Kerala PSC University Assistant detailed syllabus and exam pattern and question papers
How to Crack IBPS PO in First Attempt [2022 Updated]
IBPS RRB PO 2022 notification is now out with 8106 vacancies.
Banking aspirants eagerly waiting for the IBPS RRB 2022 notification must have felt relieved now after knowing the total vacancies.
Aspirants who will be giving this exam for the first time must be curious to know some handful of tips by which they can probably clear the IBPS RRB PO 2022 exam on the very first attempt.
In this article, we want to guide the aspirants with some tips to crack the exam in one go.
IBPS PO Exam Overview 2022
On an yearly basis, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts recruitment exams for PSCs and RRBs. These examinations are required for candidates who hope to work in the banking sector. When it comes to the public sector banks, the IBPS PO entrance exam is generally regarded as the hardest among the examinations provided by the board. Because of the difficulty as well as the higher level of competitors, the competition for the IBPS PO is more difficult than the IBPS Clerk examination.
We have compiled these tips based on feedback from people who have successfully passed the institute’s written examination. As a large number of candidates have applied to the IBPS PO exam over recent years, the competition has increased. The syllabus of the IBPS PO exam contains a variety of topics that candidates should master in order to pass the test on their very first try. The tips below can assist you to clear the bank exams on your first try and will partially answer your question about: How to clear IBPS PO exam in first attempt?
7 Smartest Ways to Crack IBPS PO Exams
1. Prepare a study plan: Aspirants must pay close attention to the syllabus and exam pattern before preparing for IBPS PO, and create a study plan that encompasses all the topics covered therein. Exam question papers from previous years should be analysed and revised periodically in the study plan.
2. Pick good study materials: For the process of preparing for the IBPS exam, candidates must have good quality books. Candidates can take advantage of the right study materials for covering topics for each subject of the assessment. To build up your speed and accuracy, you should first cover all the basics in all areas.
3. Practice daily: When practised regularly, the best results are achieved. The exam has a time limit, which makes it necessary to study within the same time limit and maintain meticulous time planning. Mock tests are a good way to practice the test format because they give an overview of the questions. The process also enables to increase the pace and consistency needed for each phase, helping to improve scores.
4. Check previous year’s papers: Analysing prior year’s papers can provide candidates with a better insight into how the exam is set and the pattern of the test. They can identify what subjects are commonly asked and what subjects are less relevant.
5. Include all key topics: Topics that are asked about every year have a tendency to repeat themselves. Students must identify these topics in advance and prepare according to them. Once the fields in which they are less competent have been identified, it is important to put more focus on those.
6. Speed up reading: Regularly reading newspapers is important for aspirants. Besides improving the candidate’s reading speed and English comprehension, current affairs should also be covered for the exam preparation. You’ll read about business, international relations, national politics and economics.
7. Don’t tense yourself up: It is essential for the competitors to practice and prepare regularly, but there is still a possibility that they will panic or become stressed out. Maintaining calm while preparing for the test is very essential, as is building up your confidence.
Subject-wise Tips To Crack IBPS PO in First Attempt
As a way to be prepared for the IBPS PO exam, one must focus on each subject, plan a rigorous study regimen, and practice regularly. Following are the subjects that you should concentrate on, in decreasing order of significance:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Computer Knowledge
Examining IBPS PO requires candidates to write 2 papers with objective-type questions. Cut-off marks are set by the board for every stage of the test and the overall exam. This implies that candidates will incur serious penalties for failing any section. During the next few sections, strategies for studying for each section have been provided:
IBPS Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude:
The questions in this category are fundamental numerical questions intended to test the mathematical ability of the candidates. The best way to master IBPS PO quantitative aptitude is to start by mastering those questions that are simple and don’t require any calculations. Most questions in this category are based on such topics as Sequences and Series, Number systems, Data Interpretation, Ratios and Proportions, Quadratic Equations, and Percentages & Averages. Using shortcut techniques and strategies in this category will enable you to solve questions faster and better. Moreover, you should practice as frequently as possible.
