by India’s National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) and Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU), respectively, after both tested positive for the drugs prohibited by World Anti-doping Agency (WADA).
- Aishwarya won a gold medal in the triple jump during the National Inter-State Championships in June last year, with a leap of 14.14 m establishing a new national record.
- NADA – 24/11/2005 – New Delhi – Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports
Health Ministry celebrates Jan Aushadhi Diwas 2023
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in collaboration with the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI), States and Union Territories are celebrating the 5th Jan Aushadhi Diwas 2023 across the country on March 7.
- It is being celebrated under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
- Janaushadhi Diwas week to be observed from 1st March to 7th March.
- The theme of the day this year is ‘Jan Aushadhi-Jan Upyogi’.
- The PMBJP stores have swelled to over 8,675 in 734 districts in the country.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – Mansukh L. Mandaviya ,Cabinet Minister (Rajya Sabha MP) – Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar,Minister of State (Dindori,Maharashtra)
Daily Current Affairs - March 04, 2023 - Consolidated
- Adani Green says its operating renewable portfolio reaches 8,024 MW — largest in India
- MSME Minister Shri Narayan Rane Launches FIRST to Support Digitization of MSMEs in India
- Centre fixes wheat procurement target at 34.15 million tonnes for 2023-24
- Over 1 crore farmers benefitted from ongoing paddy procurement: Food Ministry
- Govt plans to develop 600 wayside amenities on highways by 2025
- 95% of India’s 2022-23 tea exports target would be achieved: Govt
- Network Planning Group formed under PM GatiShakti recommends 66 projects worth Rs 5L crores
- NHPC pays interim dividend of Rs 997.75 crore to govt for 2022-23
- Australia’s Deakin becomes first foreign university to get nod to set up campus in India
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurates 7th International Dharma Dhamma Conference in MP’s Bhopal
- Reliance will create 50,000 new job opportunities in Andhra: Mukesh Ambani
- Andhra Pradesh – Amaravati (Capital) – Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy (CM) – S. Abdul Nazeer (Governor)
- Jharkhand government tables Rs 1.16 lakh crore budget for FY’24 in assembly
- Syngenta India builds Rs 3.3-crore rural wayside market in Telangana
- Amplus Solar to set up 200 MWp wind & solar hybrid project at Tuticorin
- PNB makes Positive Pay System mandatory for cheque payments worth Rs 5 lakh and above
- Tata Power partners with Enel Group to power digitalisation, automation
- Cindy McCain appointed next head of the UN World Food Programme
- CPV’s Politburo member Vo Van Thuong elected as Vietnam’s new President
- Capital A appoints Aswani Chaitanya as VP of investments
- Deepika Padukone to present award at Oscars 2023
- Health Ministry gets Porter Prize 2023 for Government’s strategy in managing COVID-19
- HarperCollins Publishers India acquires a brand new crime thriller series by India’s master storyteller, Ashwin Sanghi
- Former CJI A M Ahmadi dies at 90
- India athletes Aishwarya Babu, MV Jilna banned by NADA for doping
- Health Ministry celebrates Jan Aushadhi Diwas 2023
Daily Current Affairs - March, 2023
Aspirants can check the Daily Current Affairs which is uploaded in our Veranda Race Website from the links that are provided below.
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.