Daily Current Affairs – May 13, 2023
Daily Current Affairs - Banking - May 13, 2023
Dear Banking Aspirants,
Prepare for the Daily Current Affairs with Veranda Race who is the pioneer in the Banking Exam Coaching. Current Affairs section is one of the important Scoring section in the Mains of many Banking Exams like SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB CLERK and multiple Insurance Exams.
Veranda Race is committed to provide Daily Current Affairs for all the days for the students who are preparing for Banking & Insurance Exams.
Check Daily for the Daily Current Affairs and also for the Quizzes to prepare for the upcoming Banking & Insurance Exams in 2023.
Download – LEGEND Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
- The third G20 Development Working Group’s meeting ended in Goa.
- As many as 80 delegates from the member as well as invitee countries participated in the meeting.
- Youth 20 (Y20) group’s Y20 Consultation was held at University of Kashmir.
- 17 Youth delegates from G20 countries like Indonesia, Mexico, Turkey, Russia, Japan, Republic of Korea, United States, Brazil and Nigeria participated in the two-day Y20 Consultation at University of Kashmir in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir.
- 108 students from University of Kashmir, 34 students from schools around J&K, 57 students from colleges around Srinagar, 11 students colleges and universities in Jammu, 33 DoYA delegates, 25 Y20 Secretariat delegates and 25 student activists also participated in the Y20 Consultation.
Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar flagged off the 3rd SemiconIndia FutureDESIGN Roadshow at IIT Delhi
- The Minister of State for Electronics & Information Technology and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar launched the 3rd SemiconIndia futureDESIGN Roadshow at IIT Delhi.
- Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar has said NextGen devices & electronics products will be architected, designed and co-designed in India, through these schemes like Semicon India Future Design Program.
- In December 2021, the Centre had initiated the India Semiconductor Mission with an incentive outlay of Rs 76,000 crore to attract investments in the sector.
6th Indian Ocean Conference began in Dhaka
- Bangladesh hosted the 6th Indian Ocean Conference (IOC) scheduled to be held between in Dhaka.
- High-level government delegations and think tanks from about 25 countries are expected to take part in the IOC.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the conference and later host a dinner in honour of the guests in the evening.
- The meeting will discuss aspects strengthening cooperation between the countries of the Indian Ocean region.
- The 6th edition of the Conference is being organised by India Foundation in association with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh and S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies The Conference endeavours to bring critical states and principal maritime partners of the region together on a common platform to deliberate upon the prospects of regional cooperation for Security And Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR).
PM Modi inaugurated and laid foundation stones of various projects in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stones of projects worth around Rs 4,400 crore at another event at Mahatma Mandir and visit the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) to review the status of various ongoing works.
- He also participated in Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Sangh Adhiveshan, which is the 29th Biennial Conference of the All India Primary Teachers’ Federation.
- The theme of this conference is Teachers are at the Heart of Transforming Education.
- He also inaugurated and lay the foundation stones of developmental projects worth over Rs 2,450 crore in Gandhinagar.
- These include projects of the Urban Development Department, Water Supply Department, Road and Transport Department and Mines and Minerals Department.
- The prime minister will also inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) – rural and urban – projects and participate in the Griha Pravesh of around 19,000 houses built under the scheme.
- He will hand over keys to the beneficiaries of the scheme during the programme.
- The total outlay of these projects is around Rs 1,950 crore.
Union MoS Dr. L. Murugan chaired meeting to review and strengthen fisheries sectors of Assam
- Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting and Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Dr. L. Murugan has chaired a meeting in Guwahati to review and strengthen the fisheries sectors of Assam with Parmal Suklabaidya, Minister of Fisheries, Transport & Excise, Government of Assam and assured all possible support from the Center to uplift fisheries production in the state.
- The Union MoS took also stock of the performance of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana(PMMSY) & various projects undergoing under NABARD.