For this category, it’s best to go through previous years’ question papers since many questions follow similar patterns every year. To understand every topic included in the IBPS syllabus, aspirants should also look for the book ‘Quantitative Aptitude’ by Radhe Shyam Aggarwal.
You should study the following concepts to perform well in this category:
- Ratio and proportion
- Mixture & allegation
- Quadratic equations
- Data sufficiency
- Problems on ages
- Profit, Loss & Discount
- Work and time
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Time and distance
- Boats and streams.
IBPS Preparation Tips for Reasoning
The logic category of the examination does not require only mathematical skills, but it is based entirely on logic. The verbal reasoning component is split into two categories: non-verbal and verbal reasoning. In this category, you need to pay attention to the below topics
- seating arrangements
- coding and decoding
- Blood Relations.
- Direction Sense
- Data Sufficiency
- Alphanumeric series
- Coding Decoding
Mock tests and previous year’s question papers are available for practising reasoning ability topics.
In order to study this topic, students can turn to Radhe Shyam Aggarwal’s book on reasoning. Candidates should practise the questions that are more important.
IBPS Preparation Tips for the English Language
For candidates with a high level of proficiency in English, this category may not be necessary. Those who have learned English as a second language must, however, pay heed to the structure and grammar of their sentences. The material to be covered in the exam are:
- Para Jumbles
- Error Spotting
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Cloze Test
- Idioms And Phrases
- Reading Comprehension
Candidates are more likely to lose scores in the English language category because of the similarity of options available for every question. Wren & Martin’s High School English Grammar and Composition is an excellent resource for IBPS PO. Also, candidates ought to read some fictional and non-fictional books in order to enhance their reading comprehension. Practising previous year’s question papers is also helpful.
IBPS Preparation Tips for General Awareness
All questions relevant to Economics, Finance, and Banking are included in the General Awareness category. You should study the following concepts to perform well in this category:
- History of Banking
- Economics and Finance
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies
- Banking Terminology
- RBI Functions
- Current Affairs
- National and International Affairs
- Banking and Finance
- Economy and Business
- Science and Technology
- Important Days
- Static General Knowledge
In the General Awareness category, there are many queries that are relevant to banking and applicants must practice for the Banking Awareness category. Applicants should also practice for this part of the test thoroughly since it is the most challenging one. Even between the PO mains and preliminary exams of a given year, the format of the questions differs significantly. In order to prepare for this category, we recommend that you read The New Indian Express and The Hindu newspapers.
IBPS Preparation Tips for Computer knowledge
In the IBPS exam paper, the category on computer knowledge is considered to be the easiest. It is enough for applicants to have a working knowledge of major Microsoft Office and operating systems. Basic questions about networking and hardware might also be asked. Preparation for the below topics is essential:
- Software, computer hardware and popular OS (Mac, Windows and Ubuntu)
- Keyboard shortcuts in Mac and Windows
- MS Office
- Important computer relevant concepts
- Computer abbreviations
- Basic internet and networking topologies
Aspirants can learn about these topics by reading their software’s manuals and from reading books on fundamental computer skills like NCERT Information and Communication Technology.
We hope this detailed guide on how to crack IBPS PO in the first attempt helps you if you are stuck.
As a career path within banking, IBPS PO is a highly desirable career path that is why it requires rigorous preparation. It is possible to pass the exam on your very first attempt if you use the right preparation strategy along with your coaching. Examinees preparing for IBPS PO must understand how the exam will be conducted and the syllabus. To help aspirants pass the exam easily, aspirants should follow the best IBPS PO preparation tips. Plan strategically, study smartly and don’t waste time to score the maximum marks in the exam.
Please feel free to contact us with your queries. We will get back to you.
Kerala PSC Lineman Recruitment Notification Out. Last date to apply: 14.12.2022
Kerala Treasury Recruitment 2022 : Last date to apply is 30th November 2022
BOI SO: Selection Process & Exam Pattern Qualifying Marks Descriptive Test Interview Process preparation tips
Karala PSC University Assistant Notification 2022 is expected to be released in this coming December 2022.