What are the Government Exams in Tamil Nadu?
It is a dream for every individual to procure a government job and have a safer career for themselves. The best part about a government job is the job security. Earlier, government jobs were a lucrative option only for the people who wanted stability in their careers, but the remuneration they earned from it was not up to the mark. According to new revisions in salaries announced by the union government, there has been an increase in the monthly payout for all government jobs irrespective of ranks.
To get any government job in India, you must clear specific exams to meet the eligibility for the recruitment process. After you clear the exam, the recruiting agency conducting that particular exam will decide whether the candidate is fit for the position or not using interviews, document verification and medical fitness (if applicable) and then the posting of the candidate is finalised. In Tamil Nadu, aspiring candidates have many opportunities to get a reputed government job in the Tamil Nadu Government. Candidates must be aware of the exams conducted to fill vacancies in departments of the Tamil Nadu Government be able to apply at the right time.
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) releases an annual calendar every year to let the candidates know about upcoming exams and the latest vacancies for different posts. With the help of this TNPSC annual calendar, candidates can easily choose the exam they want to appear for.
Other than this, candidates can also appear in major bank exams, insurance exams, SSC exams and Railway exams that are conducted across the country. This article will help candidates regarding the various government exams they can attend in Tamil Nadu and their eligibility criteria to attend these exams.
Candidates can be 10th pass, 12th pass, Undergraduate or Postgraduate. They can check the eligibility criteria for different posts in the official notification when it is published and make an informed choice. In this article, we will be answering the most asked question, what are the government exams in Tamil Nadu?
Here is a detailed list of government exams in which candidates can appear in Tamil Nadu.
- Bank Jobs – Grade A Officer, Grade B Officer, Probationary Officer, Clerk/Junior Associate, Assistant, Specialist Officer, Assistant Manager, etc.
- Insurance Jobs – Assistant Manager, Administrative Officer, Assistant, Assistant Development Officer, Assistant Administrative Officer, etc.
- Central Government Jobs –Tax Assistant, Customs Officer, Vigilance Officer, Sub-Inspector in CBI, Assistant Enforcement Officer, Inspector in Central Bureau of Narcotics, Officer in the Ministry of External Affairs, Auditor under CAG, Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks, etc.
- Railways Jobs – Station Masterm Junior Engineer, Junior Engineer (IT), ALP Technician, Assistant Loco Pilot, Trains Clerk, Junior Time Keeper, Traffic Assistant, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Commerical Apprentice, etc.
- Police Jobs – Police Constable, Inspector, Sub-Inspector, Forest Guard, Forest Ranger ACIO Officer, etc.
These jobs are highly reputed and also come with handsome remuneration. For example, the job seekers of Tamil Nadu can get ₹ 5,200 to ₹ 1.41 lakhs per annum depending on their educational qualification and the post that they have applied for.
Candidates require some documents to appear for an interview for a government job in Tamil Nadu. Here is the list of such documents-:
- Candidates must carry their original birth certificate and a photocopy.
- All the reserved category students must bring their caste certificate for document verification.
- Any candidates having any form of physical disability will also have to show their certificate for verification.
- Students must carry their 10th mark sheet.
- Candidates must bring their 12th mark sheet.
- Candidates have to add their email ID and mobile number on a signed paper used as an official document.
- Candidates must also carry their signatures on scanned paper.
- Candidates will also have to take scanned copies of their passport-size photographs.
List of Government Exams in Tamil Nadu
There are different jobs that candidates from Tamil Nadu can get, and all these jobs will have different eligibility criteria and exams corresponding to them. For example, suppose a student is a graduate. They can apply for numerous exams like TNSPC Group I, Group II/IIA, SSC CGL, SBI PO, IBPS PO, SBI Clerk, IBPS Clerk, TNUSRB SI, UPSC CAPF, UPSC CSE, SBI SO, IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB Clerk, etc.
Students, who want to know about what the government exams in Tamil Nadu are, can check this list of exams given below.
Who Should Apply?
TNPSC Group 1
TNUSRB Police Constable
10th Pass Candidates
TNPSC Combined Engineering Services
TNPSC Group 2/2A
TNPSC Group 4
10th Pass Candidates
TNPSC Group 3
TNFUSRC Forest Guard
12th Pass Candidates
B.Ed or D.Ed Graduates
TNPSC Group 2
Is the information related to the Tamil Nadu Government exams available online?
Yes, information related to all the Tamil Nadu Government exams is available online. Candidates can visit the official TNPSC website for the specific department post vacancies to learn about the important dates, syllabus, pattern and eligibility criteria for the exams.
Is the selection procedure the same for all the jobs after cracking a Government Exam in Tamil Nadu?
No, the selection criteria for every post differ. Every candidate must check for all the information related to the specific post beforehand on the official notification for the selection procedure to prepare themselves accordingly and in a correct manner.
How frequently does the TNPSC provide job updates on the vacancies of Government Jobs in the Tamil Nadu Government?
The TNPSC makes official announcements as notifications for every vacancy of different posts on its official website as soon as the job is available and it is updated regularly. Also, TNPSC releases the annual TNPSC Exam calendar to let the candidates know about the upcoming exams in the year.
Which government exam in Tamil Nadu is the simplest to crack?
The TNPSC Group IV is much easier to crack than other exams because it can be attended by candidates who have cleared class 10.
Which government job in Tamil Nadu pays the most?
The highest-paid position is Deputy Collector, selected through the TNPSC Group 1 Exam, which pays a starting salary of ₹ 56,100 per month.
What is the age limit for Tamil Nadu government jobs?
Candidates must be at least 18 years old. OBC, SC, ST, PWD and other reserved-category applicants are exempt from the age limit. Only people in the General/Unreserved category are subject to this age limit.
Find out more by giving us a call!