Union Minister Arjun Munda reviewed progress of various schemes implemented by Tribal Affairs Ministry in Palakkad district
- In Kerala, the Union Minister of Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda said that the Gram Panchayat Development Plan should be prepared in consultation with Women Self Help Groups and Farmer Producer Organisations for the holistic development of villages.
- The Minister was speaking at a meeting organised to review the progress of various schemes being implmented by the Tribal Affairs Ministry at the Kerala Institute of Local Administration at Attappady, a tribal-dominated area in Palakkad district.
- He called for special focus to strengthen the implementation of the Prime Minister’s Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups Development Mission.
Kerala 1st Indian State to Have Drone Surveillance In All Police Districts
- Kerala has become the first state in the country to have a drone surveillance system in all police districts in the state.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan distributed the drones to all police districts and the drone pilot licences to the specially trained drone pilots.
- He also launched indigenously developed anti-drone software on the occasion.
Rs 65,000 crores given to farmers in 5 years under Telangana's Rythu Bandhu scheme
- The Telangana government has released Rs 65,000 crore to over 70 lakh farmers under the Rythu Bandhu Scheme during the past five years.
- Under Rythu Bandhu, (Agriculture Investment Support Scheme) every farmer is provided Rs 10,000 financial assistance per acre per year.
- Telangana is the only state which has set up more than 7,000 rice grain collection centres unlike anywhere else in the country and is buying the entire commodity.
Ministry of Power & Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change to develop Carbon Credit Trading Scheme for Decarbonisation
- The government plans to develop the Indian Carbon Market (ICM) where a national framework will be established with an objective to decarbonise the Indian economy by pricing the Green House Gas (GHG) emission through trading of the Carbon Credit Certificates.
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power, along with Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change are developing the Carbon Credit Trading Scheme for this purpose.
- A one-day ‘Stakeholder Consultation on Accredited Carbon Verifiers under ICM’ was organized in New Delhi with participants drawn from key stakeholders including Accredited Energy Auditors, Carbon/Energy Verifiers, Sector Experts etc.
- Cyclone Mocha located in the Bay of Bengal.
- Yemen suggested the name ‘Mocha’, which is supposed to be pronounced as Mokha.
- The cyclone has been named after a Red Sea port city known for its coffee production.
Gucci appointed Alia Bhatt as first global brand ambassador from India
- Italian luxury fashion house Gucci has announced Alia Bhatt as its first global brand ambassador from India.
- The announcement comes after Bhatt’s recent debut at the Met Gala in New York City.
- As per reports, Bhatt will make an appearance at Gucci’s upcoming Cruise 2024 showcase in Seoul, South Korea.
- The show will be staged at the Gyeongbokgung Palace on May 16, 2023, marking 25 years of the opening of the first Gucci store in Seoul.
Madhup Vyas appointed as Mizoram chief electoral officer
- The Mizoram government has appointed Madhup Vyas as the new chief electoral officer.
- Vyas, a 2000-batch IAS officer of Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territories (AGMUT) cadre, has also been designated as the secretary to the Mizoram government in charge of the election department.
Charting the Course for India – Tourism Megatrends Unpacked
- India’s tourism industry is on track to reach USD 1 trillion by 2047, with data-led tourism set to be a key driver of growth, according to a report.
- The report by digital payments player Visa Inc. and professional services firm EY titled ”Charting the Course for India – Tourism Megatrends Unpacked,” takes a long-term view of India’s tourism industry, beyond the pandemic’s impact, and identifies mega-trends expected to shape the sector over the next decade.
- It highlighted that international tourists in India spend 26x more than domestic, hence attracting global visitors is key.
India topped list of 10 nations accounting for 60 per cent maternal deaths: Report
- India tops the list of 10 countries that account for 60 per cent of global maternal deaths, stillbirths and newborn deaths, according to a report.
- It further noted that India accounts for 51 per cent of the world’s live births.
