Candidate’s knowledge, leadership abilities, communication skills and capacity to work hard under pressure, etc. will be evaluated by the interview board in the IBPS PO Interview Selection process.
- The interview board consists of 4-5 members, including eminent bankers and a psychologist.
Do you know why a psychologist is included in the interview panel?
- The psychologist will be there to observe you and your body language as body language accounts for about 70 percent of your communication with the other person and can create an impression within seconds consciously or subconsciously
So how to create the first impression?
- Believe it or not! The dressing is the key factor to create the first impression. Try to wear smart, well-ironed formal.
- Tip for women: Women can wear a plain and light-colored cotton saree or salwar kameez with a plain dupatta or a blazer with a light-colored blouse and trousers. Try to use minimal jewelry and makeup.
- Tip for men: Men can go for a plain light-colored shirt and dark-colored trousers and a plain tie. A blazer would be good during the winter season. Make sure your shoes are polished, you are clean-shaven and your hair is neat.
What to do when you enter the room?
- Offer a warm handshake and Greet them. A strong handshake shows confidence and an open personality ready for a challenge. Greet the panel after entering with a firm handshake and do not sit until you have been asked to take a seat.
How to sit and talk?
- Sit up straight and do not slouch. Good body posture indicates you are eager and attentive.
- Maintain eye contact while you speak as it shows how comfortable you are and indicates that you know what you are talking about.