RRB Recruitment Process (for Non – Technical Posts)
The RRB Exam consists of 4 Phases. Candidates will be selected based upon their performance in the following tests:
1. Written Test.
2. Skill Test.
3. Document Verification.
4. Medical Fitness Test.
1) Common Preliminary Examination.
2) Main (second stage) Exam followed by Verification of documents.
|Group||Categories||Method of Selection|
|I.||Safety category posts, for which psychological test has been prescribed, like ASM, SM, Asst. driver (Electric/diesel)||Single written examination followed by Psycho test (No interview)|
|II.||Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC)
1. Under-Graduate categories like Junior clerk, account Clerk, ticket Collector, Commercial Clerk.
2.Graduate categories like senior Clerk, Junior accounts Assistant, Commercial App. Traffic App. ECRC etc.
|Two stage written examination (No Interview)|
1) Candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Exam will again have to apply separately for Main (second stage) Examinations.
2) There will be negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong answer.
Detailed Process for Each Post:
|Post Category||Grade Pay||Stage 1||Stage 2||Final Stage|
|Commercial Apprentice||GP-4200||CBT||NR||Document Verification|
|Traffic Apprentice||GP-4200||CBT||NR||Document Verification|
|Enquiry – cum – Reservation Clerk||GP-2800||CBT||NR||Document Verification|
|Goods Guard||GP-2800||CBT||NR||Document Verification|
|Junior Accounts Assistant-cum- Typist||GP-2800||CBT||Typing Test||Document Verification|
|Senior Clerk – cum – Typist||GP-2800||CBT||Typing Test||Document Verification|
|Assistant Station Master||GP-2800||CBT||Aptitude Test||Document Verification|
|Traffic Assistant||GP-2800||CBT||Aptitude Test||Document Verification|
|Sr. Time Keeper||GP-2800||CBT||Typing Test||Document Verification|
Note: CBT – Computer Based Test. NR – Not Required.
Stage – 2: Typing Test
- For the posts of Cat No: 5, 6, & 9 (Sr.Clerk cum Typist, JAA, Sr.Time Keeper) Typing Skill Test of qualifying nature (marks obtained in typing skill test shall not be added for making merit) shall be conducted.
- The number of candidates equal to eight times the number of vacancies shall be called for.
- The candidates should be able to type 30 WPM in English or 25 WPM in Hindi on Personal Computer only with disabling editing tools and spell check facility.
- For skill test in Hindi, KrutiDev and Mangal font shall be made available for skill test on Personal Computer. The merit will be drawn only for the candidates qualified in the typing skill test based on performance in CBT
- Exemption in Typing Skill Test may be extended to PWD candidates having disability of more than 40%. Such candidates are required to bring typing skill test exemption certificate to the Type Test centre issued by competent medical board
- For the posts of Cat. No. 7 & 8 (ASM, Traffic Assistant) Aptitude Test shall be conducted for which candidates equal to eight times the number of vacancies shall be called for.
- The merit will be drawn only for the candidates qualifying in the aptitude test, with 70% weightage being given to the marks obtained in the CBT and 30% weightage being given to the marks obtained in aptitude test.
- Candidates called for Aptitude Test for the post of ASM & Traffic Assistant are required to bring Vision Certificate to Aptitude Test centre from an Eye Specialist on prescribed proforma as per Annexure – IX of notification, failing which they will not be allowed to appear in the Aptitude Test.