- India is followed by Nigeria, Pakistan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, China, Indonesia, Afghanistan and Tanzania, said a report by WHO, UNICEF and UNFPA.
- Sub-Saharan Africa and Central and Southern Asia are the regions experiencing the largest number of deaths.
Awards and Recognitions
OSL bagged "Best Stevedores for the Year 2022-23" award from Paradip Port Authority
- Orissa Stevedores Limited (OSL) has recently been adorned with the prestigious “Best Stevedores for the Year 2022-23” award by the Paradip Port Authority (PPA) for handling highest cargo.
- The coveted award and certificate was received by Harihar Dash, G.M. (Comml) and Subash Acharya, G.M. (O) from P.L. Haranadh, Chairman, PPA in a grand ceremony.
- OSL Group has already bagged the Best Logistic Company of the Year for successful diversification in multiple logistics in the 7th Edition of East Coast Maritime Forum 2022 held in Kolkata as well as organized by the EXIM India Shipping Times.
Cochin Port bagged Sagar Shreshta award from Shipping Ministry
- Cochin Port has bagged Sagar Shreshta Award of Ministry of Ports Shipping & Waterways for best performance among all Indian Major Ports for best turnaround time in non-container port category, during the year 2022-23.
- Union Minister for Ports, Shipping & Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal has given the award to M. Beena, Chairperson, Cochin Port Authority at a function held in New Delhi.
Men’s World Boxing Championships
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has congratulated Deepak Bhoria, Hussamuddin, and Nishant Dev for their performance in the Men’s World Boxing Championships at Tashkent.
- For the first time ever, Indian boxers have ensured three medals at the World Boxing Championships.
Ayushmann Khurrana to Lead Initiative To Cheer On Indian Team At Special Olympics
Ayushmann Khurrana to lead initiative to cheer on Indian team at Special Olympics in Berlin, Germany.
International Nurses Day
- International Nurses Day (IND) is annually observed around the world on 12 May (the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth) each year, to mark the contributions that nurses make to society.
- The International Council of Nurses (ICN) has celebrated this day since 1965.
- Theme – Our Nurses. Our Future.
International Day of Plant Health
- International Day of Plant Health is celebrated globally on May 12.
- International Day of Plant Health was established in 2022 by the United Nations.
- Theme – Plant Health for Environmental Protection
Daily Current Affairs - May 13, 2023 - Consolidated
- G20 Session
- Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar flagged off the 3rd SemiconIndia FutureDESIGN Roadshow at IIT Delhi
- 6th Indian Ocean Conference began in Dhaka
- PM Modi inaugurated and laid foundation stones of various projects in Gujarat
- Union MoS Dr. L. Murugan chaired meeting to review and strengthen fisheries sectors of Assam
- Union Minister Arjun Munda reviewed progress of various schemes implemented by Tribal Affairs Ministry in Palakkad district
- Kerala 1st Indian State to Have Drone Surveillance In All Police Districts
- Rs 65,000 crores given to farmers in 5 years under Telangana’s Rythu Bandhu scheme
- Ministry of Power & Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change to develop Carbon Credit Trading Scheme for Decarbonisation
- Cyclone Mocha
- Gucci appointed Alia Bhatt as first global brand ambassador from India
- Madhup Vyas appointed as Mizoram chief electoral officer
- Charting the Course for India – Tourism Megatrends Unpacked
- India topped list of 10 nations accounting for 60 per cent maternal deaths: Report
- OSL bagged “Best Stevedores for the Year 2022-23” award from Paradip Port Authority
- Cochin Port bagged Sagar Shreshta award from Shipping Ministry
- Men’s World Boxing Championships
- Ayushmann Khurrana to Lead Initiative To Cheer On Indian Team At Special Olympics
- International Nurses Day
- International Day of Plant Health
Do you wish to crack Banking Exams in 2023 ? - Register Now
Take your first step to your DREAM GOVERNMENT JOB
Enquire for Next Batch.