How to crack SSC MTS exam ?
SSC MTS recruitment exam is being conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. The MTS exam is a gateway for recruitment in government sector for the post of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff, Group “C” Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Central Government Departments/Offices.
Selection process includes two steps
- Written Examination: Paper-1 will have objective type questions.
- Skill Test: Paper-2 will be only qualifying in nature.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- There shall be two papers i.e. Paper -1 and Paper – 2.
- Paper-1 will be objective type.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Paper-1 question paper will be set both in English & Hindi.
- Paper- 2 will be descriptive in nature and it is qualifying in nature.
- Paper – 2 will be comprised of a Short Essay/Letter to be written in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
- Paper-2 is intended to test the elementary language skills of the candidates.
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Mins.|
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes||45 minutes|
SSC MTS Exam Syllabus
Part-A: General Intelligence
It would include questions of non-verbal type. The test will include questions on similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate‘s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
Part-B: English Language
Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested.
Part-C: Numerical Aptitude
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Menstruation, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
Part-D: General Awareness
Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‘s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
Become a Multi-Tasking Staff in SSC
100% Result Oriented Coaching – 6 Level Practice Programs – Online Lab & Library Support
– Practice Here till you get placed (Life-long Validity)